Sep 01 2009
By: Smugpugpup First Son 25 posts

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune game freezing?

19 replies 934 views Edited Sep 1, 2009
I've only had the game for about a day,and it has frozen up on me twice so far.I'm on chapter 6,and it has froze on both chapter 5&6.Has anybody else had freezing problems with this game? I also downloaded the 3.00 PS3 update before playing.
Raptr Gamercard
Message 1 of 20 (934 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
248 posts

Re: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune game freezing?

Sep 1, 2009

I got it once near the end of the game but it hasn't happened since.  Played after update as well.

Its common for it freeze at least once or so at one part I know of.  I don't think I heard many people claim it keeps doing it a lot. If it does I would say its the disc.

Message 2 of 20 (934 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

Sep 2, 2009

SpiritThief wrote:

I got it once near the end of the game but it hasn't happened since.  Played after update as well.

Its common for it freeze at least once or so at one part I know of.  I don't think I heard many people claim it keeps doing it a lot. If it does I would say its the disc.

i played the game two  times with out any freezing but 3.0 it freezes all the time ... so yea 

Message 3 of 20 (934 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 5, 2009
Yeah, I believe it is just the 3.0 update that is causing Uncharted to freeze alot. I have played it and so far only once at the end of chapter 3.
Message 4 of 20 (934 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28546 posts

Sep 6, 2009
They've already said on the Playstation blog that they know about this issue and are working on it.
Message 5 of 20 (934 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
617 posts

Sep 6, 2009

xXGhostelXx wrote:
Yeah, I believe it is just the 3.0 update that is causing Uncharted to freeze alot. I have played it and so far only once at the end of chapter 3.

It does seem like 3.0 has caused some issues with the game, but interestingly enough I had the exact same freezing problems that everyone is experience now before the update even came out. It seems to me like the problem already existed but was quite rare, and the update simply made it much more common.

iamterrible
Message 6 of 20 (934 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Sep 6, 2009

We have had it from wayyyy before FW update 3.0  Never had a problem with it till the 3.0 update.  So yes, it is the update.  We are also not receiving ANY trophies in the game now.

Message 7 of 20 (934 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 8, 2009
I just got Drake's Fortune like 2 days ago and i updated the firmware right before I played it for the first time and it freezes like everytime at certain points.  This really is frustrating because im not even passed the 3rd chapter and its frozen in 2 different spots over 10 times.  If someone could tell me when the patch is going to come out and fix this problem it would help me alot.  Thanks.
Message 8 of 20 (934 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Sep 8, 2009
I just got the game about a week ago. The first time I played through it did not freeze, but my second time through it froze a couple of times towards the end of the game.
Message 9 of 20 (934 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 10, 2009

my game keeps freezing at the fortress chapter, where you find the parachute then have to zipline, everytime (20+ attempts).

what happens is you climb up the ledge and pull yourself up where a prompt for you to press Triangle appears, everytime i press triangle i get a black screen and my console freezes. has anybody else had this issue and managed to resolve it. i will put a video on youtube shortly to show you exactly what i mean.

Message 10 of 20 (934 Views)
0 Likes