Treasure Hunter
7003 posts

Re: Seriously thinking about trading the first game and giving up on the series

Apr 28, 2009

Anddo wrote:

You're seriously overreacting. I'm a single player guy my self. But I'm fine with what ND is doing. Have you been reading the PS blog? My fear was that the single player game would be impacted too. But ND responded to those fears. They've expanded the team, and have assured everyone single player is still top priority. It remains to be seen if this will impact the length. I guess we'll have to wait for reviews for that one.

But, what does trading in the first game accomplish anyway?  You'll get pennies for it. I'm assuming you bought the game at launch. If so, ND already made their money from you. It's cool to take a stand and all. But this is really jumping the gun.. This, coming from someone who shares the same fears.. Who wasn't blown away by the trailer. A person who hates online trophies etc... In other words I totally get where you're coming from. But to lose faith in ND before you give this thing a try is a little premature. Trust me, if Uncharted 2 single player is a 4 hour afterthought like CoD4, then I'll hop on that podium right there with you. But until then, take a chill pill. ND has a great track record.

Message Edited by Anddo on 04-27-2009 02:47 PM

I completely agree, there are so many doubters for this game that it makes me sick.
Message 21 of 46 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Apr 28, 2009
It is ridiculous like others said about all the doubters. What makes people think Naughty Dog can't pull it off? The MP videos look fantastic and I know they wouldn't compromise the SP for the multiplayer.
Message 22 of 46 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6938 posts

Apr 28, 2009

YES, LET ME NEVER COME BACK TO A SERIES BECAUSE THEY ADDED AN AMAZING FEATURE!  That makes total sense.

People never left MGS3 because of MGO.....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 23 of 46 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6938 posts

Apr 28, 2009

NeonReaver wrote:

Maverick10 wrote:
So you're saying that every game with MP has a weak storyline? Resistance doesn't. KILLZONE doesn't. Resident Evil 5 doesn't. Metal Gear Solid 4 doesn't. In fact they all have stellar single player campaigns. You just want to whine about something. Shut up and enjoy the Uncharted series.

It's all subjective. I think Resistance 1 has a very mediocre singleplayer and Resistance 2's singleplayer campaign is downright terrible. I've not played Killzone and Metal Gear. What little I've played of RE 5's SP it's not good in my opinion. Anddo perhaps I am overreacting, but I still stand by my actions. I won't exactly trade it in right away. If I can sell it for more I'll do that.

Doletskaya is absolutely right. For any person(s) that they lose they'll gain them back through the multiplayer portion of the game. Although Doletskaya doesn't handle opinion very well.

I really don't know yet. I may just wait for a price drop or buy it used. For the record I do not hate all multiplayer. Naughty Dog can say all they like, but like I said I have zero faith in Naughty Dog and am 100 percent against multiplayer in Uncharted mainly for fears for the singleplayer.

Message Edited by NeonReaver on 04-27-2009 03:24 PM

MGS4 has the best single player out of any game ever released, I'm sure a lot of people would agree...  It had online, it was an added feature.   Was it ruined?  No, it freakin' improved...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 24 of 46 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Apr 28, 2009

P3T372__GRIFFIN wrote:

NeonReaver wrote:

Maverick10 wrote:
So you're saying that every game with MP has a weak storyline? Resistance doesn't. KILLZONE doesn't. Resident Evil 5 doesn't. Metal Gear Solid 4 doesn't. In fact they all have stellar single player campaigns. You just want to whine about something. Shut up and enjoy the Uncharted series.

It's all subjective. I think Resistance 1 has a very mediocre singleplayer and Resistance 2's singleplayer campaign is downright terrible. I've not played Killzone and Metal Gear. What little I've played of RE 5's SP it's not good in my opinion. Anddo perhaps I am overreacting, but I still stand by my actions. I won't exactly trade it in right away. If I can sell it for more I'll do that.

Doletskaya is absolutely right. For any person(s) that they lose they'll gain them back through the multiplayer portion of the game. Although Doletskaya doesn't handle opinion very well.

I really don't know yet. I may just wait for a price drop or buy it used. For the record I do not hate all multiplayer. Naughty Dog can say all they like, but like I said I have zero faith in Naughty Dog and am 100 percent against multiplayer in Uncharted mainly for fears for the singleplayer.

Message Edited by NeonReaver on 04-27-2009 03:24 PM

MGS4 has the best single player out of any game ever released, I'm sure a lot of people would agree...  It had online, it was an added feature.   Was it ruined?  No, it freakin' improved...

People, Evan Wels has stated that Single player came first and multiplayer second. teh singler player will be just as good if not better than the first Uncharted.
Message 25 of 46 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
248 posts

Apr 28, 2009

if there is a single game developer more experienced than naughty dog at making a single player story driven experience, i would like to know who

they made crash- single player

Jak and Daxter- single player

Uncharted- single player

Seriously why would the single player be ruined, the writers did not all get fired, ther making a awsome story and Evan Wells assured us that the single player will still be cared for

besides, naughty dog really had a tough time making Uncharted 1, developing Uncharted 2 is much easier due to the fact they already have characters, a engine, experience with next gen technology and motion capture, they have the resources to pull this off

See you online
Message 26 of 46 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1938 posts

Apr 28, 2009

I just saw the trailer for the multiplayer, and it looks like another MGO....

So, if the SP is how MGS4's SP was, and the MP is the same, then I dont care anymore....BUT ONLY IF THE SP DOESNT TAKE ANY DAMAGE FROM THE SP!!!

Message 27 of 46 (15 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1192 posts

Apr 28, 2009
You're just another lame kid that thinks that just because something has multiplayer it sucks. **bleep** you, just because you just HAVE to be non conforming and hate everything that's popular thinking that it makes you look cool doesn't mean you have to voice it and ruin everyone elses mood, it has multiplayer now and I'm even more excited for it then ever.
Message 28 of 46 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
247 posts

Apr 28, 2009

Dural321 wrote:
You're just another lame kid that thinks that just because something has multiplayer it sucks. **bleep** you, just because you just HAVE to be non conforming and hate everything that's popular thinking that it makes you look cool doesn't mean you have to voice it and ruin everyone elses mood, it has multiplayer now and I'm even more excited for it then ever.

I think the bashing can stop now. This has nothing to do with being a non-conformist or trying to be cool. It has to do with a person's expectations of a particular style of game. Your claim that it ruins everyone's mood is absolutely baseless; as it appears, that the feelings of this information is fairly split three ways. There are those of us, such as myself; waiting off judging it, until we try it first hand. Those like yourself, whom have proclaimed its greatness before seeing any footage of the game play, just because of the mention of multi-player options. Then, there is the third group, who despise the push of multi-player onto a game that started out and focused on a single player story and game play mechanic base. 

Your comment could be taken as the rant of a online playing "kid" ( as you so aptly pinned onto another ). Just because, you and others, who share your view on multi-player, are thrilled with the fact that multi-player modes were added to the game, it doesn't give you the right to chastize others for holding a different view, this also goes for those who chastize those who approve of this addition.

There have been a number of single player games that have been ruined because multi-player wasn't properly thought out and implemented. That is not to say it would happen with this game. Which is why I'm reserving judgement until the game is released. However, these childish attacks from both sides need to stop. 

Message 29 of 46 (15 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1273 posts

Apr 28, 2009

Maverick10 wrote:

Metal Gear Solid 4 was EPIC in singleplayer and solid in Online Play. Lets just see the reviews before we give up on the series shall we? I think they will pull this off nicely.

tineye.com (Reverse image search engine project)
Message 30 of 46 (15 Views)
0 Likes