Hekseville Citizen
287 posts

Re: Uncharted 3 : Ancient Gods

Jul 18, 2010

I think it should take place in texas when searching for lost treasure left by the pioneers in Trans-Pecos Desert

do a barrel rolllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 311 of 318 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Jul 18, 2010

Uncharted 1 had water and mutants. Uncharted 2 had snow and yetis. If Uncharted 3 was in Egypt, we'd have mummies. If Atlantis, mermaids. If America...serial killers dressed up in bunny suits. Hmmm...I'll go with America.

When in doubt, press the big red button that says "Do not press."

Get your Portable ID!
Message 312 of 318 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
287 posts

Jul 18, 2010

Menessma wrote:

Uncharted 1 had water and mutants. Uncharted 2 had snow and yetis. If Uncharted 3 was in Egypt, we'd have mummies. If Atlantis, mermaids. If America...serial killers dressed up in bunny suits. Hmmm...I'll go with America.

LOL wut

do a barrel rolllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 313 of 318 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Jul 20, 2010

deathinlaw wrote:

Menessma wrote:

LOL wut

You haven't heard the urban legend of the Bunny Man or something like that? He's supposedly an axe murderer in a bunny suit. And since both games have something...supernatural or whatever in them, I thought the Bunny Man should be the non-human enemy in the game. Sorry. I was bored that time. Hahahaha

When in doubt, press the big red button that says "Do not press."

Get your Portable ID!
Message 314 of 318 (231 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jul 20, 2010

Well, considering that Naughty Dog has already did snow and a jungle version of the Uncharted series, I would very much like to see Uncharted 3 take place in Egypt.  Egypt is a very exciting place with many ideas that could be used in it.  Uncharted 3: Ancient Gods is a great name.  They could actually use that name in some of the next Uncharted games, like doing one about Ancient Greece.  But, whatever Naughty Dog does, I'm sure it will be another jaw-dropping game like the previous.  And I'm really excited about the Uncharted 3, considering I've got the first one, and already having the Platinum on the second.

Message 315 of 318 (231 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 27, 2010

i mean its called UNCHARTED right? Why not go to real world locations that have been UNCHARTED, for example the Bermuda Triangle, or even an under water city like Bioshocks rapture would be intresting. To be honest i have so much faith in naughty Dog that even if the next game takes place in "boring" New York City (lol) i would still be standing in line the night of release. Uncharted is the reason i traded in my xbox and my 50,000 gamer score. It's trophy time and no better way than to earn them first with Uncharted:Amng thieves, cant wait for the 3rd installment.....where will the story go from here?

Get your Portable ID!

http://card.mygamercard.net/geothermal/Zewg.png
Message 316 of 318 (231 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 31, 2010

its not cool ITS AWSUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uncharted OWNS all other games and this one will OWN the other Uncharted games.  before uncharted 3 comes out (wat i heard) is the prequel Uncharted: Eye of Indra its supposed to explain how his career began

Message 317 of 318 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3971 posts

Sep 2, 2010

I went through all 32 pages of this thread and I like what I see.

Zewgs wrote:

i mean its called UNCHARTED right? Why not go to real world locations that have been UNCHARTED, for example the Bermuda Triangle, or even an under water city like Bioshocks rapture would be intresting. To be honest i have so much faith in naughty Dog that even if the next game takes place in "boring" New York City (lol) i would still be standing in line the night of release. Uncharted is the reason i traded in my xbox and my 50,000 gamer score. It's trophy time and no better way than to earn them first with Uncharted:Amng thieves, cant wait for the 3rd installment.....where will the story go from here?

For the record, it's called Uncharted because that is the name of Elena's television show. And how is New York City boring? Smiley Surprised

Super_Trooper101 wrote:
Yea Europe would be great, my favorite level was definetly Urban Warfare because i was so drawn to the whole city environment. Perhaps Drake could go to some famous monuments, running through the streets of Paris, climbing Big Ben, having fights on top of those Double Decker buses. I don't want a "National Treasure" to happen where ridiculous and impossible events occur such as there being an underground labryinth rich with treasure under the Mount Rushmore.

I totally agree here. First, Drake's Fortune was mostly restricted to an island in the Pacific; then Among Thieves moved forward and included some other locales and even civilian towns and a mostly deserted city. Now in Uncharted 3, I'd like to get to know the characters even more in urban settings. At the beginning of Among Thieves, we saw Nathan at that little bar on the beach, and then with Flynn and Chloe in Istanbul. Even the addition of the prison was nice. Putting them in these urban settings opens up so many possibilities and will help the series move out of the traditional adventure-flick persona that it got with Drake's Fortune. More importantly though, urban settings remind us that these characters are human beings before they are treasure hunters. At the end of Among Thieves we see Nathan with Elena (Sully is with them also) wondering what will happen next. It's quite obvious that this time they'll be together in the next game, maybe on a vacation in Europe. I'd love if the next Uncharted began in an urban setting and even if it took place in one (or many) urban setting(s). Think of 'The Da Vinci Code' - it had a lot of suspense, puzzles, action, but it took place in an urban setting. I also want the same character development in the next Uncharted. I want to know more about Nate's past, how he met Sully, Elena's show, Chloe's past.

Crashdude55 wrote:

Well, since Nate lives in Florida (check Uncharted: Drake's Trail), it would be nice to explore a bit of his apartment and surrounding locations. Y'know, doing stuff any other human would do. Until of course something comes up and you travel to different locations, etc and then that's when the story really takes off.

I'd also like the game to be a bit longer. (I don't mind waiting longer either.)

This is also what I am talking about; the game should start off more slowly. In Drake's Fortune, it began right in the midst of action; in Among Thieves, it introduced us to a bit more before the action began, but it wasn't a lot. I'd even like to see more exploration. Have you ever been in Sully's Bar in PlayStation Home? That was really cool because you could explore the area and do some mini-games. They should do this with in-game museums, libraries, and Nate's apartment. You could walk around and Nathan could do random actions like he did in the Tibetan village. There could be a computer where you could access e-mails and an archive, maps, charts, treasures - you know, things like in Nathan's diary.

I'm all up for new locations around the globe, but I'd love to see some more exploration and urban areas!

Photobucket
Message 318 of 318 (231 Views)
0 Likes