Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
4432 posts

Re: Uncharted 2 "martyrdom" perk... :(

Aug 19, 2009

There's always something to complain about.

Mark my word, when the game comes out, these forums will be spammed to death with complaints about every perk and weapon in the game.

I say look at the big picture and enjoy life my friends.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Bengoshi-San
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 40 (23 Views)
Sackboy
472 posts

Aug 19, 2009

Bengoshi-San wrote:

There's always something to complain about.

Mark my word, when the game comes out, these forums will be spammed to death with complaints about every perk and weapon in the game.

I say look at the big picture and enjoy life my friends.

Agreed, +1

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 40 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1434 posts

Aug 19, 2009

Seriously stop complaining about boosters, armchair developers (complainers). Naughty Dog playtests, focustests and has a proven QA team to test and balance everything to be top-notch quality. Its Boosters, not perks, its getting really annoying with these call of duty references of the monopoly. Thats why Activision is taking advantage of consumers who make call of duty references in everything and getting to the point that these consumers have no life, Activision realizes the must need for Modern Warfare and takes advantage of the lifeless crowd.

Stop saying perks and martydom, getting annoying.

Translation for those who arent from the hood of New York City

As an alternative to an adjective to describe a scene of surreal excitement, intense action, unexpected twists, or when something goes down, special terms and phrases are used after "Ooohhh!!!!!!", names of places in New York City especially BROOKLYN!!!!! and places within Brooklyn.
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 40 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Aug 20, 2009

VIP_MVP_18 wrote:

Seriously stop complaining about boosters, armchair developers (complainers). Naughty Dog playtests, focustests and has a proven QA team to test and balance everything to be top-notch quality. Its Boosters, not perks, its getting really annoying with these call of duty references of the monopoly. Thats why Activision is taking advantage of consumers who make call of duty references in everything and getting to the point that these consumers have no life, Activision realizes the must need for Modern Warfare and takes advantage of the lifeless crowd.

Point taken, BUT both perks/boosters work identically and since IW did it (thought of it) first, then of course it's going to be referenced to COD4, it just common sense man! You're blaming the consumers for the common denominator, but it's the devs that make it so! As the old saying goes..."if it looks like dog, acts like a dog & smells like a dog... chances are it is a dog".

Please don't get me wrong, I have all the mad love & respect for ND, they are (IMO) the most talented game devs out there and that's why it disappoints me to see them following/using some of COD4's (last time I'll mention this game) gameplay elements to dumb down the competitive experience.  They are a very creative bunch, I believe they can do a hell of alot better than mimicking that other game! At the end of the day, I/we (complainers as you guys put it) will just have to accept whatever ND decides to implement into THEIR game and that's just the cold hard facts. You others shouldn't take it so personal, it's just a small portion of the community's opinion... that's all. If it annoys you that much, skip the post and move on... that always works for me! 

I'm done with this topic now I've said what I have to say... from here on in, I'll just be repeating myself over & over if I post anything else. I'm just keepin' it real lads... as always Cheers!

Message Edited by cybercam on 08-19-2009 09:17 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 40 (23 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Aug 20, 2009

cybercam wrote:

Revenge4CoDNoobs wrote: 

I figured most gamers know what noob means, but I just wanted to point out that it originaly was not a derogatory term.  People have twisted it into an insult.  As TheRealJawa said sometimes ppl shout it at someone who just owned them as an insult.  Its annoyning, but I'd rather someone shout noob than most of the racist and obscene things ppl shout through the mics.  Actually I'd rather ppl just shut up and play, but that's probably asking too much.

Sorry, I don't know how else to describe someon who uses cheap methods like perks to get kills instead of using skills and strategy.  They are noob and that's the nicest way I can put it.  Once new player learns other more effective and fun methods they will quit being lazy and use skills and strategy instead of depending on perk to get auto-kill just for dieing.

@xTao - its not even been confirmed that you'll have to use revenge to replace the other boosters.  Perhaps ND added a third booster for all the cheap COD perk cloans.  So you could have steady aim AND revenge.  

Well, once you explain it like that, it does make alot of sense. I get where you're coming from and I have to agree with you! Cheers! Oh BTW I gave you the kudos!

Message Edited by cybercam on 08-18-2009 01:21 PM

Thanks.  I don't think I can give kudos.  Probably because I am forum noob.  Or I'm just too dumb to figure out how. 

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 40 (23 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Aug 20, 2009

VIP_MVP_18 wrote:

Yeabut,

perks and martydom perks and martydom perks and martydom perks and martydom perks and martydom perks and martydom perks and martydom perks and martydom perks and martydom perks and martydom perks and martydom perks and martydom perks and martydom

is so...

BROOKLYN!!! BROOKLYN!!! BROOKLYN!!! BROOKLYN!! BROOKLYN!!! BROOKLYN!!! BROOKLYN!!! BROOKLYN!!! BROOKLYN!!! BROOKLYN!!! BROOKLYN!!! BROOKLYN!!! BROOKLYN!!! BROOKLYN!! BROOKLYN!!! BROOKLYN!!! BROOKLYN!!! BROOKLYN!!! BROOKLYN!!! BROOKLYN!!!

BROOKLYN!!! BROOKLYN!!! BROOKLYN!!! BROOKLYN!! BROOKLYN!!! BROOKLYN!!! BROOKLYN!!! BROOKLYN!!! BROOKLYN!!! BROOKLYN!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 40 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1434 posts

Aug 20, 2009

Thats not how you use Brooklyn. You need to mix it up with some Oooowww GOT EM!!! and Thats beef on my block!!!! and Charlay Murphay!!!! with BROOKLYN!!!! Mix shiet up and keep it fresh. And also add some Queens.

You see

Brooklyn is a refernce to crazy action/adventure, excitement, disses, something sexy, and high-end shiet

Queens is something that is lame, not action packed and normal things.

You'll get the hang of it. =)

As an alternative to an adjective to describe a scene of surreal excitement, intense action, unexpected twists, or when something goes down, special terms and phrases are used after "Ooohhh!!!!!!", names of places in New York City especially BROOKLYN!!!!! and places within Brooklyn.
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 40 (23 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Aug 21, 2009

Charlay Murphay!!!!

I'm Rick James!!!! *slap*

That's beef on my block!!!

*Charley Murphy kicks Rick James*..... OOOoooowww GOT EM!!!!!

That's BROOKLYN!!!!

Anybody that doesn't remember that must be from Queens!

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 40 (23 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1434 posts

Aug 21, 2009

Revenge4CoDNoobs wrote:

Charlay Murphay!!!!

I'm Rick James!!!! *slap*

That's beef on my block!!!

*Charley Murphy kicks Rick James*..... OOOoooowww GOT EM!!!!!

That's BROOKLYN!!!!

Anybody that doesn't remember that must be from Queens!

Thats how we do it!!!! Kudos.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 40 (23 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Aug 22, 2009
From what I understand it just unlocks the perk ahead of time so it's not an exclusive thing its just more of a time saver.
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 40 (23 Views)
0 Likes