Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 09/02/2009
Offline
352 posts
 

Re: The Armory: The FAL

Apr 3, 2010

 


tripleWRECK wrote:

"...I already know my favorite, is the FAL. As one of the first weapons you're able to pick up, the FAL is perfectly balanced"

 

Epic quote.

 

It's good to see some footage of UC2 when it was fun. Two hit snipers, FAL ROF, weapon damage, the good old days of skill, fun, and balance.


 

 

Aw yeah. Then ND had to go screw it up...

 

WHY?! The FAL was my fav weapon back then too... ugh...

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - LBPlant
Message 11 of 61 (136 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/03/2009
Offline
3022 posts
 

Re: The Armory: The FAL

Apr 3, 2010

The FAL still has every right to be there. It is still the most overpowered rifle in the game.

sackperson_cool Trophy Card
Message 12 of 61 (136 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/27/2006
Offline
1792 posts
 

Re: The Armory: The FAL

Apr 3, 2010

The Beta was my fav muliplayer game ever... then the full game came out...

Message 13 of 61 (136 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
3247 posts
 

Re: The Armory: The FAL

Apr 3, 2010

 


sackperson_cool wrote:

The FAL still has every right to be there. It is still the most overpowered rifle in the game.


 

 

"Overpowered" is relative. Sure on paper, it's damage suggests it should kill faster than any non-power weapons, but in reality it's another story.

 

Unless your target is standing completely still for two complete bursts, you'll need 3-4 bursts to take an enemy down. This is due to UC2's general lag and the FAL's inability to land a complete burst on a moving target.

 

With that in mind, it's easy to understand why it's the worst weapon in the game and why every other gun that's not a shotgun will destroy it in 1v1.

Message 14 of 61 (136 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 03/15/2006
Offline
316 posts
 

Re: The Armory: The FAL

Apr 3, 2010

vkronosv wrote:

Watching the video I can't understand why Naughty Dog changed the game. It's ridiculous. 


 

I think you have the word ridiculous confused with versatile.  Down The Irons with the AK meant that I could kill somebody across the map with it back in the day.  THAT was an issue that actually needed ND's attention.  To combat the people who would try to take my head off half a mile away from me with a DTI enabled AK47, I used the FAL.  On Plunder matches, this gun meant the difference between a win and a loss sometimes, because that long range shot was great for taking out a guy that was almost to the treasure chest.  Now the rifle is just trash.  First shot is a warning shot.  I've shot people twice with it regardless of the firing rate, and they still lived.  What happened to the two shots and death damage?  They could've easily used the 1.04 FAL in 1.06 today.  Now I hardly ever pick the damn thing up.  It's a liability at short and mid range.





Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - GibbShift
Message 15 of 61 (136 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/03/2009
Offline
3022 posts
 

Re: The Armory: The FAL

Apr 3, 2010

tripleWRECK wrote:

 


sackperson_cool wrote:

The FAL still has every right to be there. It is still the most overpowered rifle in the game.


 

 

"Overpowered" is relative. Sure on paper, it's damage suggests it should kill faster than any non-power weapons, but in reality it's another story.

 

Unless your target is standing completely still for two complete bursts, you'll need 3-4 bursts to take an enemy down. This is due to UC2's general lag and the FAL's inability to land a complete burst on a moving target.

 

With that in mind, it's easy to understand why it's the worst weapon in the game and why every other gun that's not a shotgun will destroy it in 1v1.


 

Lead the target so they walk into the bullets. Problem solved. It used to be I never used because it took nine bullets to kill but I have started using the FAL now and I have to say I'm loving it because of how much faster it beats all the other guns with only six bullets.

sackperson_cool Trophy Card
Message 16 of 61 (136 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/03/2009
Offline
3022 posts
 

Re: The Armory: The FAL

Apr 3, 2010

MarvelAlex wrote:

 


vkronosv wrote:

Watching the video I can't understand why Naughty Dog changed the game. It's ridiculous. 


 

 

Your first post was made of epic truth. I salute you.

 

And while I didn't use the FAL much, I did start to just before 1.05 hit and destroyed the game. I don't know if I would use it again but I would like it back to what it was, 3 burst kill, no lowered rate of fire for those who did use it a lot. 


 

You know it still equates to the same time to kill right? Three shots at regular ROF = two shots at current ROF.

sackperson_cool Trophy Card
Message 17 of 61 (136 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 10/02/2009
Offline
6584 posts
 

Re: The Armory: The FAL

Apr 3, 2010

 


vkronosv wrote:

Watching the video I can't understand why Naughty Dog changed the game. It's ridiculous. 


 

 

Your first post was made of epic truth. I salute you.

 

And while I didn't use the FAL much, I did start to just before 1.05 hit and destroyed the game. I don't know if I would use it again but I would like it back to what it was, 3 burst kill, no lowered rate of fire for those who did use it a lot. 

 

And 96 rounds in a clip? I'm no gun expert but I think he's wrong, a clip is another word for magazine if I'm correct. There's only 32 rounds  so in the clip, you have 3 clips, 32 X 3 = 96. 

Message 18 of 61 (136 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
3247 posts
 

Re: The Armory: The FAL

Apr 3, 2010

 


sackperson_cool wrote:

tripleWRECK wrote:

 


sackperson_cool wrote:

The FAL still has every right to be there. It is still the most overpowered rifle in the game.


 

 

"Overpowered" is relative. Sure on paper, it's damage suggests it should kill faster than any non-power weapons, but in reality it's another story.

 

Unless your target is standing completely still for two complete bursts, you'll need 3-4 bursts to take an enemy down. This is due to UC2's general lag and the FAL's inability to land a complete burst on a moving target.

 

With that in mind, it's easy to understand why it's the worst weapon in the game and why every other gun that's not a shotgun will destroy it in 1v1.


 

Lead the target so they walk into the bullets. Problem solved. It used to be I never used because it took nine bullets to kill but I have started using the FAL now and I have to say I'm loving it because of how much faster it beats all the other guns with only six bullets.


 

 

...um no. As I said before, it's next to impossible to be able to land enough shots on a moving target for 2-burst kill. Congrats that you can kill terrible kids with the FAL, that's always been easy.

 

If two players of equal skill fight each other, one with FAL and one with a different weapon, the latter will ALWAYS win. There's nothing to argue, that's a fact.

Message 19 of 61 (136 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/08/2007
Offline
5678 posts
 

Re: The Armory: The FAL

Apr 3, 2010
miss my FAL...........
Message 20 of 61 (136 Views)
Reply
0 Likes