Oct 17 2009
By: GMWarriorX Uncharted Territory 1413 posts

This game is PS3's Gears of War

7 replies 40 views Edited Oct 17, 2009

Literally. It has many of the same gameplay design features as Gears and that's a good thing. But also figuratively this game I think Uncharted 1 was good and this game will truly solidy itself as a core shooter on PS3.

Is kind of funny though how so much of multiplayer is copied off Gears. Though I am going to say this is a good route for games. I would rather see them tweak and improve the styles of other games than just use a generic shooter design and do it amateurly. Naught Dog is a good dog in my book though (they always were after Jak and Daxta the precursor legacy). 

But yeah, so this game shows how PS3 can do games right if they stop making them all with similar game engines, visuals, and designs 

slant six=worthless trash company. Please Sony, make a good SOCOM 4, like a truly next-gen SOCOM 4 with great gameplay, tons of levels, weapons, great graphics, and excellent online setup
Message 1 of 8 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2680 posts

Re: This game is PS3's Gears of War

Oct 17, 2009
Um no.  This game cannot be compared to Gears because it is far superior to it.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 8 (40 Views)
Gaming Beast
2487 posts

Oct 17, 2009

GMWarriorX wrote:

Literally. It has many of the same gameplay design features as Gears and that's a good thing. But also figuratively this game I think Uncharted 1 was good and this game will truly solidy itself as a core shooter on PS3.

Is kind of funny though how so much of multiplayer is copied off Gears. Though I am going to say this is a good route for games. I would rather see them tweak and improve the styles of other games than just use a generic shooter design and do it amateurly. Naught Dog is a good dog in my book though (they always were after Jak and Daxta the precursor legacy). 

But yeah, so this game shows how PS3 can do games right if they stop making them all with similar game engines, visuals, and designs 

Copied no...cover systems have been present for a long time....and the gamemodes for even longer...also this board is specifically for Uncharted related content...and not other dev's ...I own all 3 systems...and this game far surpasses the game u mentioned...at least in my opinion and in features and specs

----------When gaming is your life, can you restart from the last savepoint?--------PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
DRUNK_CANADIAN
-
Message 3 of 8 (40 Views)
Gaming Beast
2487 posts

Oct 17, 2009

GJD21 wrote:
Um no.  This game cannot be compared to Gears because it is far superior to it.

Kudos for you sir!

----------When gaming is your life, can you restart from the last savepoint?--------PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
DRUNK_CANADIAN
-
Message 4 of 8 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Oct 17, 2009
Considering my first game I bought myself was Crash Bandicoot, I've always loved Naughty Dog and they always perform great.

I looked at your sig and realized.........that what you want is not Socom 4 but Uncharted 2 and now you have it Smiley Tongue
Message 5 of 8 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3808 posts

Oct 17, 2009
This thread is going to be locked. Comparisons to other console games aren't allowed.
Photobucket
Message 6 of 8 (40 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
14204 posts

Oct 17, 2009
PLAYSTATION®3 General Forum Rules.

Please be aware that discussions and/or comparisons of other consoles, games, and products other than the PLAYSTATION®3 are not permitted on this forum. Any messages breaking this policy are subject to immediate deletion.
Message 7 of 8 (40 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30083 posts

Oct 17, 2009
Other Platforms
This is first and foremost a PlayStation community. As such, discussions on our gaming forums should be PlayStation-oriented. Topics related to other gaming platforms may be deemed off-topic and removed at our discretion. Furthermore, platform vs. platform threads never end well, often resulting in a flame war. Please refrain from creating such threads on the forums.

Other Platforms
Fastest Grandma In GT
Message 8 of 8 (40 Views)
0 Likes