Splicer
62 posts

Re: Uncharted 2 loading/freezing issues.

Dec 5, 2009
The worst problem I've ever had is my crossair dissappearing. Other than that, I've been fine.
Message 11 of 34 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
415 posts

Dec 5, 2009
It froze on Train Wreck for me today.  Only had frozen once before and that was a blip in single player.  This was disturbing...had to do a hard reset...my poor PS3...Smiley Sad
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - ChokeAhoQuick
Message 12 of 34 (547 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Dec 6, 2009
I have problems with loading....just downloaded the new patch today.....go to load the game and the dagger spins and spins....then the three beeps signalling you have to restart the PS3. I have the 60GB PS3 i still have not got it to start .....any ideas that work?
Message 13 of 34 (547 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 22, 2010

Hi

There might be spoilers.....

Here is what happend to me. I went to almost the end - the road to shambala - and then I make a puzzle and I hit the triangle. It starts like it normally cuts into a small video, but the screen just goes black - nothing happends. Hmm, I turn off the PS3 and starts up again. I try to load the game but it wont - the dagger just spins round and round and after I guess 30 seconds the music starts to play circular (like a broken record). I take out the disk try to clean it and I cant see any scratch or anything - but nothing helps, it does the same over and over again.

So any ideas what I can do? Should I have the changed or what? And I can see some is talking about patches etc. What is that and where to download it (from the store). It really sucks - so close to the end. The game is awesome.

Message 14 of 34 (547 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 22, 2010
I'm having the same problem I'm on my second play through playing on hard and when I get the temple and find out where Shambala is the game will start to act weird and I will go to get out of the underground and it won't let me and it will trap me and if I kill myself the dagger will just keep spinning and if I go to load the game it will just show the spinning dagger and you can hear the music skip like a record if I try and do anything else it will give me the three beeps and restart. It sucks because I can't do anything but play online.
Message 15 of 34 (547 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 22, 2010
But is it something that we just have to accept? Or would it help if you get a new game....then the shop has to give a new game.
Message 16 of 34 (547 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 22, 2010
I hope we don't have to live with the problem because that means I can't go for all the trophies. I hope there is something that can be done.
Message 17 of 34 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
614 posts

Jan 24, 2010
I've cleaned my disk several times no scratches but its stuck on spinning dagger. I'm trying to delete and update now I'll let you guys know if I'm successful.

Freelance Journalist
Partner At EGM, Twitch.tv, Youtube
http://www.antdagamer.com
Message 18 of 34 (547 Views)
Highlighted
Sackboy
614 posts

Jan 24, 2010
worked

Freelance Journalist
Partner At EGM, Twitch.tv, Youtube
http://www.antdagamer.com
Message 19 of 34 (547 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jan 25, 2010

Just wanted to let people know...   I had the same issue.  After the update to 1.03, near the end of the game, the game crashed on me.... Upon restarting, i couldn't load the last saved game, got the spinning dagger (for over an hour).  I thought it might be (for whatever reason) wifi updates are incredibly slow even though online gameplay is not, so amidst updating to 1.03 the other day I cancelled it and ran a 50 ft ethernet cable to my router....  what took almost an hour (to get to 15%) for the update installed all 120+ MiB in just about 2 minutes with 10baseT cable bs wifi on the ps3....

So anyway, I just ran into the same problem where the game hung.  I looked on here, and took your advice.  I removed the game data that (presumably) was there before the 1.03 update (not the SAVE GAME data!) and then hooked up the ethernet cable again, re-downloaded the update (pity that it would have been fine if I had my internet off for the last week) and everything loaded fine.

Anybody else have a problem with system/game updates over wifi?   COD2 is fast on multiplayer with wifi, but updates take FOREVER!!!   

Thanks for all of your suggestions.  I would be ticked if I had to start 5 hours back before finishing Uncharted 2.

Message 20 of 34 (547 Views)