Treasure Hunter
6586 posts

Re: Situational Awareness

Apr 18, 2010
I really don't like the idea of not being able to use it in cover. That's the only time when I use it to be on the safe side. Just leave it as it is, I don't get annoyed by it. Yes maybe I'm a little biased as I am currently using it but soon I'll drop it.
Message 41 of 60 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Apr 18, 2010

Eugenides wrote:

Well, even if it did get dropped to the second booster slot, if your entire strategy revolves around lurking in the shadows like a creeper and assassinating the unsuspected, why would you need Fleet Foot? Lmao.

Gone completely is the best option, IMO. :l

Because it's difficult to remain hidden an entire match against good players. So you'll undoubtably get into some head-on firefights, and in a 1v1 a Fleet Foot user will win 9 out of 10 times against someone without FF.

Gone is the best option though.

Message 42 of 60 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6586 posts

Apr 18, 2010
How about keep it. These complaints only emerged fairly recently and they were by people who haven't even touched the booster. I know some of you have but it really isn't game-breaking.
Message 43 of 60 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

Apr 18, 2010

The complaints only became prevalent recently, simply due to how many people use it nowadays. You face off against a party of high ranks, and you can almost guarantee that some, if not all of them, are using it. That gets incredibly irritating after a while.

It wasn't so bad when there was just that one guy during a given match who had it. But now that it's become so commonplace, it seems fair to do something about it.

If DTI was nerf'd due to the increased damage, as a result of the updates, then it would make sense for SA to have the same fate, since it is due to the newly-awful spawns. You could argue that once they're fixed, SA will drop in popularity, but my feeling is that by that time people will be so dependent on it that they'll just keep it up.

Message 44 of 60 (176 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Apr 18, 2010

Of course it's not game breaking, it just doesn't really fit into UC2's gameplay philosophy.

UC'2 spirit if you will, is active, arcade action. A booster that essentially encourages/rewards camping counters that.

It's a short-range visual radar for players, if that doesn't scream "noob" and "no skill" I don't know what does.

Side note: I never used SA before 1.06, I had no idea how powerful and effective it was.

Message 45 of 60 (176 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6586 posts

Apr 18, 2010
Well I'm not a noob and I do have skill (or some) so I don't think that using the booster defines everyone using it. I won't ever rely on it, in Plunder I turn it off as I'm more focused on going for the treasure, therefore have no interest in finding out where people are for kills.

From experience I see more people running around with it, that's what I do. I don't sit in a corner and camp with it, that's cowardly.

I just use it to make things easier for myself which a lot of people will do. There are times when I can't find people and SA rids of that annoyance. I wouldn't care too much if it went but I really think it should stay. I can see ND changing aspects of it but I doubt they would get rid of it.

And I don't want to be mean but it seems like you're trying to get people to play it your way, running around, using cover, people using specific boosters. Forgive me if I'm wrong, that's just what I'm getting off of your posts.
Message 46 of 60 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Apr 18, 2010

they think it's not fair because it ruins the balence of the game and takes away one of the funnest things about multiplayer the chalenge it is to find people

Message 47 of 60 (176 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
352 posts

Apr 18, 2010

It really IS an overpowered booster, i'll tell you why.

Most players rely on stealth. They want to stay hidden and trick the opponent to give him the slip and end up shooting him in the back. Now, because this "Situational Awareness" booster allows you to see through walls and floors, their stealthyness doesnt exist anymore, and now you get a free kill because they have no idea you're there, and you do.

So get this, you can accually hide ontop of buildings and spam the up button so you are aware that someone is near you, and always win a short-mid range gunfight because you see them first and are able to kill them without them knowing you are even near them. Think about how much damage a team could do in a plunder match by just camping ontop of the roof in the santuary. It doesn't matter how stealthy you try to get them, if they keep spamming the up button, they WILL see you and you won't have a chance on killing them unless you somehow get lucky.

So by equipping this "Situational Awareness" booster, you are elliminating the one most valuable tool in the U2 multiplayer... stealth. That's why it's overpowered, that's why people sigh everytime someone is camping on a roof in the sanctuary spamming that up button. You'll always win a fight because you'll see them first, and you'll know their next move.

And the ONLY possible way of making SA useless against you.... is at level 50. Which is a major payne in the ass to get to.

Good day to you sir.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - LBPlant
Message 48 of 60 (176 Views)
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Apr 18, 2010

MarvelAlex wrote:
Well I'm not a noob and I do have skill (or some) so I don't think that using the booster defines everyone using it. I won't ever rely on it, in Plunder I turn it off as I'm more focused on going for the treasure, therefore have no interest in finding out where people are for kills.

From experience I see more people running around with it, that's what I do. I don't sit in a corner and camp with it, that's cowardly.

I just use it to make things easier for myself which a lot of people will do. There are times when I can't find people and SA rids of that annoyance. I wouldn't care too much if it went but I really think it should stay. I can see ND changing aspects of it but I doubt they would get rid of it.

And I don't want to be mean but it seems like you're trying to get people to play it your way, running around, using cover, people using specific boosters. Forgive me if I'm wrong, that's just what I'm getting off of your posts.

You're an exception to the rule. But make no mistake, the vast majority of SA users camp in some form. 

And hell, you can camp all you want, just don't have a booster that rewards you for doing so and makes it easy to rack up kills that way.

Message 49 of 60 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12303 posts

Apr 19, 2010

I see why people who call you a noob for using it but its not a deal breaker for me. It's not going to determine how many kills I'm gonna get. I play with two Badges of Honor on Invalid and Half Loaded to challenge myself and make a lot of money. But people who rely heavily on Situational Awareness it gets them nowhere. I honestly kill people who use it just as easily as anyone else. Just because you know where I am doesn't mean you'll be able to kill me when you see me. Simple as that.

» Follow me @OfficialOc «
Message 50 of 60 (176 Views)
0 Likes