Fender Bender
4068 posts

Re: Why was Drake's Fortune soo Short?

Aug 16, 2008

CaptainHarlock wrote:

pissedoffatsony wrote:
I beat the game on normal in 6 hours. Should have made it atleast as long as resistance! LoL i just woke up at 12 sat down and i was done before dinner.

Congratulations. You've "beat" the game. Now FINISH it.

There's the problem right there, and I'm not trying to be a wise guy here. You sat in front of the television and did nothing else for six whole hours. And this gives more credence to my assertion that people are plopping themselves in front of the widescreen and playing these marathon sessions and doing little else. EVERY game is going to seem short. We are a nation of extremes. We can't do anything in moderation anymore. 

You want games to last longer then you find other hobbies in addition to gaming to fill your free time.  

Message Edited by CaptainHarlock on 08-15-2008 10:54 PM

Well said CaptainHarlock. I couldn't agree more. I can't understand why so many gamers these days are in such a rush.

Message 11 of 53 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1739 posts

Aug 16, 2008

CaptainHarlock wrote:

kikook wrote:

puppylover2399 wrote:
Unchated is in no way short. Sure you "beat" the game. You still have to beat it 100%. I like this game so much that I've replayed it twice now trying to get 100% (and now the trophys). And don't just sit down and play it in one day. Play it for a couple of hours and then play a different game.

Thats a lame excuse im sorry...beating a game quick makes it short no matter what reviewers never take replay value into consideration at all. Replay value is not a good arguement for a game that you can beat quick, Even though it took a a bit to beat it.

If you're sitting in front of the television for six hours at a stretch then EVERY game is going to seem "short". 

I never said your point is wrong, Its true you can beat every game in one sitting no matter what, Even GTA4...I was saying that you cannot say a game is justified for being short because of replay value.
Message 12 of 53 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
266 posts

Aug 16, 2008
i thought it was short to but i just plyed through it collecting trophies
Message 13 of 53 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
381 posts

Aug 17, 2008
I think it was perfect length.
It's not between me and you. This is between me and your girl

Message 14 of 53 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5542 posts

Aug 17, 2008

kikook wrote:

CaptainHarlock wrote:

kikook wrote:

puppylover2399 wrote:
Unchated is in no way short. Sure you "beat" the game. You still have to beat it 100%. I like this game so much that I've replayed it twice now trying to get 100% (and now the trophys). And don't just sit down and play it in one day. Play it for a couple of hours and then play a different game.

Thats a lame excuse im sorry...beating a game quick makes it short no matter what reviewers never take replay value into consideration at all. Replay value is not a good arguement for a game that you can beat quick, Even though it took a a bit to beat it.

If you're sitting in front of the television for six hours at a stretch then EVERY game is going to seem "short". 

I never said your point is wrong, Its true you can beat every game in one sitting no matter what, Even GTA4...I was saying that you cannot say a game is justified for being short because of replay value.
Agreed. I don't see such a thing like replay value in Uncharted. Unless they mean play it again dieng much faster. Once the game is beated it's done. I'll replay it again just for the trophies. Or maybe not. It's a great game, but far too short. 

----
- I'm not a Playstation fanboy. I'm a Micro$oft hater. It's different.
Message 15 of 53 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Aug 17, 2008
That's the thing about Uncharted, its no that 'long' but its certainly very faced-paced with constant action.  I don't think there are any dull moments in the whole game, I'd much rather have am immersive 6 hour experience then a boring 10 hour one... 
I only post here to stay 'active' for G.A.P. reasons...
Message 16 of 53 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5542 posts

Aug 17, 2008

Cyro wrote:
That's the thing about Uncharted, its no that 'long' but its certainly very faced-paced with constant action.  I don't think there are any dull moments in the whole game, I'd much rather have am immersive 6 hour experience then a boring 10 hour one... 
Sorry, but I want at least 30 hours, as I am used to with  his sister (TR).

----
Message 17 of 53 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Aug 17, 2008

1) LIAR!

2) Short? What the...? You high?

Message 18 of 53 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5542 posts

Aug 17, 2008

PlaySkippy3 wrote:

1) LIAR!

2) Short? What the...? You high?

Actually it seems you to be down. That game is way too short. That's why I waited for the Platinum release. I spent 15 hours finishing just because I looked for all possbile treasures (got 45 at first round). Otherwise I could end it in 8 or 9 hours. Which is  pretty short to me.

----
Message 19 of 53 (3 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28816 posts

Aug 17, 2008

Michelasso wrote:

Cyro wrote:
That's the thing about Uncharted, its no that 'long' but its certainly very faced-paced with constant action. I don't think there are any dull moments in the whole game, I'd much rather have am immersive 6 hour experience then a boring 10 hour one...
Sorry, but I want at least 30 hours, as I am used to with his sister (TR).

And I want a solid gold toilet but some things just aren't in the cards now are they.

If Uncharted was 30 hours long maybe you would finish it, I guessing however that most people wouldn't. In regards to the game's lenght you are the exception and not the rule. The game would over stay it's welcome and people would quit playing out of frustration. So do not judge it by that standard. As much as you wanted to believe it in a different topic this game is NOT and was never intended to be the same as Tomb Raider and making it excedeingly and uncessarily long does not improve the quality. And saying "It's Tomb Raider" over and over again does not make it so. Stephen Colbert calls that Truthiness.

Like I keep saying; longer is not better by default. By your standard at over 12,000 pages the United States Tax Code is then the greatest literary work ever written.

Message Edited by CaptainHarlock on 08-17-2008 03:08 PM
Message 20 of 53 (3 Views)
0 Likes