Highlighted
Nov 20 2009
By: AzureFlame_32 Sackboy 620 posts

Start Voting for Uncharted 2! Spikes VGA 2009!

6 replies 80 views Edited Nov 20, 2009

Voting is open for this years VGA awards, so hurry up and vote for uncharted 2! Hopefully it cleans house as far as awards lol

http://www.spike.com/event/vga2009/page/vote/category/34723

Message 1 of 7 (80 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
372 posts

Re: Start Voting for Uncharted 2! Spikes VGA 2009!

Nov 20, 2009
 I couldn't vote for Uncharted as best game.  In fact in most of the categories it didn't get my vote, until graphics.  Here's hoping people see the results they like.
Message 2 of 7 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1576 posts

Nov 21, 2009
Done. Where UC 2 wasn't nominated I selected a PS3 exclusive.
Message 3 of 7 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
290 posts

Nov 21, 2009

Why in the world isn't New Super Mario Brothers Wii on there? I'm happy as heck that Uncharted 2 made it, but is one of the best 2D Mario games not even in the top 5 best games of a pretty mediocre year?

Anyway, I will for sure vote for Uncharted 2. Nothing on that list even comes close to giving it competition. Even if New Super Mario Brothers Wii was on there, I think I still may have to give it to Uncharted 2. The former has local multiplayer, which gives it a big boost, but Uncharted 2 has more longevity, and had an epic as hell adventure. I'm only on World 6 in New Super Mario Brothers Wii, but I have to give it to Uncharted 2 so far.

I must say that Uncharted 2, Resident Evil 5, and New Super Mario Brothers Wii are the three best games this year. Uncharted 2's biggest flaw is the lack of local multiplayer. The other two games I listed featured it. Heck, even Resident Evil 5 had online to go with it, too!

Overall, I don't really like the list of games they listed. I played the demo of Left 4 Dead 2, and the improvements from the first one were so minimal that I cannot even believe it got nominated when there were only five spots open. Left 4 Dead 1 was awesome as heck, but the formula doesn't have as much staying power, in my opinion. I put in a good 20 hours and then was done. Oh, and the amount of content is abysmal, especially for a game in this day and age and at the price it is at.

Message 4 of 7 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
372 posts

Nov 21, 2009

New super mario bros. might have not been there for a few reasons.  Some of which include it's on the red headed stepchild system.  There was basically a previous version of that game, there have been changes, but the worlds and some of the gameplay features are the same from super mario bros. on DS.

Lately also, overall best games have to include some sort of online element.  The less multiplayer online that they include, the harder it is for them to get on the list.

Message 5 of 7 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
290 posts

Nov 21, 2009

JHarlequin wrote:

New super mario bros. might have not been there for a few reasons.  Some of which include it's on the red headed stepchild system.  There was basically a previous version of that game, there have been changes, but the worlds and some of the gameplay features are the same from super mario bros. on DS.

Lately also, overall best games have to include some sort of online element.  The less multiplayer online that they include, the harder it is for them to get on the list.

...I wouldn't say Left 4 Dead 2 or Modern Warfare 2 had much bigger improvements.

Yes, but at least it features local multiplayer. Batman: Arkham Aslyum didn't feature any kind of multiplayer, and it was still nominated. New Super Mario Brothers Wii was lucky enough to have any kind of multiplayer.

Message 6 of 7 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Nov 21, 2009
I voted for Uncharted 2 in every category it was nominated for and I voted for Naughty Dog as best studio and Nolan North as best voice.
Photobucket

Message 7 of 7 (80 Views)
0 Likes