Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
7003 posts

Re: Seriously thinking about trading the first game and giving up on the series

Apr 29, 2009

BlackValor wrote:

DNG-PaasDieJonco wrote:

What's wrong with you people?

Have some trust in NaughtyDog, the 1st game was great wasn't it?!

And I think you know why people feel the first game was great. All I can say is I've never played an online Naughty Dog game to know how they handle an online community and how well they manage servers and bugs. Soooo.....I'll just wait and see. Perhaps I think the concern should really be how well will the multiplayer will really be? If we're talking about experience developers well MGO let me down. Konami had MGO1 under their belt and I thought with one Metal Gear online done, and the fact that Konami can destroy the market with their MGS single player experience, I seriously thought that MGO2 was going to be the best online experience ever after seeing the trailers. But somehow it wasn't. Yet after all the rushing to get in the beta, I played the final MGO once and had a blast with the single player.

Jak X online was very fun while it lasted
Message 41 of 46 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15052 posts

Apr 29, 2009
You can give up on the series, but you'll be severely disappointed when Uncharted 2 comes out and you're the only one that doesn't love the game. The way I see it is every second Naughty Dog game in a series blows the first out of the water. Crash 2 was epicly better than Crash 1 and Jak 2 owned Jak 1.
Tired of run of the mill Sega Forums? Join Sonic Blast with lots of discussion about Sega and Video Games.(Click the pics)

Message 42 of 46 (8 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1039 posts

Apr 29, 2009

camaro126 wrote:
You can give up on the series, but you'll be severely disappointed when Uncharted 2 comes out and you're the only one that doesn't love the game. The way I see it is every second Naughty Dog game in a series blows the first out of the water. Crash 2 was epicly better than Crash 1 and Jak 2 owned Jak 1.

Lol, yea this would also be a great start for Naught Dog to get a good footing in the online world.

Bluelizard-
Message 43 of 46 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
613 posts

Apr 29, 2009

Like the OP, I wasn't too thrilled when I heard about multiplayer added, mostly out of fear like him. I was also afraid that it would take away from the Single Player; as that tends to happen with many games with multiplayer. I was worried that they would put too much focus on that mode that should go to SP. Though I still have a bit of fear, I do feel much better about it knowing that they hired separate people to work on the MP.

Before MP was confirmed, I watched a video interview where they was talking about MP, and one of the (I think) creators was saying that SP is their main focus. ND knows why Uncharted is loved by so many people, and they assured the fans that they will NOT take any of that away at all in the next game. They want to keep what drew people in, and kept people hooked in the next game; but make it even better this time around.

So, even though the idea of MP doesn't sit quite well with me (which has nothing to do with ND or their abilities as developers), I still have faith in them. As long as the SP would be the exact same with, or without MP, then I'm fine with it 100%. I just hope there aren't trophies that can only be achieved in MP. 

Just don't overreact just yet. I am confident that the game will still be amazing to say the least. 

I just have one question for the OP though. Why would you sell Drakes Fortune just because of something in U2 that you don't like? What they do with U2 has absolutely nothing to do with the greatness of U1. It just doesn't make any sense to sell one of the greatest games on the PS3 just because you're not happy with the sequel. 

Message 44 of 46 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1585 posts

Apr 29, 2009

BlayznBoardr wrote:

I just have one question for the OP though. Why would you sell Drakes Fortune just because of something in U2 that you don't like? What they do with U2 has absolutely nothing to do with the greatness of U1. It just doesn't make any sense to sell one of the greatest games on the PS3 just because you're not happy with the sequel. 

Yeah, I didn't get that either...

darkfire101
Message 45 of 46 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6080 posts

Apr 29, 2009
Blayznboardr that's the completist in me. Usually it drives me crazy to not have a whole series. There are very few exceptions to that.
Message 46 of 46 (8 Views)
0 Likes