I Only Post Everything
1117 posts

Re: Wow....

Apr 12, 2010

You have my love bro - this game is now GAME OVER for me.

I reached Lvl.60 last weekend and have quitted this broken piece of kaka.

I hope you hear me ND, cause YOU CANT CHANGE THE CORE GAMEPLAY AFTER 6 MONTHS.

YOU LOST 1 Uncharted HARDCORE LOVER!

A multiplayer is supposed to feel the same as the game before it. You made that mistake with Uc3 but it was manageable. Now with Uc4 this is just ridiculous.

DeFy Sushi
Message 41 of 103 (146 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1802 posts

Apr 12, 2010

MarvelAlex wrote:

Richard_X wrote:

1.06 is great, why would you people want to go back to being sponges? The game is much more faced paced when you die quicker. I still search people out, I rarely ever see anyone camping. 1.07 ain't gonna fix anything.

BECAUSE WE WERE NOT BULLET SPONGES. 

Sometimes I really want to punch you people in the face sometimes. IT TOOK 7 SHOTS! 7 SHOTS! NOW IT'S SIX! WE WERE NOT FREAKING BULLET SPONGES!!!!!!!!!

Gods sake now I'm going to bed angry! 

You might want to be careful there, or you'll inadvertently hurt your own argument... If it's not that big of a difference from before, what's the big push to go back to 1.04?

Anyway, I thought it was fine before, I still think it's fine now (and yes, I can tell the difference), but from what I understand of other games, I can definitely understand why someone coming to U2 would feel this way. That being said, the difference between this game and, say, MW2, is on purpose and most of us like it.

Sorry, I'm rambling a bit. Bottom line: 1.06 is not that much different than 1.04 in terms of how many shots it takes to kill someone, but it is vastly different than other games, so I understand why people coming from other games would complain, but they need to realize that U2 is why it is for a reason, and we don't want it to be like other games.

Now, back to the OT, yes, there is some lag from time to time, but the fact that it varies so greatly tells me that I'm running into hosts who have crappy connection, because most of the time it's fine for me. If you're seeing it in every game, maybe you need to fix your own connection.

Message 42 of 103 (146 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6586 posts

Apr 12, 2010
It's just the fact that he said players were bullet sponges. We never were and we're not sponges now.
Message 43 of 103 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1802 posts

Apr 12, 2010

MarvelAlex wrote:
It's just the fact that he said players were bullet sponges. We never were and we're not sponges now.

WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS A SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED U2 SINGLE PLAYER

I generally agree with you, in the sense that, to me, bullet sponge = too hard to kill. So, I don't think we are sponges. The Guardians at the end of the SP game, now those were sponges.

However, compared to other online games, I can see why people would come to this one and think people are sponges. It's just that those of us that have been around for a while know that it's that way for a reason, and we like it.

Message 44 of 103 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1300 posts

Apr 12, 2010

onuosfan wrote:

MarvelAlex wrote:

Richard_X wrote:

1.06 is great, why would you people want to go back to being sponges? The game is much more faced paced when you die quicker. I still search people out, I rarely ever see anyone camping. 1.07 ain't gonna fix anything.

BECAUSE WE WERE NOT BULLET SPONGES. 

Sometimes I really want to punch you people in the face sometimes. IT TOOK 7 SHOTS! 7 SHOTS! NOW IT'S SIX! WE WERE NOT FREAKING BULLET SPONGES!!!!!!!!!

Gods sake now I'm going to bed angry! 

You might want to be careful there, or you'll inadvertently hurt your own argument... If it's not that big of a difference from before, what's the big push to go back to 1.04?

Anyway, I thought it was fine before, I still think it's fine now (and yes, I can tell the difference), but from what I understand of other games, I can definitely understand why someone coming to U2 would feel this way. That being said, the difference between this game and, say, MW2, is on purpose and most of us like it.

Sorry, I'm rambling a bit. Bottom line: 1.06 is not that much different than 1.04 in terms of how many shots it takes to kill someone, but it is vastly different than other games, so I understand why people coming from other games would complain, but they need to realize that U2 is why it is for a reason, and we don't want it to be like other games.

Now, back to the OT, yes, there is some lag from time to time, but the fact that it varies so greatly tells me that I'm running into hosts who have crappy connection, because most of the time it's fine for me. If you're seeing it in every game, maybe you need to fix your own connection.

