Dec 21 2009
By: Mylo_Cordana Wastelander 824 posts

What should the next MP map be?

36 replies 46 views Edited Dec 21, 2009

In my opinion, Uncharted 2's unique multiplayer is terrific. I purchased the game the day it came out and I'm still enjoying myself online. It's not just a refreshing break from FPS games, but a great, prosperous multiplayer in its own right. One of my only concerns about the multiplayer is that the maps, which all have great layout and look fantastic, are all close to the same size, somewhat small, and are done with a similar open-arena style. They're fun to play and more than suffice. But their size contributes to somewhat repetitive gameplay, or a habit to start every map out the same way. They feel a bit cramped and I often find myself wondering in circles in my Deathmatch games. In the short time the game has been out, we have received the Fortress map which was a great addition to the game, but was also a rectangular field with places to take cover, and seemed similar to the existing maps. There may likely be another new map out in the future. I look forward to seeing it, and am also hoping that it will be a little more creative and larger than the existing maps, to give us something new and exciting.

So? What should the next multiplayer map be? There are many areas from both games that would make good multiplayer maps. There is also the matter of what layout should be like, what unique features the map should have, and what weapons could be laying about. Try not to simply list areas from the games, but to post some creative ideas.

I think the Flooded Colony from DF would make an excellent map. I'm picturing ruined structures and buildings with the waterway passing through the middle of the map. It could balance open courtyard areas with narrow hallways, rooms, and multiple stories.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 37 (46 Views)
Sackboy
552 posts

Re: What should the next MP map be?

Dec 21, 2009
I am not really sure what the best new map would be, but I would like it to be a bit bigger. Like I love these maps but there just needs to be more space in them. Sort of like Killzone 2 those maps are like the perfect size. Ummm. I think having a train multilayer level would be amazing.
Message 2 of 37 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
94 posts

Dec 21, 2009

Agreed, the train level would be intense, and unlike anything. However, I doubt they will be able to pull it off performance wise. To be able to have 10 ppl in a moving train shooting around and doing objectives would be REAlly complicated.

I would also love one map from Borneo or Turkey (at the start of game)

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Bloo_Tiger
Message 3 of 37 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
552 posts

Dec 21, 2009
Agreed but we can dream.
Message 4 of 37 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2545 posts

Dec 21, 2009

A Museum level could be really cool, and they could make a level that takes outside the Museum and then one that takes place inside (and it'd be unique to have an indoor map for a change).

I'd also love to get a level based on Sanctuary? from the first Uncharted.

Message 5 of 37 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2990 posts

Dec 21, 2009
It would be cool if they made a train map where we have to try to kill each other while the train moves. Only problem i can see with that is the lag.
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Kaveh77
Message 6 of 37 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
206 posts

Dec 21, 2009
a level where periodically the sap eating monsters would run out and try to kill everyone.  You would then have to kill them to protect yourself as well as your team but also have to watch your back so the other team doesn't kill you too. 
"im so good, i get trophies in demos"
Message 7 of 37 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Dec 21, 2009

I'd like to have Borneo and the Museeum. Also, please don't make a map like Fort again. I hate fort.

All you do in the beginning of a match, is hide behind cover and shoot across the map with Fal.

Plaza on the other hand, THAT is a brilliant map (Excluding the middle with the pit that people likes to camp inside and get pul down kills...)

Message 8 of 37 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3152 posts

Dec 21, 2009

I want a vertical map! One based around a tower would be awesome. Staircase up the middle, but you'd be able to hop out of windows and climb up the outside, pull people down out of windows, lean over the edge to shoot climbers. It would be awesome. Maybe two towers to balance it, so you'd have the plunder score points both at the tops of the towers?

It could be based off the bit in monestery where the snipers are in the towers (and one of the collapses when you shoot the RPG guy). You could have sky bridges and huge jumps across the chasm in between. I think it would be awesome.   

Message 9 of 37 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4909 posts

Dec 21, 2009
Would like to see a verticl map and the museum map that is in the second chapter of Uncharted2. That would really be cool . I think they should make a poll on this.

Message 10 of 37 (46 Views)
0 Likes