Highlighted
Mar 11 2010
By: Deehan1888 Lombax Warrior 119 posts

What historical explorer will they use for UC3?

10 replies 146 views Edited Mar 11, 2010

UC1 had Sir Francis Drake & UC2 had Marco Polo. Do you think they will use a historical explorer for the next game?

Message 11 of 11 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Re: What historical explorer will they use for UC3?

Mar 10, 2010

Well im guessing drake will be on the hunt for an ancient treasure then, there will be some thing that turns people into zombies then they dont want the treasure after all. UC2 campain was suck a dissapointment from the story point of view... just a copy of UC1

Message 1 of 11 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
209 posts

Mar 10, 2010

They might go for the cliche and use DaVinci or maybe some Greek stuff. Lots of ol' historians there.

Message 2 of 11 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2740 posts

Mar 10, 2010

There are several historical explorers who could serve as fodder for a new plot.  The obvious one would be Juan Ponce de León - the Spaniard who discovered Florida while searching for the fountain of youth back in the 1500s. There's also Francisco de Orellana, another Spanish explorer and conquistador who disappeared while exploring the Amazon in 1546.

If they wanted a change of location, they could use Friedrich Wilhelm Ludwig Leichhardt, a Prussian explorer who was exploring Australia when he mysteriously vanished in 1848 while crossing the Moreton Bay.  Maybe some sort of Outback adventure.

Oh, and John Cabot, an Italian explorer, who disappeared along with his five ships during a 1499 expedition to find a western route from Europe to Asia.

But I think one of the most interesting, dramatically, would be a story based on Gaspar and Miguel Corte-Real.  They were brothers from Portugal.  Gaspar went looking for the Northwest Passage from Europe to Asia in 1501, and only two of his ships came back - the one he was on did not.  His brother went looking for him in 1502 with three ships, and again, the one with Miguel went missing while the other two returned.  I'm sure the brains at ND could come up with a fascinating explanation for that one.

Message 3 of 11 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Mar 10, 2010

If it ain't broke don't fix it.  I thought that the story was great.  I feel like sometimes developers put to much effort into making a story so unique that it becomes to hard to follow and just plain weird.  Example would be MGS 4, which I thought was an awesome game but the story seemed to be just a little to weird and yes all the MGS games have weird stories but 4 just seemed to get a little out of control in my opinion.  

I think it would be great to have the same general story just a different treasure maybe The Lost city of Olympus. However it might be cool for 3 if they don't run into any sci-fi stuff this time but instead just tougher more equipped enemies than what you would see at the beginning of the game.

Message 4 of 11 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6586 posts

Mar 10, 2010

CaptainGillette wrote:

There are several historical explorers who could serve as fodder for a new plot.  The obvious one would be Juan Ponce de León - the Spaniard who discovered Florida while searching for the fountain of youth back in the 1500s. There's also Francisco de Orellana, another Spanish explorer and conquistador who disappeared while exploring the Amazon in 1546.

If they wanted a change of location, they could use Friedrich Wilhelm Ludwig Leichhardt, a Prussian explorer who was exploring Australia when he mysteriously vanished in 1848 while crossing the Moreton Bay.  Maybe some sort of Outback adventure.

Oh, and John Cabot, an Italian explorer, who disappeared along with his five ships during a 1499 expedition to find a western route from Europe to Asia.

But I think one of the most interesting, dramatically, would be a story based on Gaspar and Miguel Corte-Real.  They were brothers from Portugal.  Gaspar went looking for the Northwest Passage from Europe to Asia in 1501, and only two of his ships came back - the one he was on did not.  His brother went looking for him in 1502 with three ships, and again, the one with Miguel went missing while the other two returned.  I'm sure the brains at ND could come up with a fascinating explanation for that one.

Obvious- I've never heard of the chap

And while that does sound interesting it sounds quite similar to Marco Polo's journey. However like you said, ND would be sure to change it in a way so it's not as similar to UC2. I do wish they actually found the ships in UC2, they found the men but no ships. Unless I missed something on each of my 7 playthroughs.

Message 5 of 11 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
195 posts

Mar 10, 2010

MarvelAlex wrote:

CaptainGillette wrote:

Obvious- I've never heard of the chap

And while that does sound interesting it sounds quite similar to Marco Polo's journey. However like you said, ND would be sure to change it in a way so it's not as similar to UC2. I do wish they actually found the ships in UC2, they found the men but no ships. Unless I missed something on each of my 7 playthroughs.

They found the ships in Borneo.

remember the section where you have to set the bombs, etc. well wou are fighting among the shipwreck.

Anyways,

What about

Piri Reis

James Cook

Ibn Battuta

or some more modern day explorers/ historical figures

Ameila Erhart

Amunsden Ronald

Or even General Patton.

Message 6 of 11 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6586 posts

Mar 10, 2010

I am? To be fair I was getting shot at, I didn't have much time to take in my surroundings Lol.

Message 7 of 11 (146 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1251 posts

Mar 10, 2010

maybe juan ponce del leon and darke would be searching for the fountain of youth.

Message 8 of 11 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1560 posts

Mar 10, 2010

Christopher columbus... drake could go looking for... India?

Message 9 of 11 (146 Views)