Feb 23 2010
By: Kooichi-kun Splicer 71 posts

Why Update 1.05 is better for Uncharted 2.

22 replies 152 views Edited Feb 23, 2010

In my personal and honest opinion. Don't go making angry replies as if I'm talking with facts. Only reply if you have something civlized to say.

To start of, Uncharted 2 is a cover-based shooter with a range of movement and platforming ablities. How does being able to take such a high amount of bullet damage make sense in a game like Uncharted 2? Please answer this question because I really don't think so.

Doesn't it make far more sense for players to have lower health in a cover-based shooter? With their low health, players will be more accustomed to using the cover for more strategic play because it will keep them alive. That's how cover-based shooters work. Before the update, the cover was just used as a last minute way to dodge a flurry of bullets when your running around in the open, when you know you won't die with your high health bar. Players with shotguns, pistoles, and grenades dominated. Why use cover when you'll be able to survive enough bullets from an AK and blast the player away with one shot from the shotgun without having to barely aim? Players took a long time die, allowing them to throw their greandes at your feet, while your busy finishing them off. Where is the skill in all this? How was it balanced before the update? Sure the Sniper Rifle is also fairly cheap now, but atleast you have to aim. And grenades aren't as a big of problem anymore! Also, I still see people using the shotgun and pistole to great effect. It's just not as cheap and unbalanced anymore because a player using a AK or 92FS can fight back.

People tend to argue that the update promotes camping, which I find odd. What shooter doesn't promote camping? Before the update, I can easily camp in one place and get tons of kills with barely any deaths. This has not changed at all, you could do this in all shooters. I've been running and gunning before the update and after the update all the time(using the cover to hide with strategy and killing patiently) and my K/D ratio is fine. I always get more kills then deaths. Besides, I don't see as much camping as everyone tends to say there is. It's the same as before the update. People will camp no matter what. Campers gives me a chance to get some easy stealth kills.

I'm not saying the update is perfect. Sniper Rifles should take one shot to the head only, the FAL is pretty over powered(But I've killed FAL users with the AK or pistol tons of times so I don't care.), shoulder switching can be bothersome in tight corners, and we still have glitchers running amok.

What i'm saying is: All in all, Update 1.05 is better for Uncharted 2. It feels right.

Thank you for reading.

Message Edited by Kooichi-kun on 02-23-2010 10:44 AM
Message 1 of 23 (152 Views)
Survivor
2748 posts

Re: Why Update 1.05 is better for Uncharted 2.

Feb 23, 2010

With 3rd person cover based games, very low health is a problem because never would anyone pop out.  That equals 5 guns aimed at you.  With the grenades in this game, that would be a mega uber giant epic camping nade fest.

1.05 isn't that low, though.  I feel it makes running and gunning easier.  The maps always have a route to get behind that camper

Photobucket
Message 2 of 23 (152 Views)
Splicer
30 posts

Feb 23, 2010
Good post and well written, I agree with everything you've said but the haters and wingers aren't gonna listen, they are blind to reason so I fear you have wasted your time. Kudos though
Message 3 of 23 (152 Views)
Sackboy
540 posts

Feb 23, 2010
i love it when people say in the campaign you dont get killed fast, and heal quickly, so the mp should be like that, every game is like that, in sp its usually easier to avoid the a.i in mp people have skill
Photobucket
Message 4 of 23 (152 Views)
Fender Bender
3152 posts

Feb 23, 2010

JBracin70 wrote:

With 3rd person cover based games, very low health is a problem because never would anyone pop out.  That equals 5 guns aimed at you.  With the grenades in this game, that would be a mega uber giant epic camping nade fest.

1.05 isn't that low, though.  I feel it makes running and gunning easier.  The maps always have a route to get behind that camper

Except Fort, but they basically said that map is for camping 

Message Edited by CondorMcG on 02-23-2010 12:14 PM
Message 5 of 23 (152 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6586 posts

Feb 23, 2010
The hit boxes are screwed as now you take 6 shots to the leg like you do in the chest. People who can't aim will hit the legs therefore getting a kill with their bad aim. The game was fine as it was. 
Message 6 of 23 (152 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
239 posts

Feb 23, 2010
I completely agree. The update has made for a far more satisfying experience by drastically reducing all of the cheapness involved with this game, namely the grenade throw before death.
Eternal Lord sig
Message 7 of 23 (152 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Feb 23, 2010
Its better for the MP because now the sh_tty spawn points and weapon damage work together to give nubs even more of a chance to kill higher levels without them having any real chance of getting away. Hence the nubs loving the update
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 8 of 23 (152 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Feb 23, 2010
It is nice to feel WANTED for a change.
Message 9 of 23 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1930 posts

Feb 23, 2010

Eternal_Lord wrote:
I completely agree. The update has made for a far more satisfying experience by drastically reducing all of the cheapness involved with this game, namely the grenade throw before death.
You can still 'nade toss before death, the update didn't change that. People can and still will 'nade toss before they die. Also, there really wasn't a whole lot of "cheapness" in the game before this update. The cheapness actually exists now because of the DS one shotting people anywhere, FAL kills easier, and spawns being even more retarded (by this I mean, you can literally SPAWN WITH AN OPPOSING TEAM MEMBER as well as have them spawn behind you and not being able to get behind cover ever to survive).

Good luck trying to kill 2-3 people too with only a gun, now in that situation you are forced to throw a grenade, which lessens the skill/depth of this game. This is the kind of stuff people don't like about 1.05, you lose so many options at the cost of making the game too straightforward. Hitboxes being the same except for headshots is also really dumb, there's not even a point to aiming for the heads anymore.

I don't understand the praise 1.05 gets at all. Oh wait, it's coming from players who haven't experienced any of what I said thus, they think it doesn't exist and that I suck. Oh how awesome this community is. 

Photobucket
Message 10 of 23 (152 Views)