Nov 16 2009
By: Steven1379 Wastelander 700 posts

PENALTY - All About it (Data Based On Experiment)

22 replies 21 views Edited Nov 16, 2009

The Penalty, what people with bad conection hate.

Here is how the penalty system actually works.

-First Quit - 30 second penalty

(you only experience this if you selected to Leave Game, if your conection fell you won't have it but will still remeber that you have quited once)

-Secong Quit - 90 second penalty + 40,000$ Rank money

(this money will directly affect you rank. If you dont have enough money to stay in the same rank, it will be making you go down as much ranks as required to pay the penalty)

Again if your conection fell you won't get to experience the 90 second penalty but you will recive a messege informing you that you didnt finished the last game hence you will get a 40,000$ penalty.

Many people wondered, what if i dont have any money do i get negative rank money? No, it will remove as much as you have as long as if takes away 40,00$

I myself tested this with a rank 3 account with only 16,700$ it went to rank 1 and 0$

I hope this answers questions.

PS 

too lazy to test if after 3 games the penalty resets. Why play three games with an account i wont even use and am getting penaltys on. Sorry

maybe tomorrow Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by Steven1379 on 11-16-2009 01:48 PM
Message Edited by Steven1379 on 11-16-2009 01:48 PM
Message Edited by Steven1379 on 11-16-2009 01:57 PM
Message Edited by Steven1379 on 11-16-2009 01:57 PM
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Steven1379
Message 5 of 23 (21 Views)
Fender Bender
4016 posts

Re: PENALTY - All About it (Data Based On Experiment)

Nov 16, 2009
I've seen people posting that they lost $40,000 after first disconnect, but I'm pretty sure they just don't remember their first disconnect...
Message 1 of 23 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2545 posts

Nov 16, 2009
I've heard the penalties supposedly reset after three games, did you test to see if this true? The only time I've left a game was due to being disconnected, and I would think after a certain amount of time it should reset.
Message 2 of 23 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
700 posts

Nov 16, 2009

yup they musnt have remember

cuz if my conection falls once i wait an hour and play again 

and if then it starts slowing a little( like when you shoot them more then usual and they did 6 sec later) i try not to do many things at oncee so it doesnt fall again

Message 3 of 23 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1802 posts

Nov 16, 2009
I don't get this - they have to be able to tell if you purposely went into the menu and selected to quit rather than getting kicked because of a connection error. There's no way you should be penalized for a bad connection (or maybe you should... it still has the same effect on the game, and I suppose technically you do control the quality of your connection....).
Message 4 of 23 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4016 posts

Nov 16, 2009

onuosfan wrote:
I don't get this - they have to be able to tell if you purposely went into the menu and selected to quit rather than getting kicked because of a connection error. There's no way you should be penalized for a bad connection (or maybe you should... it still has the same effect on the game, and I suppose technically you do control the quality of your connection....).

There's no way to tell if somebody's connection failed, or if you intentionally unplugged your ethernet cable/reset your router.

Message 6 of 23 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
700 posts

Nov 16, 2009

onuosfan wrote:

well they dont know how to tell unfortunately, i hope they are thinking on a better way to penalize, but w/e

just try not to play when the internet is going haywire

Message 7 of 23 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
21 posts

Nov 16, 2009

Honestly I never understood the penalty system period.   It seems like a juvenile method to punish their customers, or an ego trip to administer authoritarian power over those who chose to support their product.  My game froze and I was given the penalty, never have seen the 30 second one. 

In (approx) 200 matches I played pre-penalty I froze 3 times and had 2 disconnects, plus some weird odd loadings where it didn't put me in the game but loaded and some other minor bugs.  Still 5 unwilling disconnects is $200,000 or about 14% of the ND bucks I had made. 

I stopped playing.  Why put in the time just to feel like I just got a speeding ticket because they pulled over the wrong car.  Shame on them.

The only thing I've ever thought, pre-penalty, that they should do to quitters is to make them sit out of MP until the game they quit finished.  At least it would make sense.

Any way the penalty is a reactive decision which is always a poor method in business.  Now that I know what ND thinks of me, I know what to think of them as well.  Somehow I come out the better since I'll be saving money in the future.  They on the other hand will have a little less.

Message 8 of 23 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
881 posts

Nov 16, 2009

hao-chi wrote:
I've heard the penalties supposedly reset after three games, did you test to see if this true? The only time I've left a game was due to being disconnected, and I would think after a certain amount of time it should reset.
I can confirm this for sure, I was playing a match yesterday and every player froze after they died the first time,
so i had to quit that time, i got the 90 second penalty. I kept playing multiplayer and completed some games, then
some friends invited me to a party while i was in the middle of a match, i quit so i could play with them, received the
90 second penalty but i didn't lost $40k.

Follow me on Twitter @joseph2411
Message 9 of 23 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
700 posts

Nov 16, 2009

FacelessWhisper wrote:

never have seen the 30 second one. 

you have to actually quit a match(Leave Game) to experience it, if your connection fell you won't. that must be it

Message Edited by Steven1379 on 11-16-2009 02:04 PM
Message 10 of 23 (21 Views)
0 Likes