I Only Post Everything
1069 posts

Re: Seriously thinking about trading the first game and giving up on the series

Apr 27, 2009

Maternator wrote:

I too am dissapointed about online in Uncharted, but it might be interesting with the climbing aspect of it.

If they are still able to make the campaign AS good as in the first (I can't expect better any more) I will still be happy.

It's hilarious that people are disappointed about a game because it has a new feature.

It's like complaining about a cell phone having the features to take photos or browse the internet.

And there's absolutely no proof that MP ruins the SP by any mean.

Instead,I think it's logical to think the SP of Uncharted 2 will be better than the first one especially when NG kept insisting that and the team has grown much bigger as well as since the first Uncharted.

Message 11 of 46 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3152 posts

Apr 27, 2009

Even if he multiplayer doesn't interest you then I can promise the singleplayer will not be compromised. Naughty Dog spent a very long time making tools and the engine for Uncharted 1. They now have all these tools and the engine already to work with. This has freed up alot of time for those who develop such things, and so they can now focus on the multiplayer. Naughty Dog have also expanded hugely to cover the extra workload so there are still as many working on the single player as in Uncharted 1. If you want to know more about how ND work I suggest you watch this *

Next I can also inform you that the single player in Uncharted 2 will be longer than in Uncharted 1 * although this quote may also reference the fact that multiplayer is included.

According to Joystig the "money" system they hope to implement is consistent across the 3 modes and so it would be possible to get the same level playing only SP from how I interperet that. COD5 is a good example of a game where the achievements are based mostly on the Single Player with a few basic trophies for online. I am confident that the unlockables related to those medals will only unlock things in multiplayer eg, not story concept art. This means that any content you miss won't matter to you because you don#t care for multiplayer. The unlcokables will almost certainly be applicable to the mode you unlcoked them for. I strongly recommend that you do not give up on the series, because even if you ignore half the content then the single player will more than justify the $60 you probably payed for the first one.

Message 12 of 46 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10840 posts

Apr 27, 2009

You're seriously overreacting. I'm a single player guy my self. But I'm fine with what ND is doing. Have you been reading the PS blog? My fear was that the single player game would be impacted too. But ND responded to those fears. They've expanded the team, and have assured everyone single player is still top priority. It remains to be seen if this will impact the length. I guess we'll have to wait for reviews for that one.

But, what does trading in the first game accomplish anyway?  You'll get pennies for it. I'm assuming you bought the game at launch. If so, ND already made their money from you. It's cool to take a stand and all. But this is really jumping the gun.. This, coming from someone who shares the same fears.. Who wasn't blown away by the trailer. A person who hates online trophies etc... In other words I totally get where you're coming from. But to lose faith in ND before you give this thing a try is a little premature. Trust me, if Uncharted 2 single player is a 4 hour afterthought like CoD4, then I'll hop on that podium right there with you. But until then, take a chill pill. ND has a great track record.

Message Edited by Anddo on 04-27-2009 02:47 PM

Message 13 of 46 (11 Views)
Fender Bender
4488 posts

Apr 27, 2009

NeonReaver wrote:

I realize that I'm being shallow just like the people that wouldn't buy the first game, because it didn't have multiplayer. I have no faith in Naughty Dog. Now that there is going to be multiplayer I'm sure the singleplayer will be shorter than the first game's because of it. There will probably be online trophies, so even I did get the game I would have to force myself through the online portion if I wanted the trophies. I don't know yet. I really love the first game, but from my experience I'm 100 percent certain that the singleplayer will be ruined, because of not enough attention being payed to it. I'm weighing the options on whether or not I will trade in the first game and not worry about the sequels.

Message Edited by NeonReaver on 04-27-2009 01:54 PM

They have said point blank that the single player will be even more robust than the first game.  Multiplayer will just add more replay value to the game.

Message 14 of 46 (11 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1069 posts

Apr 27, 2009

SPOPS wrote:

NeonReaver wrote:

I realize that I'm being shallow just like the people that wouldn't buy the first game, because it didn't have multiplayer. I have no faith in Naughty Dog. Now that there is going to be multiplayer I'm sure the singleplayer will be shorter than the first game's because of it. There will probably be online trophies, so even I did get the game I would have to force myself through the online portion if I wanted the trophies. I don't know yet. I really love the first game, but from my experience I'm 100 percent certain that the singleplayer will be ruined, because of not enough attention being payed to it. I'm weighing the options on whether or not I will trade in the first game and not worry about the sequels.

Message Edited by NeonReaver on 04-27-2009 01:54 PM

They have said point blank that the single player will be even more robust than the first game.  Multiplayer will just add more replay value to the game.

What they said has no meaning to these whiners.

They will just keep making assumptions that the SP will suck because of the MP.

These childish whiners have no room for acceptance.

Message 15 of 46 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6080 posts

Apr 27, 2009

Maverick10 wrote:
So you're saying that every game with MP has a weak storyline? Resistance doesn't. KILLZONE doesn't. Resident Evil 5 doesn't. Metal Gear Solid 4 doesn't. In fact they all have stellar single player campaigns. You just want to whine about something. Shut up and enjoy the Uncharted series.

It's all subjective. I think Resistance 1 has a very mediocre singleplayer and Resistance 2's singleplayer campaign is downright terrible. I've not played Killzone and Metal Gear. What little I've played of RE 5's SP it's not good in my opinion. Anddo perhaps I am overreacting, but I still stand by my actions. I won't exactly trade it in right away. If I can sell it for more I'll do that.

Doletskaya is absolutely right. For any person(s) that they lose they'll gain them back through the multiplayer portion of the game. Although Doletskaya doesn't handle opinion very well.

I really don't know yet. I may just wait for a price drop or buy it used. For the record I do not hate all multiplayer. Naughty Dog can say all they like, but like I said I have zero faith in Naughty Dog and am 100 percent against multiplayer in Uncharted mainly for fears for the singleplayer.

Message Edited by NeonReaver on 04-27-2009 03:24 PM
Message 16 of 46 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3106 posts

Apr 27, 2009
There is only 8 player multiplayer. The gameplay in the trailer is played out to show the most exciting bits. I don't think it will get that chaotic in the actual matches

Reviews.Trophies

Photobucket

Message 17 of 46 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4719 posts

Apr 27, 2009

Andy-McK-4ever wrote:

Doletskaya wrote:

Bye bye~~~

you won't be missed...

Don't give up on him. He can still be saved
Message Edited by Andy-McK-4ever on 04-27-2009 11:25 AM

Noo Jimmy! Stay away from the light... Clear, bzzzzz  lol

Message 18 of 46 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3139 posts

Apr 27, 2009

Sucks for you.

Your only gonna miss out on GOTY 09.

Later ^^

skv007 Trophy Card
Message 19 of 46 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3371 posts

Apr 27, 2009

Oh come on. I'm sick of seeing posts like this. Just because there's multiplayer doesn't mean the single player campaign will suffer. Naughty Dog is one of the best developers the PS3 has. They have more employees than they've ever had and a game on the PS3 under their belt. At least give the game a chance.

If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
Message 20 of 46 (11 Views)
0 Likes