Jan 28 2010
By: Shadow-Man_4 Treasure Hunter 4910 posts

The 40K penalty is gonna be tweaked! =)

73 replies 76 views Edited Jan 28, 2010

Hi all,

I just was talking to a Naughty Dog Dev, and asked him about the penalty . He said " We're not gonna remove it , it will stay, However , we will tweak the amount of reduction "soon" ( These coming weeks ) . Thought i would bring this bit of new info to the forum guys! =)

And the glitch on plunder where the idol does not respwan will also be adressed.

Message Edited by Shadow-Man_4 on 01-28-2010 01:48 PM

Message 1 of 74 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
516 posts

Re: The 40K penalty is gonna be tweaked! =)

Jan 28, 2010

I hope by tweak they mean increase, because right now 40k isn't stopping people from quitting!

Actually, the money you lose should be proportional to half the money needed for you to get to the next level. That would be awesome.

---

Watch your back...Because that's where I'll spawn. Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 74 (76 Views)
Survivor
2740 posts

Jan 28, 2010

I hope by "tweak" they mean changing it to be a time-based penalty instead of a money one.  Most of the quitters I've seen lately are guys in the 50+ levels who've already bought all there is to buy in the R1 Store and don't give a crap if they drop 40 grand for quitting.  If they wanted to keep quitters out, they'd add a delay to your ability to reconnect if you quit.  Get dumped by accident?  No biggie.  Ten minutes later you're back in the game.  But if you're used to quitting the match because you're losing and want to start a fresh game, you may as well just wait and finish the current one 'cause it's not going to be any faster if you leave.  And I'd also recommend that they make the penalty longer for each successive quit.  If you drop out three times, you can't play for an hour or something.  That'll stop quitters from doing it so cavalierly, and will only be a temporary inconvenience to people who get dumped accidentally.

Message 3 of 74 (76 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5921 posts

Jan 28, 2010

MartialArtFights wrote:
Actually, the money you lose should be proportional to half the money needed for you to get to the next level. That would be awesome.

Not awesome at all. If you're in the 50s and you get a connection problem or even just leave a game on purpose, losing over a million dollars is big-time overkill. Losing something like 100K seems a bit more fair.

Message Edited by pdiss88 on 01-28-2010 01:55 PM
Message 4 of 74 (76 Views)
Gaming Beast
2208 posts

Jan 28, 2010
I hope they don't mess it up to where you can't quit at all. I had to quit today (Note, I was playing with friends) because my sister woke up from her nap, and I have to baby sit her. I hope they keep the first 30 second penalty and maybe after a while you have to pay big.
# 1 Zelda fan.

Message 5 of 74 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2545 posts

Jan 28, 2010

MartialArtFights wrote:

I hope by tweak they mean increase, because right now 40k isn't stopping people from quitting!

That's a terrible idea. The one time I was penalized is when the game froze for everybody while the map was loading, and this happened twice in a row. I don't think I should lose $1,000,000 or whatever it was because I had the misfortune of the game freezing twice.

Message Edited by hao-chi on 01-28-2010 02:05 PM
Message 6 of 74 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
378 posts

Jan 28, 2010

yah, up the penalty AND add a timer! A timer seemed to help in R:FoM. If you quit a few times then you couldnt come back for longer and longer the more you quit. Plus make it like idk, an entire level loss lol. Penalize AFK people on this game too. I have never seen these two things worse then it is on this game.

Increase the reward for winning dramatically, fix a few glitches including corner shooting, take out the bad bad skins that are silent, and make "power" weapon spawns more like the fort and trainwreck. 

Bam, formula for the best mp ever. 

Message 7 of 74 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2208 posts

Jan 28, 2010

Bourne_ wrote:

yah, up the penalty AND add a timer! A timer seemed to help in R:FoM. If you quit a few times then you couldnt come back for longer and longer the more you quit. Plus make it like idk, an entire level loss lol. Penalize AFK people on this game too. I have never seen these two things worse then it is on this game.

Increase the reward for winning dramatically, fix a few glitches including corner shooting, take out the bad bad skins that are silent, and make "power" weapon spawns more like the fort and trainwreck. 

Bam, formula for the best mp ever. 

Thank you for not saying "Noob". I hate that word so much
# 1 Zelda fan.

Message 8 of 74 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
243 posts

Jan 28, 2010
I think they should give you a free quit or whatever you wanna call it.  This way if you have an internet connection problem you dont get punished.  However, if you quit again you lose 100k.  If you quit again you get banned for 48 hours.  You have 3 days until your psn account is reset and you get a free quit again.  So If I use my free quit today, I have 3 days until I can get a free quit again, otherwise I get a penalty of 100k and then get banned.
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - arkangel_mty
Message 9 of 74 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Jan 28, 2010
I'd like to see them remove the loss of money for getting kicked from a game.  I was playing a great game last night and was kicked because a guy ran into a gun fight when I tossed grenades, he of course got killed too and kicked me the 2nd time.  Needless to say I wasn't happy to see the money go buh bye.
Message 10 of 74 (76 Views)
0 Likes