First Son
19 posts

Re: Unable to create a party for multiplayer

Dec 11, 2009
It would be nice to get some developer feedback on this to at least acknowledge that there is a problem and that they are working to find the solution.  Naughty Dog please help.
Message 11 of 16 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1802 posts

Dec 11, 2009

TheWick wrote:
Like xdgen84 said we can't get it to work.  Is anyone willing to try partying up and trying to invite the two of us to see if that works?

If you haven't gotten anyone to do this yet, send me a PM and/or friend request - I'll give it a try with you.

I'll probably be on tonight, around 9 or 9:30 ET...

Message 12 of 16 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3967 posts

Dec 11, 2009
Find another guy that can act as a host for both of you, and make HIM the leader.  You won't be able to hear one another, but at least you'll be able to play.  As a quick fix, I'd recommend you try bypassing your router, and going PS3 direct to modem.
Message 13 of 16 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Dec 12, 2009

So TheWick and I found a solution for anyone having this same problem. We tried all of the above suggestions but nothing worked. What we did was the following:

1. Change the network settings to manual and input a static IP address for the PS3. 

2. In the router, forward the following ports to your PS3's static IP address:

a. TCP: 80, 443, 5223

b. UDP: 5223, 3478, 3479, 3568

This is the same process used to troubleshoot and change a NAT3 connection to NAT2. However, both of us had NAT2 connections to begin with, so exactly why everything else works perfectly except joining or creating a party, we have no idea. Immediately after we changed the settings from automatic to manual and did the above, we connected first try, could hear each other fine in the headsets, perfect games.

If anyone else has had this issue, try the above solution and hopefully it should work for you. If you need more specific instructions I tracked this page down:

http://www.pregamelobby.com/forum/ps3-ps2-psone-discussions/5618-how-get-type-2-open-nat-your-ps3-pr... 

Message 14 of 16 (48 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Dec 12, 2009

TheWick wrote:
So last night my friend and I tried to play multi-player together but every time we tried to party up we would either be booted immediately or right before the game started.  We tried starting several times, we tried switching who invited who, inviting and then promoting the other member to leader, and even reinstalling the 1.02 update.  NOTHING WORKED.  We also both even have NAT type 2 connections but could never hear each other.  We just couldn't party up.  Is anyone else having this same problem recently?  And if so have you been able to fix it?  Are other games having the same problem?  Is there any fix in sight?

ugh....this happens to me all the time...its really annoying, especially so sense I met a person on here, he is really good....but we can never party together unless Im the host...which I dont like being...so he always gets booted from the matches, or Im forced to be the host.

This also happens alot when my friends invite thier friends that I dont know...if Im party leader they cant join and if someone else is party leader then they still cant join unless I make the guy inviting the one dude party leader then once that happens my friend gets kicked and to try to bring him back they make me party leader and then my friend's friend gets kicked....bleh...just a never ending circle of '**bleep**'

Message 15 of 16 (48 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Re: Unable to create a party for multilayer

Dec 12, 2009
Thanks for posting xdgen84 .... I think it becomes important to disable upnp (or whatever it is called; last setting under network custom settings on the ps3). Bc of the port forwarding this becomes unnecessary. If the port forwarding doesn't work the are a few more ports you might want to try to open Tcp 9293
Udp 9293, 6000 - 7000, 50000, 10070

These ports plus what xdgen84 posted also helped solve the issue plus get remote play over the internet to finally to work and fixed the nat to type 2.... good luck
Message 16 of 16 (48 Views)
0 Likes