Welcoming Committee
14379 posts

Re: What happened to the multiplayer?

Apr 11, 2010

I possibly understand where you are coming from, I agree with everything. For a while I kept going for my trusty FAL before after about 80 games noticing it's been nerfed and is useless beyond any recognition. It doesn't take long to kill anyone though. I noticed I was dying extremely quickly. Same scenario, Killed by (Insert name here) AK 47 AK 47 AK 47!

So. now rather than pick up any weapons most people just keep hold of the AK 47 since it's the only weapon worth holding unless you are either near a rocket launcher / sniper rifle or a shotgun.

The M4 is handy but it's not worth risking a few AK shots for now.

Or you can alternatively just spam grenades. They kill you from like 20 miles away now. At least I'm getting killed by grenades I'm actually nowhere near. I swear I threw one like 3 yards infront of me. I actually ran backwards and I grenaded myself? ... Yeah okay.

Not to mention I've noticed some drastic changes due to the ease to kill now.

Plunder is no longer plunder. It's another team deathmatch mode where most people just go for kills and ignore the mode. Yeah I'll play it properly and have more deaths. Is there any way to stop this? It actually ruins the whole mode. I mean all I can currently do is tell them to go to deathmatch and get owned because they wont be able to do that when theres a sole purpose of firing at each other.

Lol Elimination: This mode is great however situational awareness and shotguns? epic fail and instant death for anyone not using evasion, situational awareness or below level 46. Even I've had to start using it because of these n00bs who can't even play a game without being babysat through it. Yes that makes me a n00b due to the fact that ND saw it fit to give higher skilled players n00b options to kill newbies who probably have more legitimate skill than us SA users. I noticed this a lot more resently. I don't even know why. But during 1.05 / 1.04 I certainly didn't come across so many cheap lamers. I noticed the skill of the players was real back then and most people played the game the correct way.

The balance is getting worse and worse with each release. No I'm not expecting SA to be removed. but maybe nerfing the shotgun for people who use SA? That would be great and mean they have to work for the kills rather than cheap every single kill they get.

Grenades are a real problem. I think that may be due to the lag. I never had lag or got hit by mile away grenades on 1.04 or 1.05

Makes me wish Terminator Salvation had multiplayer. I'd be more than happy to switch due to this, unfortunately that isn't the case.

Message 11 of 14 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Apr 11, 2010

i hope i like the MP because im not coloured by 1.04

Message 12 of 14 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6586 posts

Apr 11, 2010

Aureilia wrote:

Or you can alternatively just spam grenades. They kill you from like 20 miles away now. At least I'm getting killed by grenades I'm actually nowhere near. I swear I threw one like 3 yards infront of me. I actually ran backwards and I grenaded myself? ... Yeah okay.

Plunder is no longer plunder. It's another team deathmatch mode where most people just go for kills and ignore the mode. Yeah I'll play it properly and have more deaths. Is there any way to stop this? It actually ruins the whole mode. I mean all I can currently do is tell them to go to deathmatch and get owned because they wont be able to do that when theres a sole purpose of firing at each other.

Lol Elimination: This mode is great however situational awareness and shotguns? epic fail and instant death for anyone not using evasion, situational awareness or below level 46. Even I've had to start using it because of these n00bs who can't even play a game without being babysat through it. Yes that makes me a n00b due to the fact that ND saw it fit to give higher skilled players n00b options to kill newbies who probably have more legitimate skill than us SA users. I noticed this a lot more resently. I don't even know why. But during 1.05 / 1.04 I certainly didn't come across so many cheap lamers. I noticed the skill of the players was real back then and most people played the game the correct way.

Rght... grenades were much stronger in 1.05 so I have no idea what you're talking about. 8/10 I can avoid a grenade without death. 

And Plunder and Elimination have always been like that. 

Message 13 of 14 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
360 posts

Apr 11, 2010

Yea, the grenades are messed. I got hit by a grenade that was literally no where near me, there was no explosion and the camera was like, flying all over the map. The FAL has been nerfed it's driving me nuts, but some guy took me out with two bursts today, didn't check if it was a headshot, it must've been. And the shotgun has been a little messy too I think. I've shot a guy 3 times up close and he didn't die.

I had a terrible spawn today too, on one of the UDF DLC maps, I think it was Fort. I spawned and right in front of me, across the map, two guys on the other team spawned at the exact same time. =(

Message 14 of 14 (166 Views)
0 Likes