Nov 10 2009
By: Acantochelys Lombax Warrior 236 posts

Uncharted 2 still going after MW2....

72 replies 63 views Edited Nov 10, 2009

Even though last night there was only around 4,000 people on and this morning 7,000 (Just 2 days ago you could find anywhere between 10,000 - 14,000 players on). I played a lot and came across a lot of really decently skilled and NICE players who all shared something in common... They weren't into CoD and thought the game was a bit too overhyped. With that being said, last night I hardly heard any cursing, nerd rage, 12 year olds making fun of your mother. NOTHING. It seems that all the really competitive, young, and immature people all moved on to MW2.

Even though U2's MP might not be a juggernaught of a game that has hundreds of thousands of players on at all times it makes the overall experience and online community a good one. A small community might not be a bad thing. If we can keep the game to atleast 5,000 - 7,000 people at all times it could very well go on for a long time. If anything, I think ND should come out with DLC ASAP and fix their stats website and maybe even start their own forums so people actually have a reason to visit it and meet up with other U2 junkies. We need to focus on keeping us U2 players together and sharing our opinions with ND to make the online experience a good one.

What's your opinion on a smaller community? Could it be for the better or the worse? 

Message Edited by Acantochelys on 11-10-2009 01:30 PM
Message 1 of 73 (63 Views)
Sackboy
526 posts

Re: Uncharted 2 still going after MW2....

Nov 10, 2009
meh
Message 2 of 73 (63 Views)
Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Nov 10, 2009
If you don't have anything good to say just don't say anything at all... I made this thread for others who enjoy U2 as much as I do.
Message 3 of 73 (63 Views)
Sackboy
474 posts

Nov 10, 2009
I still like U2, we'll see how it's changed once I get off.
Message 4 of 73 (63 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
991 posts

Nov 10, 2009

I don't know, everyone thinks that Uncharted 2 has awesome single player, but people think that MW2 has best multiplayer and I agree with them. I haven't played MW2 yet but I am sure that there game is good. About ND making a new forum and getting out of here...NO. I hated it when Socom: Confrontation, LBP, and MAG all left this place, I was crushed. I think LBP did a good thing by leaving though because they had the game to build for the website. Which means, they have a place where you can create your own level on the computer instead of on the PS3. If this place leaves, it's just another boommark I have to put in.

-DaKillerButCheek

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 73 (63 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Nov 10, 2009

Good point, but remember that not EVERYONE is into FPS games and believe it or not some simply don't see how games like CoD or Madden get so much praise. Those games get a sequel every year and it's clear that it's all for $$$ nothing else. I know U2 hasn't really brought anything new to the table either but atleast the developers took their time in making the game enjoyable from the get go (PS3 users are having problems with invites on MW2 and judging by IW's history with us, I'd bet money that once again we'll get the shorter end of the stick somehow) and also, ND even seem to care about what we have to say (Asking us what playlists we want etc). IW only does that for the other console. And no it's not because they're exclusive to Sony... Criterion, Volition and many other third party devs try to be very close with their fans.

I only suggested ND making their own forums cos I like how KZ2 and Bungie have theirs set up. It's very professional and smooth... would make looking at our stats and meeting other players easier IMO.

Message Edited by Acantochelys on 11-10-2009 02:17 PM
Message Edited by Acantochelys on 11-10-2009 02:18 PM
Message 6 of 73 (63 Views)
Fender Bender
3094 posts

Nov 10, 2009

I haven't been on much today but the few games I played were very pleasant experiences with friendly people on.

I've been playing Modern Warfare 2 single player a fair bit and decided to have a go on the multiplayer (I never actually played MW 1 multiplayer).

I can't exactly say it's grabbed me the way UC2 multiplayer did the first time I played but if it draws away some of the tossers I'll be happy.

Message 7 of 73 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
465 posts

Nov 10, 2009

good to hear you had a good experience with other players last night.  I'll be playing UC2 online for awhile.  I will be enjoying some of the Bad Co. 2 beta but I won't want to wear out before the real thing hits next year.  UC2 is just different - to me it has alot to do with the platforming you can do which just adds a different aspect of climbing that you don't get in the same way in an FPS. 

As for a small community, certainly numbers help to ensure quick match ups, but quality beats quantity usually.

-------

http://mygamepages.com forums and member created pages
Message 8 of 73 (63 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
991 posts

Nov 10, 2009

Acantochelys wrote:

Good point, but remember that not EVERYONE is into FPS games and believe it or not some simply don't see how games like CoD or Madden get so much praise. Those games get a sequel every year and it's clear that it's all for $$$ nothing else. I know U2 hasn't really brought anything new to the table either but atleast the developers took their time in making the game enjoyable from the get go (PS3 users are having problems with invites on MW2 and judging by IW's history with us, I'd bet money that once again we'll get the shorter end of the stick somehow) and also, ND even seem to care about what we have to say (Asking us what playlists we want etc). IW only does that for the other console. And no it's not because they're exclusive to Sony... Criterion, Volition and many other third party devs try to be very close with their fans.

I only suggested ND making their own forums cos I like how KZ2 and Bungie have theirs set up. It's very professional and smooth... would make looking at our stats and meeting other players easier IMO.

Message Edited by Acantochelys on 11-10-2009 02:17 PM
Message Edited by Acantochelys on 11-10-2009 02:18 PM

When you saw "brought anything new to the table" you mean DLC? Uncharted 2 is going to have some DLC with characters(I think), more maps, more game modes, better play, and more weapons(I think). All of this is going to cost some, and some of it will also be free.

-DaKillerButCheek

Message 9 of 73 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Nov 10, 2009
No I meant like, anything new in terms of gameplay or leveling up etc. The ranking system feels very CoD like and the whole cover system makes it feel a bit like Gears.
Message 10 of 73 (63 Views)
0 Likes