Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Re: Why is everyone hating on MP??

Apr 29, 2009
I think an interesting idea would be incorporating a few vehicles that 1 or 2 players could get in and drive. We have seen pics of what loooked like a T-72 or some Chinese tank and it looks great.
Message 81 of 87 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1039 posts

Apr 29, 2009

jpd1408 wrote:

I believe that if U2 has an amazing single player wether it has MP or not shouldnt matter.... and if it does have MP it should def. be a perk that everyone on these boards shouldnt shun out just yet because its just an extra feature that will make the overal experience enjoyable...my only concern is that if the MP ends up being bad even if the single player is amazing it will cause reviewers to str8 up bash it... and i want this game to excell because the first one was AMAZING!!

What do you guys think?

and for the people that do not like MP you dont have to play it just play the sp mode which im pretty sure will be awsome

jpd1408 wrote:

I believe that if U2 has an amazing single player wether it has MP or not shouldnt matter.... and if it does have MP it should def. be a perk that everyone on these boards shouldnt shun out just yet because its just an extra feature that will make the overal experience enjoyable...my only concern is that if the MP ends up being bad even if the single player is amazing it will cause reviewers to str8 up bash it... and i want this game to excell because the first one was AMAZING!!

What do you guys think?

and for the people that do not like MP you dont have to play it just play the sp mode which im pretty sure will be awsome

On drives, one uses the turret and the other has the GL.

Bluelizard-
Message 82 of 87 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5542 posts

Apr 29, 2009

TechnoGolem wrote:

Michelasso wrote:
I would like to know how in hell Naughty Dog can make U2 worse than the original. Which has often been criticized for being TOO SHORT and with too many fights (added to make the game last ing longer, in my opinion). If you guys were very happy with the original (I wasn't), the sequel can only be superior, seen the amount of time ND spent at the beginning to move into C++ programming and developing tools for the PS3. 
Also i'd like to remind that Uncharted has been one one of the first few PS3 games. And it didn't sell very well. At least not as much as R:FoM or COD4 (both FPS, God forbids, but with on-line) or even MOTORSTORM. 
Personally I'd have preferred if ND concentrated on making U2 more Indiana Jones like, with traps, more dungeons and puzzles than having MP (still, we don't know yet if that happened). Dropping AT LEAST 50% of the shooting. But I strongly suspect that ND wants to keep Uncharted more like a shooter than a real tomb raiding game. So that's it, MP really fits with it. Many people were happy with a shooter, MP is a plus for every shooter. At least so it seems to think the majority of shooters fans.

The same way Insomniac and Rockstar made Resistance 2 and GTA4 worse than the previous games, by stripping features. If they cut down on the puzzles, platforming, and removed the vehicle parts I would consider it to be worse than the first game. I'm worried that ND will turn Uncharted into nothing but another run of the mill TPS.

Oh really? Just because GTA4 miss the airplanes? Due to september 11 anyway, it seems... I'm playing GTA4 right now, second time. That game is H U G E. And so is the MP. Then read the other thread I posted, with news from the PS blog. The SP campaign has been improved as it HAD to. They wanna make money like everybody else. So, since at Naughty Dog they are good, they went for quality expanding everything. 

----
- I'm not a Playstation fanboy. I'm a Micro$oft hater. It's different.
Message 83 of 87 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1039 posts

Apr 29, 2009

The same way Insomniac and Rockstar made Resistance 2 and GTA4 worse than the previous games, by stripping features. If they cut down on the puzzles, platforming, and removed the vehicle parts I would consider it to be worse than the first game. I'm worried that ND will turn Uncharted into nothing but another run of the mill TPS.

Oh really? Just because GTA4 miss the airplanes? Due to september 11 anyway, it seems... I'm playing GTA4 right now, second time. That game is H U G E. And so is the MP. Then read the other thread I posted, with news from the PS blog. The SP campaign has been improved as it HAD to. They wanna make money like everybody else. So, since at Naughty Dog they are good, they went for quality expanding everything. 

honeslty, Naughty Dog isn't the company to get over their heads and do any lower waulity tehn you expect top notch from them.

Bluelizard-
Message 84 of 87 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
91 posts

Apr 29, 2009
Sont worry dude. U2 co op is completely different missions. and so is the competitive mp. the sp should be insane of course!!
Message 85 of 87 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Apr 29, 2009
I cant believe my thread got this big lol
Message 86 of 87 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
771 posts

Apr 30, 2009

MP shouldn't be too bad, it's just the absence of splitscreen that's making me wonder what ND's trying to do.

And the fact that the coop's story looks like filler just to put another online mode in.  But that's just my opinion.  Hopefully it's good, but I'm not getting too excited about it (for the moment, i.e. till I see some non-trailer gameplay of it).

All of you who are complaining about the MP: not only will it be an option on the screen that you don't have to choose (GASP!), but a lot of people asked for it, and ND answered.  If you're complaining about a company that rewards their fanbase with what it wants (the majority of it, not just this little sect here in this forum; yes, this is a JUST little sect of the majority), then there's something wrong here.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - SWEETGAMES
Message 87 of 87 (4 Views)
0 Likes