Oct 19 2009
By: DRUNK_CANADIAN Gaming Beast 2487 posts

Uncharted 2 is PRIMARILY SINGLE PLAYER!! REALIZE THIS

40 replies 428 views Edited Oct 19, 2009
The uncharted series has been in its short life always focused on awesome story telling, and the single player action movie experience...what people need to realize is MP is a bonus, it doesn't have to be there and based on the success of Uncharted: Drakes Fortune it doesn't need it (although nobody can deny it has contributed to sales from some individuals)...fact of the matter is Naughty Dog (ND) has the focus on SP and play that up, even in advertising/promoting the game...

I am both confused and saddened by the number of people who don't grasp this concept and feel like they should QQ on the forums because it is SLIGHTLY lacking in features relative to other games which FOCUS on MP (and have stories of like 5 hours, with minimal content)

So in conclusion be happy with what you have...and less QQ and more PEW PEW

(Also nothing against constructive feedback to improve the game but spamming the forums because this game has a different approach to MP than OTHER GAMES doesn't benefit anyone)
----------When gaming is your life, can you restart from the last savepoint?--------PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
DRUNK_CANADIAN
-
Message 1 of 41 (428 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1298 posts

Re: Uncharted 2 is PRIMARILY SINGLE PLAYER!! REALIZE THIS

Oct 19, 2009
I would have gladly paid $60 without the mp element. In fact I havent even played MP since the first beta. I had no problem with it and thought it was very fun, I just wanted the single player more. Plus I just knew it woluld also give people more to complain about, server issues, connection problems, comparing to ther MP games with more features, clan jib jab and all that.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 2 of 41 (428 Views)
Gaming Beast
2487 posts

Oct 19, 2009

BlackValor wrote:
I would have gladly paid $60 without the mp element. In fact I havent even played MP since the first beta. I had no problem with it and thought it was very fun, I just wanted the single player more. Plus I just knew it woluld also give people more to complain about, server issues, connection problems, comparing to ther MP games with more features, clan jib jab and all that.

Thank you it is nice to hear educated responses...what I find most humorous is the BETA was online only and basically covered all the mechanics...and there was an open demo for a week...if people had issues....that was the time to address them with the multiplayer...not now after the game is finalized and released...but yes the game is a single player experience...people can complain all they want but this is ND's focus...and nothing will change that

----------When gaming is your life, can you restart from the last savepoint?--------PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
DRUNK_CANADIAN
-
Message 3 of 41 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Oct 19, 2009
I have only played Story Mode since I bought the game to unlock all the trophies, and even though im lv 15 that was mostly from Co-Op with my friends they love to play with me.
Message 4 of 41 (428 Views)
Gaming Beast
2487 posts

Oct 19, 2009
Indeed Co-Op is amazing...flawlessly executed online
DRUNK_CANADIAN
-
Message 5 of 41 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
422 posts

Oct 19, 2009
Agreed, I will always see MP as an extra. I still think the U2 MP is great, but I bought the game for the story. Great games never need MP, To me MP is only needed to hide the lack of well written story driven games. You look at batman, fallout, mass effect, and bioshock, they didn't need MP. I am not saying I wouldn't of liked it if they did. Call of Duty, Halo, most if not all FPS, as well as a bunch of others need MP because with out it, they are very average games. My opinion
Message 6 of 41 (428 Views)
Splicer
53 posts

Oct 19, 2009
LOL HALO, if HALO didnt have MP then bungie would crash for sure Stocks would go down and ETC... File for Bankruptcy, you know the usual
Message 7 of 41 (428 Views)
Splicer
48 posts

Oct 19, 2009
um the multiplayer is THE BEST on ps3 at the moment, even better than kz2, if they concentrated on SP so much why is the MP so good? seriously this will tide me over until MAG, ND should be proud of themselves.
Message 8 of 41 (428 Views)
Gaming Beast
2487 posts

Oct 19, 2009

KillerRate wrote:
LOL HALO, if HALO didnt have MP then bungie would crash for sure Stocks would go down and ETC... File for Bankruptcy, you know the usual

Lmao...not 2 mention nobody would have any reason for their online service :smileytongue:

DRUNK_CANADIAN
-
Message 9 of 41 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
740 posts

Oct 19, 2009
The only flaw in your logic is that this game has multi player, and ND is looking to expand on just it's single player component. In fact, the multi player wasn't just thrown in. It's obvious that they spent a lot of time adding it into what was previously just a single player game. Games like FEAR 2 had multi player thrown in and felt very much like they didn't put much development into it. This game has a fantastic multi player and the game will succeed much better for it.
Wozamil Trophy Card
Message 10 of 41 (428 Views)
0 Likes