Highlighted
Feb 18 2010
By: sackperson_cool Fender Bender 3022 posts

Someone has failed (and it wasn't ND)

151 replies 306 views Edited Feb 18, 2010
I know there are several threads about this already and I hate spam as much as anyone else but I have to put this out there where it will be seen instead of soon buried. Someone has failed. Simple as that. And it wasn't Naughty Dog. It was us, the fans, of Naughty Dog. Name one other game company that listens to its community so actively? I can think of two: DICE and Zipper. One has been in the business for 20 years and another is a Sony First Party. These companies are the exception and it's because they 1. have a loyal fan base or 2. have money from their parent company. However most companies don't have to do a damn thing about their game. As soon as it sells they can laugh all the way to the bank. They don't need to give us updates, they don't have to give us free DLC, they don't have to provide us with DLC at all. Naughty Dog has done all these things for us so we can have a better game experience and what do us the fans do when they provide what we asked for? We spit in their face and call them idiots. Naughty Dog has done nothing wrong and has listened to its fans more than anyone. Someone has failed and it wasn't Naughty Dog. If you still can't grow a pair and handle you can always stop playing. I for one will keep playing one of my favorites games by one of my favorite developers who actually listens to their community.
Message Edited by sackperson_cool on 02-16-2010 07:46 PM
Message Edited by sackperson_cool on 02-17-2010 11:58 AM
Message Edited by sackperson_cool on 02-17-2010 07:28 PM
sackperson_cool Trophy Card
Message 103 of 152 (306 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
416 posts

Re: Someone has failed (and it wasn't ND)

Feb 17, 2010
i agree with you 100% but some people dont see it that way, just wait a couple of minutes and you will see on the replays

Message Edited by edalad_got_hack on 02-16-2010 07:26 PM

Message 1 of 152 (306 Views)
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Feb 17, 2010
I love Naughty Dog for loving to their fanbase.  The only thing UC2 lacks is a co-op level with those monsters.  Other than that, I'm completely fine with this update.  
Message 2 of 152 (306 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Feb 17, 2010
How do we spit in their face?WE PAY THEM,its their job to make a game right and if it wasnt for us they would be out of buiness.They should cherish us.Are you crazy?Should I thank the cashier for my doritos even when i payed for them?
Message Edited by Lobotimized on 02-16-2010 07:35 PM
Sig provided by myu2sig.com !
Message 3 of 152 (306 Views)
Wastelander
885 posts

Feb 17, 2010
Nice, but I would change your OP to correct it to match your title.  In the second sentence you say "And it was Naughty Dog."
Message 4 of 152 (306 Views)
Fender Bender
3022 posts

Feb 17, 2010

alphadogginny wrote:
Nice, but I would change your OP to correct it to match your title.  In the second sentence you say "And it was Naughty Dog."
Thanks for the point out. It's fixed.

Message 5 of 152 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3022 posts

Feb 17, 2010

Lobotimized wrote:
How do we spit in their face?WE PAY THEM,its their job to make a game right and if it wasnt for us they would be out buiness.They should cherish us.Are you crazy?Should I thank the cashier for my doritos even when i payed for them?
Lobotimized I know you have me as a friend and if you delete me for this I won't care. You have just given the entire community the perfect example of what I'm talking about. They made this game and they don't have to do a single thing about it for us. Yet they listened, they changed the things we asked for, and we insult them for doing the best they can. I'm sorry but this is perfect example of the sad state America is in. We believe as soon as we (by we I mean us gamers and I guess it could extend to other areas as well) buy a game(product) we are entitled to everything the developer(creator) didn't release. We Believe they owe us to make more DLC. This is wrong. As soon as they have their money it's out of there hands. But you know what? Naughty Dog listens. Naughty Dog fixes. Yet we insult them for it. We asked for these changes and they provided. Just look at the COD fanboys. They are still waiting for patches for all the glitches, hacks and unbalance in the game and they still haven't received anything. The game isn't broken, they fixed it to our specifications and I say we should be grateful that they do so.

Message Edited by sackperson_cool on 02-16-2010 07:46 PM
Message Edited by sackperson_cool on 02-16-2010 08:03 PM
Message 6 of 152 (306 Views)
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Feb 17, 2010
good post and i agree. ND rocks and i appreciate that they listen to us. keep the stuff coming and were mostly happy.
Message 7 of 152 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6165 posts

Feb 17, 2010
As a developer, I love ND. However, I respectfully disagree with their decisions on the last update(respectfully!).
----------------------------------------------------
The Many Stages of the PlayStation Forums
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
60GB YLOD: Jan. 07 - Aug. 10
Message 8 of 152 (306 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Feb 17, 2010
Oh, well, if they're listening to their community then I hope they're hearing the ridiculous amounts of negative feedback the update has received. And I hope, as I'm sure you do, that they will take all this into account, as devs that listen to their community, and change the game back to the way it was, lest their reputation for listening to people diminishes.
Message 9 of 152 (306 Views)