Splicer
71 posts

Re: Uncharted 3 : Ancient Gods

Nov 9, 2009
I would like to see Nate discover Atlantis.
Message 61 of 318 (161 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 9, 2009

1. Atlantis: We'll probably have Nate travel to New England, Spain, the Carribean

2. Africa: I'd like to see this one, probably somewhere in the Congo or in the Gold Coast

3. India: I'd be interested in seeing this one, though it'd be to close to UC2

4. North America: Probably somewhere in the Southwest or in the Woodlands.

Message 62 of 318 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Nov 9, 2009

Suby_Greg wrote:
What about Drake searching for the Garden of Eden?

good idea that would be amazingly fun!!!!

games finished in less than 2 weeks: Uncharted 2:Among Thieves, Call Of Duty:Modern Warfare 2, Soulcaliber IV
Message 63 of 318 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Nov 9, 2009

XRAVE wrote:
many great ideas here thats for sure still i prefer some desert with uncharted graphics - africa is not a bad idea too - atlantis hmm not my cup of tea lol but yes its a possibility.

a dessert wouldn't really work for uncharted because theres so much wide open space when one of the main elements of

uncharted is the cover system although i would like to see some uncharted graphics sand i guess it could be set in egypt if they did like jeep chases over the wide open areas but that would mean the game would be very repetetive and we all know how much

ps gamers hate games being repetetive i think they would do good with sandstorms tho because i remember in jak 3 

the sand graphics were pretty good the reason ND has the best water graphics in the game industry is because 

they have been practicing it since jak and daxter i remember in jak 2 the water graphics were about as good as gta IV 

graphics are now.  ND is amazing when it comes to water!!!!

games finished in less than 2 weeks: Uncharted 2:Among Thieves, Call Of Duty:Modern Warfare 2, Soulcaliber IV
Message 64 of 318 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Nov 9, 2009

JakandDaxterDude wrote:

Anything with sand would be expected, considering ND likes to make the most realistic *something in the 2 games.

*Uncharted: DF = Water

*Uncharted 2: AT = Snow

*Uncharted 3: ?? = Sand 

good thinking

Message 65 of 318 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Nov 12, 2009

Atlantis wouldn't work.  It would be too mythical and may get a little unrealistic.  There are no real worlds to base Atlantis off of and there is nothing know about the place if it did actually exist.  I don't like this thought.

MY story (FTW ).  1) It is based on true stories and history. 2) Takes you to multiple new locations for ND to beautifully recreate.  3) Sucks you in

Drake finds out a new "villain" is about to open the mysterious Hall of Records which lies in a buried tomb underneath the Great Sphinx.  The Hall of Records is said to contain the written records of an ancient civilization that ties multiple known ancient civilizations together (Mayans, Egyptians, and the people of Angkor Wat in Cambodia, among others possibly).  Drake comes across an ancient unknown clue that leads him to believe that "the Hall" also contains an ancient, lost treasure (which is why the villain wants in.  The villain is a would-be Egyptologist acting like he is doing the dig for science, but really wants the treasure).  Drake then decides to secretly enter the tomb (at night: a stealth mission) which is set to be opened the next day, and makes away with the treasure.  He takes his findings back to Cairo before going on his wild goose chase.  What he finds out is that he needs a clue from each of the three named civilizations to find the missing treasure.  The first lies deep in the Great Pyramid.  However, the villain has already realized his findings have been stolen and now sets to find and stop the perpetrator (sp?).  Drake, shockingly, finds out he has to find his first clue in the Great Pyramid.  With a new army to battle, he has to make his way to the pyramid, find a way in, and get to a secret vault hidden deep in the Pyramid.  Sound impossible for Drake to make his way into a giant stone monument?  He has some clues to a secret, accessible entrance in what he finds along side his map from the Hall.

Drakes clue then takes him to Angkor Wat, where he traverses through the temples and hidden ruins of that great city.  The villain has found out about Drake's theft and his whereabouts through a spy that we may be familiar with in Uncharted 1 or 2.  He'll battle it out there before finding his 2nd clue.  This second clue takes him to the Mayan ruins at Chichen Itza in Mexico.  On the spring and fall solstice at Chichen Itza, the snake shadow thing shows late in the afternoon like the snake actually moves.  Drake will have to witness this to get a hint on how to find the third clue at Chichen Itza. 

Once found, he has the exact spot of this great lost treasure....which was hidden away deep in a lost cave of the Grand Canyon long before North America was supposedly known to exist.  Drake, who happens to be from Arizona, has a bit of nostalgia returning home, where he battles his own self mentally wondering if it's all worth it.  Finally, he sets out to find this lost passage in the canyons and comes home with all the glory and triumph of another successful quest.

Naughty Dog would have 4 unique locations to recreate:  Egypt (Desert, Pyramids, Sphinx, city of Cairo), Cambodia (unique Asian ancient ruins, jungle), Chichen Itza (a very different Mexican setting, not desert, not jungle, awesome pyramid and ruins to show), and to top it off, the Grand Canyon ('nuff said).

You can look up any of my historical perspectives and see that they can all be tied together with enough research.  It would make for a beautiful and very different adventure.

Whatcha think?

Photobucket
Message 66 of 318 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Nov 12, 2009
Wow the Grand Canyon, that would be awesome.  They should throw Niagra Falls in there too.  Think of all the historic places...wooo.  Also I think it would be cool if we got some fun skins like Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat/Marvel Characters for multiplayer.

Message 67 of 318 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Nov 13, 2009

LovinUncharted2 wrote:
Wow the Grand Canyon, that would be awesome.  They should throw Niagra Falls in there too.  Think of all the historic places...wooo.  Also I think it would be cool if we got some fun skins like Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat/Marvel Characters for multiplayer.

At least someone like my idea.
Photobucket
Message 68 of 318 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
91 posts

Nov 13, 2009
If Uncharted 3 were to take place in the US, he could search for the lost colony of Roanoke. It was a colony in the US, but everyone mysteriously dissappeared. Only one symbol was left on a tree...
Message 69 of 318 (161 Views)
Last Guardian
12345 posts

Nov 13, 2009

I was thinking more like a...Uncharted 3: Modern Warfare 2.

Photobucket

Message 70 of 318 (161 Views)
0 Likes