Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

Re: Wow....

Apr 12, 2010

tripleWRECK wrote:

Hndsmboi18 wrote:

I agree. The game is so broken right now I never know WHAT to expect when I play MP. HOPEFULLY 1.07 will fix A LOT of these issues as far as glitching and lag. Hang in there brotha!!! I'm right there with you.

Uncharted 2: the only MP game that is different month-to-month.

Loool, qft.

Message 51 of 103 (144 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1802 posts

Apr 12, 2010

tripleWRECK wrote:

onuosfan wrote: 

I don't think it's contradictory at all. I'm sure I'll get some kind of clever brown-nose graphic for this, but I believe them when they say they made changes because they thought it was the right thing to do, not to be more like another game.

And, while you obviously die faster when you only have to get hit 6 times instead of 7, it's still a lot different than 2-3 shots in another game.

Except ND see's CoD's success and online numbers and naturally thinks that making their game more like CoD will bring them similar success. Regardless, any game that increases it's weapon damage will be instantly compared to CoD simply because CoD has very high damage.

Because of this, your statement is contradictory:

"...it is vastly different than other games...they need to realize that U2 is why it is for a reason, and we don't want it to be like other games."

It's not about just dying faster, it's the fact that UC2 was designed for pre-1.05 weapon damage. Thus, changing that throws a wrench in the whole formula. It's not any one specific thing, it's a combination of small things including the lag I mentioned earlier.

A game's balance is a complex web of values and settings, each little thing affects another and making any changes will impact the rest (most often in significant ways). 

If you think of UC2 as a low-riding sports car, you would understand that it was designed to perform on smooth pavement. Now since 1.05 and 1.06, it's been forced to drive off road.

The results have been disastrous because it was simply not created for that purpose and those conditions.

Well said.

Message 52 of 103 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Apr 12, 2010

onuosfan wrote:

Well said.

Does...not....compute. onousfan + tripleWRECK = BFFs???

: ( )

Message 53 of 103 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1802 posts

Apr 13, 2010

Nah, but I can recognize a well written post when I see one.

I still disagree that they purposely changed it to be like MW2, but maybe they wanted it to be a bit more accessible to casual gamers, which is basically the same thing...

And, the rest of the post was a very well thought out and written argment, so I thought I should just recognize it as such and leave it at that...

Message 54 of 103 (144 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6586 posts

Apr 13, 2010
See that's what I like about you man, if someone gives a good counter argument and you have no reply you admit that they've won. You're not one of those who insults the opposition and then calls the argument boring and a waste of time. Honesty is good, I'm glad that some people on this forum do have it
Message 55 of 103 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Apr 13, 2010

onuosfan wrote:

Nah, but I can recognize a well written post when I see one.

I still disagree that they purposely changed it to be like MW2, but maybe they wanted it to be a bit more accessible to casual gamers, which is basically the same thing...

And, the rest of the post was a very well thought out and written argment, so I thought I should just recognize it as such and leave it at that...

Wait...so you don't want to be BFF's??? 

What is strange though, is that 1.04 UC2 was way more accessible to casual players. In some ways, it was more noob-friendly. Higher damage grenades, lower weapon damage, better spawns, sniper was 2HKO, and the shotguns were more effective.

That's what I loved about old UC2, is was really appealing to casual players but at the same time could be very competitive and rewarded skill so hardcore people could enjoy it too. ND nailed that delicate balance from the get-go. *sigh*.....

Message 56 of 103 (144 Views)
Wastelander
712 posts

Apr 13, 2010

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Alot of you may be thinking "he just sucks" or "he likes to whine alot".  Yes, I do suck, now that this game is 75% lag, and 25% player skill, I am a victim of BS every match, I still manage to get alot of kills most matches, but deaths are just ridiculous...I was good before...but now U2 has just taken all  my skill and threw it in the garbage because it doesnt matter how much I fleet foot, how much of a head start I get on the opponent or what weapon Im using, I always get ripped off.  And yes, I do whine alot too, but wouldnt you if the game you really really liked started acting up on you?  I live in a very very small town, almost out in the middle of nowhere...and this is all I have to do for fun (besides cleaning my house....yippie...) 

Move.

Sig provided by myu2sig.com !
Message 57 of 103 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6847 posts

Apr 13, 2010

Holy hell. Did the OP learn anything while they were in school? There's something called "summarizing". Use it. No one on Earth is going to take on that wall of text.

Message 58 of 103 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Apr 13, 2010
It's not technically a wall of text, he used plenty of paragraphs.
Message 59 of 103 (144 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Apr 13, 2010

Lol i agree with the mp, my buddy was cursing the game to no end the other night because of spawns, saying he was in an infinite death loop. He could start 7 and 0 and die once, and he would literally be 7-5 with nothing he could do about it because he would spawn with three enemies or spawn right in front of someone or people would spawn right where he was after two steps and you die so quick in this game there is nothing you can do unless the player shooting you plain sucks ass.

I was making fun of him and then it happened to me tonight, i had to get a 3.0 k/d jst to break even with my k/d because the rediculous spawns. I never seen so many matches where i was going even and could do nothing about it, die once and hello three more deaths.

The game is broke, spawns, weapon balance, gameplay, its all broke. What the hell is ND doing. STOP "FIXING" THE GAME. **bleep** break the damn game or something, because your fixing isnt working.

I guess there is a reason people say, "if it aint broke dont fix it" come on ND its been said for ages, you should know this.

Message 60 of 103 (144 Views)