Treasure Hunter
6586 posts

Re: U2 players talk to much trash.

Oct 22, 2009

I sometimes talk trash but as a joke. When somebody kills me quite a few times I yell at them and then go 'Good kill mate'. I don't go around insulting everyone but when someone kills me a lot of times and seems to kill no one else it irritates me.

Message 31 of 63 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
310 posts

Oct 22, 2009

William_H_Taft wrote:
I've noticed that people are just way more aggressive in this game. In the lobby everyone always just yells at each other and it's just annoying. People also love to belive that because I shotgun, I am a "f****t who doesn't know how to shoot". It's getting ridiculous. It's actually pretty funny how few people actually say good game anymore. The postgame lobby just turns into people yelling at each other for what "p***y strategies" they used in the game. People just need to grow some maturity.

Ive found that people who rely on the shotgun DO lack gunskill in general. I think that, everytime ive run into a player who uses only the shotgun, cannot kill me with an assault rifle when it comes that time. It really is quite pathetic in the fact that, you spawn with this weapon, and you cant even get a kill with it? The best thing you could do as a shotgun user is to make sure your AR skills are up to par, when someone says you suck, just use the AR. People think im a noob when i use a shotgun/pistole/power weapon, but when i destroy them with an assault rifle they typically shut up.

My NEW MW2 mini movie- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBpI8FKCEaA
Message 32 of 63 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6880 posts

Oct 22, 2009

MarvelAlex wrote:

I sometimes talk trash but as a joke. When somebody kills me quite a few times I yell at them and then go 'Good kill mate'. I don't go around insulting everyone but when someone kills me a lot of times and seems to kill no one else it irritates me.

I talk trash when I kill people and I like when people talk trash to me. It intensifies the game. I don't like the degrading name calling type of trash talk, but the taunting people is not bad in my book. It's all in good fun. When I get killed I don't insult the person. I may tell them I'm gonna be looking for them, but that's it.

As said earlier just mute them if you can't take the heat.

Photobucket
Message 33 of 63 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8703 posts

Oct 22, 2009

I agree. In the beta I joined two games in a row with people laughing about how gay the peoples names in the room were. (Of course, I say gay, but I do mean the other word for gay... You know...)

And then I invited some friends to my party(In the full game BTW, not the beta) and started to play some games with them and after having some really fun games, we lose a game and I say "Good game guys." to the other team. We would have one but some guy decided he was going to try and melee people for the final kill and, well, that didn't work AT ALL. And then they start laughing about how much we suck and one guy started singing in what I assume was Croation.

I've played COD, MAG, Warhawk, KZ2, so far 99% of every game to come out with competitive multiplayer, but Uncharted 2 brings out the highest amount of **bleep** bags I've ever seen in my life. Its freaking crazy here. And I swear to you, I'm not lying, they got so giddy with name-calling that they start signing! What the hell!? I'm not even angry with that its just... Weird.

And the worst part of it all is, I've hardly played with any really young people with mics, and when I did play with them they weren't even half an **bleep** as the other people.

Take back the future
Message 34 of 63 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
615 posts

Oct 22, 2009
haha i just mute them and bam all good.
Sig provided by myu2sig.com !
Message 35 of 63 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Oct 22, 2009

xBigwolfx wrote:
Shinrou i think i played you on train wreck earlier. Was it you who said "wow its finally over" or something in chain reaction?

yup, that's me we were just going back and forth, and both teams were getting annoyed by the gernade throwing

Photobucket
Message 36 of 63 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Oct 22, 2009

xBigwolfx wrote:

William_H_Taft wrote:
I've noticed that people are just way more aggressive in this game. In the lobby everyone always just yells at each other and it's just annoying. People also love to belive that because I shotgun, I am a "f****t who doesn't know how to shoot". It's getting ridiculous. It's actually pretty funny how few people actually say good game anymore. The postgame lobby just turns into people yelling at each other for what "p***y strategies" they used in the game. People just need to grow some maturity.

