Apr 23 2009
By: Maverick10 Sackboy 551 posts

did anyone see the front page?

23 replies 3 views Edited Apr 23, 2009

I know alot of us want Uncharted 2 to have co-op and/or multiplayer, but on the front page of this website playstation.com it says "An electrifying announcement." And it shows Uncharted and inFAMOUS together. So I'm thinking maybe the big announcement is an Uncharted 2 BETA or demo will come with inFAMOUS.

It makes sense to have one exclusive come with another. Plus inFAMOUS was moved up anyway so it didnt have to directly compete with Prototype which is very similiar to inFAMOUS. And this would be an incentive to buy inFAMOUS over Prototype and I've just inadvertly spent way too much time and energy on this. What do ya think?

Message 1 of 24 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15052 posts

Re: did anyone see the front page?

Apr 23, 2009

Maverick10 wrote:

I know alot of us want Uncharted 2 to have co-op and/or multiplayer, but on the front page of this website playstation.com it says "An electrifying announcement." And it shows Uncharted and inFAMOUS together. So I'm thinking maybe the big announcement is an Uncharted 2 BETA or demo will come with inFAMOUS.

It makes sense to have one exclusive come with another. Plus inFAMOUS was moved up anyway so it didnt have to directly compete with Prototype which is very similiar to inFAMOUS. And this would be an incentive to buy inFAMOUS over Prototype and I've just inadvertly spent way too much time and energy on this. What do ya think?

What's interesting is when you click on it, it goes to the Uncharted 2 trailer. The interesting part? The place holder boxart for Uncharted 2 has the "Playstation Network" logo on it where as single player only games have the, "Only on Playstation" logo and nothing more.

Tired of run of the mill Sega Forums? Join Sonic Blast with lots of discussion about Sega and Video Games.(Click the pics)

Message 2 of 24 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
551 posts

Apr 23, 2009
that is strange. im sure Uncharted 2 will have some sort of online capabilities but I'm just curious as to why the inFAMOUS tie in, you know?
Message 3 of 24 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
271 posts

Apr 23, 2009
Yeah, there's also a poster in the PlayStation Home mall advertising this, along with the date 4-27-09.  I'm really kind of confused about these two games being featured together as well.

Message 4 of 24 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1039 posts

Apr 23, 2009

here is the video for this announcement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk3VwGxXDvI

Bluelizard-
Message 5 of 24 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7199 posts

Apr 23, 2009

Yeah, I saw this and I agree with Maverick. The two games seem to have nothing to do with each other. I'm thinking if you get Infamous, it'll come with Uncharted 2 demo

The first Uncharted is the best-selling of Sony’s first-party PS3 games. So adding in the demo for the sequel with a new IP would be a smart move. More people may buy InFamous for the Uncharted demo and Uncharted will start it's buzz growing.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 24 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4583 posts

Apr 23, 2009

rojito wrote:

Yeah, I saw this and I agree with Maverick. The two games seem to have nothing to do with each other. I'm thinking if you get Infamous, it'll come with Uncharted 2 demo

The first Uncharted is the best-selling of Sony’s first-party PS3 games. So adding in the demo for the sequel with a new IP would be a smart move. More people may buy InFamous for the Uncharted demo and Uncharted will start it's buzz growing.

Yea it would be awsome. I planned on buying InFamous anyways so I really hope this will happen. Hopefully it would be on the Infamous Disc instead of some code to download it.
Message Edited by Kratos276 on 04-23-2009 07:41 PM
18V Sig
Message 7 of 24 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1792 posts

Apr 23, 2009
Im thinking it could be a demo found only with Infamous for Uncharted 2. A couple weeks ago i saw an article about naughty Dog being under a bit of a time crucnh to get the finishing polishes on a demo. Now some fourms and sites thought it meant a demo for E3. Now if Sony does include a demo for Uncharted 2 on Infamous it would genenrate more sales for Infamous and also get more people excited for Uncharted 2. Also in addition to this announcement being all over Home and on the front page. There is also a free Tshirt in the Mall that has Infamous on the front and Uncharted 2 on the back.
Message 8 of 24 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Apr 23, 2009

rojito wrote:

I don't see the rational for your statement as all of the demos will be downloadable anyway.  I wouldn't buy Infamous just on the off chance that it will have the Uncharted Demo.

Message 9 of 24 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4583 posts

Apr 23, 2009
If E3 is before the InFamous release date then mabey it is a demo for both E3 and InFamous
18V Sig
Message 10 of 24 (3 Views)
0 Likes