Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Re: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves™ Survival Guide

Dec 17, 2009

Looking to update soon, not sure what to do though really. Hopefully some new DLC out over christmas which introduces something to cover in the guide... either that or I'll start covering individual maps... D:

Message Edited by ChronoJoe on 12-17-2009 01:23 PM
Message 50 of 61 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
259 posts

Dec 17, 2009
Fanastic write up. These are the type of threads that need to be up at the top, not "OMG GRENADEZ R BROKE" or MW2 comparison crap.
Message 51 of 61 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
259 posts

Dec 17, 2009

Perhaps you could add in a section about running and gunning and auto-lock on? A lot of new players don't understand that weapons will lock on automatically when you're close enough and blind firing. It helps to get steel fist kills and shotgunning of course. Even in the situation that you get melee'd first, as long as it didn't stun you, you usually have time to blind fire > melee before they recover.

Blind firing is extremely usefull to someone who just rolled past you at point blank as well. You don't always have time to turn to face them, so just start blind firing and running along side them. The auto aim will stay on them even if your camera isn't facing them, just so long as your character is.

Message 52 of 61 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Dec 17, 2009
Jeez...
Message 53 of 61 (172 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Feb 3, 2010
TY so much!XD
Message 55 of 61 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Feb 3, 2010
its amazing that u have the time to do this but seriously nice job on everything
Message 56 of 61 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Feb 21, 2010

Nevermind. None of this works anymore. Thanks 1.05. 

Well some of it does, but I can't expect people to sift through all the stuff that's invalid (including weapon stats) for the useful information. Man I can't believe a developer would butcher there game like this. I guess ND are new to the online scene... but still you'd think being such they'd play things safe.  

Message 57 of 61 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Feb 27, 2010
One little mistake, though ChronoJoe, when you kick somebody on a ledge you have the complete advantage, if you both press square at the same time then you kick him down. But amazing thread. When you said you got pulled and you kicked it was probably lag. 
MP006's stat card is unavailable because his stats are too good to be put on a normal stat card.
Message 58 of 61 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2208 posts

Feb 27, 2010

ChronoJoe wrote:

Nevermind. None of this works anymore. Thanks 1.05. 

Well some of it does, but I can't expect people to sift through all the stuff that's invalid (including weapon stats) for the useful information. Man I can't believe a developer would butcher there game like this. I guess ND are new to the online scene... but still you'd think being such they'd play things safe.  

Well, Jak X had online, but this is their first Online Shooter, with a much more robust online community.
# 1 Zelda fan.

Message 59 of 61 (172 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 11, 2010

hahaha I swear with every first/third person shooter this complaint of "cheap tactics" continues to reel its ugly head over and over again. "You're cheap if you use rockets! You're cheap if you use martyrdom! You're cheap to drop grenades!" - it's like if anyone does anything to think outside of the box or in a way that someone else may not have thought of they're using "cheap tactics." Listen. When it comes to tactical shooters you are authorized to do whatever it takes to win (so long as it is not a glitch or hack or something that wasn't originally created in the game.) If someone wants to hoard the rockets for an entire match and not let the other team ever get a chance at using them, then that's the other teams fault for allowing this player to reach the rockets in the first place. If "all this player does is snipe" than stop putting yourself in positions that allow him to get the shot on you. If you die from a dropped grenade as your assailant rolls away because you were dumb enough to put yourself in such a close proximity to him knowing that there was a chance that he knew you were coming, then it's your fault if you fail at killing him and putting yourself in such a noob position. Team shooters are about gaining an advantage over your opponent and taking him down for not giving himself some sort of advantage over you. Advantages come in different ways be it high ground, power weapons, stealth tactics, etc. If you deny yourself the use of a certain (legal) tactic that gives you a distinct advantage over your opponent then you are foolish to try and blame the other person for your beliefs and "morality." If you walk up to me with a knife and the intent to kill me and there is a fully-loaded gun sitting right next to me provided to defended myself in a situation such as this why in the h*** would I let you kill me because it wasn't fair that you didn't brought a gun for yourself? Put up or shut up. Don't make excuses because you chose a lesser tactic than that of another. Learn from your mistakes, learn how to counter-act those tactics that have cost you games, and use those newfound tactics to turn the tables on your opponent. Or if you can't find a counter for your opponents play, steal his own and use it against him! Unless your opponent is using a means to win that is not permitted by the company who created the game such as using map glitches, weapon glitches, hacks, etc or acts that would get you banned or repreimanded for using them, then it is a viable tactic to use against your opponenet. Point blank. So enough with the "all they do is double-team," or "snipers are for noobs" or my favorite: "He's a freaking camper" and man the heck up. 4real.

Message 60 of 61 (172 Views)
0 Likes