Hekseville Citizen
407 posts

Re: Uncharted is consistently freezing on my Slim...

Sep 2, 2009

It could be either your save data is corrupt and you need to delete the save. Start all over.. or it could be a defective bluray laser. you should turn it in to the officers lol! 

I'd say replace your slim.  

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - CmegaMighty
Message 51 of 147 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Sep 2, 2009

L1VESTR0NG wrote:

Theres nothing wrong with the slim, it's the game. Apparently if other people are having the same issue.

Lock and load... the Slim haters are zoning in on this thread!

Dude it can be the ps3 slim. Don't you remember the GTAIV lock ups on ps3? I was a victim. take a look here

Message 52 of 147 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Sep 2, 2009
make sure its not scratched and if it isn't make sure your ps3 isn't too hot as it could be overheating

Message 53 of 147 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Sep 2, 2009

hey.. I just got my ps3 a month ago and I beat Uncharted twice on firmware 2.80.  installed 3.00 yesterday morning.(doing a plat run now on the game)  Since installing the firmware  I can't play more than 20-30mins without it locking up,. No other game I own has this problem either; and as the examiner pointed out it isn't just uncharted.

My friend has Bioshock and uncharted and since updating to firmware 3.00 he's had constant lockups in both games.      While in th epast locks ups often were a result of dirty disks etc.. with tons of people coming out having this problem it definately is firmware 3.00.  Uncharted is an older game thus why not many are reporting it.   Just imagine if Madden 10 got fubar'd by firmware 3.00  Smiley Tongue  we'd have hundreds of threads with people going bonkers!

I'm just sorta sad to see something like this miss quality control but i got a feeling it is related to "autosaving".  It seems many of the lockups are occuring at checkpoints/autosave spots

Message 54 of 147 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Sep 2, 2009

I think its the update, i've been having the same trouble after the update, And alot of other people too. Including other games too.

I searched for uncharted 3.0 freezing yesterday, and i did only find one website then. But today i find lots.

Message Edited by Fr0gg0 on 09-02-2009 03:38 AM
Message 55 of 147 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
95 posts

Sep 2, 2009
I have the ps3 slim and the new 3.0 firmware and no problems.
Message 56 of 147 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
984 posts

Sep 2, 2009

Just some (somewhat related) info. It may or may not be useful to this thread.

I only have one game as of yet. It is not on a disc - download.

WipEout HD locked up yesterday on my slim.

I have played the snot out of the game. They game does have a few bugs but only locked up the one time.

In this case I think it was just a fluke of the game - not the slim.

Yes it was AFTER 3.0 but ........... games just lock up sometimes.

I've had GTA games lock up on my PSP.

Computers lock (go stupid) every so often. Gaming devices lock up every so often - software locks up every so often.

Anyone ever push two/three buttons at the same time, while in the heat of game play ....... sure.

Message 57 of 147 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Sep 2, 2009

It seems it is only linked to a few games;   uncharted is the only game out of 12 that I own which locks up after 3.00    rest of the games play perfectly fine and in fact  red faction seems to have improved loading times after 3.00 firmware.  To be honest I think a few games slipped through the cracks cause of how random the lockups occur.   imo we'll either see a 3.01 firmware  or perhaps sony will have the companies patch up the game instead.  I'd vote for a firmware update  because with all the people upset about the new look sony should patch up the system to fix the game locking issues + offer users a way to enable  the old theme or new theme.

edit

doing some research around the internet.  a bunch of sites now are reporting the problem with fat and slim ps3's on 3.00.    n4g, 6axis, gamefaqs, gametrailers, gamegaf  etc   it seems battlefield 1943 can be added to the list now of games that 3.00 screwed up. Multiple people are confirming that 1943 is now extremely crash prone. UFC also is crash prone.   Ontop of that wipeout HD is confirmed that after you firmware update to 3.00 it oddly knocks the game into "trial mode" and you  must re-unlock it and some are reporting that it even locks up as well on them despite being a DL game.     here is one even better.  Reports are also that since updating to 3.00  people who have interactive Blu-Ray movie disks  are now having the movies freeze/lock up  after 3.00.    So whatever sony did.. definately something is wrong with the firmware.  IMO it seems like its almost like PC related.. something is screwed up in how its either reading data or handling it and causing the system to hard lock. (like when you have a PC with a corrupt game file.. whenever it reads that file the system goes 0_o and crashes)

Message Edited by EternalchaosV on 09-02-2009 04:00 AM
Message Edited by EternalchaosV on 09-02-2009 04:03 AM
Message 58 of 147 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Sep 2, 2009
some sort of problems is to be expexted from ps3 slim of this sort, but its nothing wrong with the hardware it will be more of a software issue, expect upcoming firmwares to fix the problems
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5431/23526222.jpg
Message 59 of 147 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 2, 2009

It's the firmware that is faulty.

Worked nice on my friends 80gig, with 2.8 firmware.

But not on mine, 80gig with 3.00 firmware. 

Message 60 of 147 (7 Views)
0 Likes