Nice post, kudos.

Message 45 of 103 (146 Views)
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Apr 12, 2010

onuosfan wrote:

LOL WUT.

You do realize that ND lowered the health so it could be more like CoD right? They won't admit it of course, but it doesn't take an exorbitant amount of discernment to figure it out.

So that sentence is completely contradictory.

Lastly, while you may not think 1 bullet of damage is significant, it most definitely is. Any change (even if considered small) can greatly effect balance as a whole.

For example: due to UC2's high amount of baseline-lag, that extra bullet of damage really helped when you tried to get into cover or get around a corner as you got shot. Now, you just die. It's obvious that UC2's maps and core design were not intended for 1.05/1.06 weapon damage. 

I'm fine with UC3 having the same amount of bullet damage as UC2, as long as the game is designed from the ground up for it unlike what we have now.

Hell, spawns are the biggest problem with UC2. I'm positive I could have some fun and play UC2 regularly if just that was fixed.

Message 46 of 103 (146 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1802 posts

Apr 12, 2010

tripleWRECK wrote:

onuosfan wrote:

LOL WUT.

You do realize that ND lowered the health so it could be more like CoD right? They won't admit it of course, but it doesn't take an exorbitant amount of discernment to figure it out.

So that sentence is completely contradictory.

Lastly, while you may not think 1 bullet of damage is significant, it most definitely is. Any change (even if considered small) can greatly effect balance as a whole.

For example: due to UC2's high amount of baseline-lag, that extra bullet of damage really helped when you tried to get into cover or get around a corner as you got shot. Now, you just die. It's obvious that UC2's maps and core design were not intended for 1.05/1.06 weapon damage. 

I'm fine with UC3 having the same amount of bullet damage as UC2, as long as the game is designed from the ground up for it unlike what we have now.

Hell, spawns are the biggest problem with UC2. I'm positive I could have some fun and play UC2 regularly if just that was fixed.

I don't think it's contradictory at all. I'm sure I'll get some kind of clever brown-nose graphic for this, but I believe them when they say they made changes because they thought it was the right thing to do, not to be more like another game.

And, while you obviously die faster when you only have to get hit 6 times instead of 7, it's still a lot different than 2-3 shots in another game.

Message 47 of 103 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Apr 12, 2010

onuosfan wrote: 

I don't think it's contradictory at all. I'm sure I'll get some kind of clever brown-nose graphic for this, but I believe them when they say they made changes because they thought it was the right thing to do, not to be more like another game.

And, while you obviously die faster when you only have to get hit 6 times instead of 7, it's still a lot different than 2-3 shots in another game.

Except ND see's CoD's success and online numbers and naturally thinks that making their game more like CoD will bring them similar success. Regardless, any game that increases it's weapon damage will be instantly compared to CoD simply because CoD has very high damage.

Because of this, your statement is contradictory:

"...it is vastly different than other games...they need to realize that U2 is why it is for a reason, and we don't want it to be like other games."

It's not about just dying faster, it's the fact that UC2 was designed for pre-1.05 weapon damage. Thus, changing that throws a wrench in the whole formula. It's not any one specific thing, it's a combination of small things including the lag I mentioned earlier.

A game's balance is a complex web of values and settings, each little thing affects another and making any changes will impact the rest (most often in significant ways). 

If you think of UC2 as a low-riding sports car, you would understand that it was designed to perform on smooth pavement. Now since 1.05 and 1.06, it's been forced to drive off road.

The results have been disastrous because it was simply not created for that purpose and those conditions.

Message 48 of 103 (146 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
362 posts

Apr 12, 2010

I agree. The game is so broken right now I never know WHAT to expect when I play MP. HOPEFULLY 1.07 will fix A LOT of these issues as far as glitching and lag. Hang in there brotha!!! I'm right there with you.

Message 49 of 103 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Apr 12, 2010

Hndsmboi18 wrote:

I agree. The game is so broken right now I never know WHAT to expect when I play MP. HOPEFULLY 1.07 will fix A LOT of these issues as far as glitching and lag. Hang in there brotha!!! I'm right there with you.

Uncharted 2: the only MP game that is different month-to-month.

Message 50 of 103 (146 Views)