Ive found that people who rely on the shotgun DO lack gunskill in general. I think that, everytime ive run into a player who uses only the shotgun, cannot kill me with an assault rifle when it comes that time. It really is quite pathetic in the fact that, you spawn with this weapon, and you cant even get a kill with it? The best thing you could do as a shotgun user is to make sure your AR skills are up to par, when someone says you suck, just use the AR. People think im a noob when i use a shotgun/pistole/power weapon, but when i destroy them with an assault rifle they typically shut up.

and this i have to disagree, i used the AK all the time during the beta, but i just got bored of the weapon, so i decided to try out the shotgun. When the shotgun is out of ammo, i'll switch back to AK, i can still go on a pretty good streak with it, but if i died / run out of ammo / got gernade. People will just run past me and say "Can't do **bleep** without that shotgun huh?

Photobucket
Message 37 of 63 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5678 posts

Oct 22, 2009

lol not compare to Socom....

every game u play there will be trahs talking

Message 38 of 63 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
871 posts

Oct 22, 2009

Proof7 wrote:

Every game I've played since I've gotten the game has to have someone on the other team talking trash on you because your to good and you get to many kills. I'm not talking trash like, Haha you suck, it's trash with a passion. They message you and every time you die they start yelling. I've played with this guy who yelled so much his team mate was telling him to calm down, that it was just a game.

I'm wondering if you guys have heard/scene  this happened.

I'll admit I get pissed when I get owned. But in my defense I'm 50 now and slow as hell and I think back to my glory days (1980) when I was actually fairly good at gaming.  So much has changed since then really, and online gaming is both the best and worst experience there is to be had.  It's the best because you get to play against unpredictable human players and when it's an intriguing game of cat and mouse, or especially when a game is being played as it was intended to be played it's great.  It's even better when it is followed by mutual respect and acknowledgement.  This is of course rare.

But the dark underside of online gaming ranges from annoying to outright disturbing.  This is partly a phenomenon of the Internet in general because people feel like they are safe to say whatever vile thought pops into their head without physical retribution.  That is indeed how it really is because most people would NEVER say these things in person because they'd get their asses kicked.  So you get the guys who run their crappy music into their mics or worse yet, sing out loud as they listen to their iPod which is simply annoying.  Why they feel they have to do this sort of stuff is a mystery to me.  At the other end of the spectrum you get people(?) saying vile wretched things, calling you all manner of names and not just because they lose either.  Often, worse is spewed because they are dominating the game and like to rub it in.  It's like these folks are living vicariously through their online skills which is just plain sad to me.  I mean, it's great to have a goal and to be the best at something, but to do so with graciousness used to be part of the equation.  There is a whole slew of people out there that don't seem to get much face to face interaction with real human beings and are truly socially challenged.

In truth, I have been thinking a lot lately that online gaming is becoming almost too weird and disconnected to be fun any more, at least for me.  I do still play, but I don't always like the effect it has on me, nor do I like the way other people act all too often.  I'm not a prude by any stretch -- I spent 21 years in the active duty military -- but I just think that basic manners and civility are important things all too often absent in the online world.  If I could work my will, microphones would be a completely optional thing, meaning you'd have to OK hearing anyone else's mic by default, not by option as it is (sometimes) now.  In Uncharted 2, you can't even mute people once the game has started and I've noticed that people often keep silent in the lobby, only to let the crap fly once the game starts.

Sorry for the rant, but it seemed like the place.

Message 39 of 63 (25 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2085 posts

Oct 22, 2009

Proof7 wrote:
I was just wondering why.. I've played cod4 and I'm 10th prestige so obviously I've played for quite a while and I've got to say that I've never heard anyone say anyone sucks like u2 players do. Socom is the best, everyone says good game at the end of the game so obviously something is going wrong with the u2 players.

What f'n planet are you living on? SOCOM is the worst! SOCOM players will frenzy on you like a school of sharks if you so much as look the wrong way. And talk about lobby trash talk WOW!

Message 40 of 63 (25 Views)
0 Likes