Nov 02 2009
By: drupac2k8 Treasure Hunter 6129 posts

WOAH- The penalties for leaving a game are idiotic

33 replies 35 views Edited Nov 2, 2009
I'm sitting here watching all the Dtoid Double Downs, and my girlfriends sitting to my right playing Uncharted 2.

So, the cat starts jumping behind the entertainment center, and unplugs the PS3 lol

She boots the PS3 back up, and she gets a message that she'll lose 40,000pts and a rank penalty.
Pretty idiotic, ND. I love you guys, but you need to think this stuff out better.
I'd honestly hate to think of U2 Multiplayer as Halo anyways.
Who cares if someone leaves? Especially if it wasn't their fault!
Random Images
Message 1 of 34 (35 Views)
Survivor
2882 posts

Re: WOAH- The penalties for leaving a game are idiotic

Nov 2, 2009

drupac2k8 wrote:
I'm sitting here watching all the Dtoid Double Downs, and my girlfriends sitting to my right playing Uncharted 2.

So, the cat starts jumping behind the entertainment center, and unplugs the PS3 lol

She boots the PS3 back up, and she gets a message that she'll lose 40,000pts and a rank penalty.
Pretty idiotic, ND. I love you guys, but you need to think this stuff out better.
I'd honestly hate to think of U2 Multiplayer as Halo anyways.
Who cares if someone leaves? Especially if it wasn't their fault!
and how many times has that happened?  yeah..... 

My Plats:

ps3 platinum trophy uncharted drakes fortuneps3 platinum trophy little big planetps3 platinum trophy killzone 2ps3Uncharted 2 PlatModern Warfare 2 Platinum TrophyAssassin's Creed 2Trine
Message 2 of 34 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1947 posts

Nov 2, 2009
Penalties are pretty stupid. But you can thank all the whiners around here who whined until they put it. -_-
=X
Message 3 of 34 (35 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6129 posts

Nov 2, 2009

iLegendaryy wrote:
Penalties are pretty stupid. But you can thank all the whiners around here who whined until they put it. -_-

I was shocked to even see the message, lol
Is that what the update was for?

Random Images
Message 4 of 34 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
247 posts

Nov 2, 2009
So in your point of view, ND should have to spend time debugging or tweaking the gameplay based on, "What if's" ? Not too logical or practical for the general public.
Message 5 of 34 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
767 posts

Nov 2, 2009

ya,ND really needs to take players' pets into consideration when they implement the penalty system.

Message 6 of 34 (35 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Nov 2, 2009
Well, for me i suddenly lost connection to the game, happened 3 times, now i am out 120,000 dollars and 3 rankings. I dont dare play the game anymore.
Message 7 of 34 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6129 posts

Nov 2, 2009

EDO779 wrote:
So in your point of view, ND should have to spend time debugging or tweaking the gameplay based on, "What if's" ? Not too logical or practical for the general public.

Oh God.. it's happened lol

Damn you Halo! Now you've ruined great games like Uncharted with your competitiveness!!!

Ok people, we all know ND made a great multiplayer component, please don't ruin a good thing by taking yourselves seriously.

Lethal_TOY wrote:

ya,ND really needs to take players' pets into consideration when they implement the penalty system.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? What the hell did I miss?

When did this section become over run with competitive jerks?

They should have just stuck with co-op, if this is what is discussed about Uncharted in the future.
Trying to be a smartass because someone posted a funny story.

Stay classy, trolls!

Message Edited by drupac2k8 on 11-01-2009 06:52 PM
Random Images
Message 8 of 34 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2882 posts

Nov 2, 2009
I thought that if you quit once you only got a time penalty?  Honestly, if you guys have quit or lost connection at least 2 times then you should probably give it a break for a a while instead of risking it again
My Plats:

ps3 platinum trophy uncharted drakes fortuneps3 platinum trophy little big planetps3 platinum trophy killzone 2ps3Uncharted 2 PlatModern Warfare 2 Platinum TrophyAssassin's Creed 2Trine
Message 9 of 34 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

Nov 2, 2009
We wouldn't need penalties if people wouldn't quit constantly if things are not going they're way. Its a bad deal sometimes but just deal with it, I'm probably going to be de-leveled when I go back on because I've had to two dropped games and had the PS3 freeze. Thats not typically a problem for me but I believe its from the Halloween patch which should be fixed by tomorrow. Although all this loss of cash is contradictory to the double cash weekend. Uh yeah ND can we have a double cash weekend sometime soon that doesn't suck?
Message 10 of 34 (35 Views)
0 Likes