I finally got online in U:AT yesterday and was overwhelmed to say the least. I have a million ?'s and need a good resource to catch up. I don't play shooters, so I have no online references.
If anyone has any advice, I would be grateful for the help. These are examples of issues I have.
- Boosters- how do you get them, what do they do, can you compete without them vs. someone with them, are there booster free games
- Can you select a co-op style you want (i.e. goldrush each time instead of survival)?
Boosters u unlock them by having certain level and having certain amount of cash.
Press R1 to go to the store to check out the boosters and skins.
to equip it you need to go to your profile, press square.
Yes you can select either you want to play gold rush or survival. it depends on who you play with also when you search co-op game you get to vote on which one you guys will play, majority rules.
Well first of all welcome to online UC2 - don't worry it'll just take time to get used to everything.
I suggest reading through the "It sucks to suck" thread. Another user posted a similar request for help and there are a ton of great tips on this thread.
http://mygamepages.com forums and member created pages
You got a mic? Add me if you want and if we're online at the same time we'll team up and we'll see if we can't get you acclimated to the game
Couple of tips...
- Use cover - don't just run around like a chicken with your head cut off strafing away.
- Nades - love 'em or hate 'em, there are in there. Use them.
- Try and fight in the same gerneral area as other players if you get picked off alot. Hopefully you'll get some teamates who will come save you. Not like some tools who are in it for the points and not the teamwork.
- If you are a decent aim - aim for the head, takes down opponent faster.
- Boosters are available in alternating slots every 2 levels. Everytime you get to another even level, go to the store and see what you can get.
Most importantly... have fun. That's what it was meant for.
I have learned one tip that I haven't seen mentioned in any thread. When you die, change the camera to someone else's perspective. This is helpin me acclimate a lot better.
thats a great tip. I always change the camera to several views after I die, just to get a better sense of where everyone is. Those sneaky snakes!
My biggest tip, and one that helped me alot:
Go into custom games, and select the game type as cinema. In this mode there are no bad guys, or players playing you, so you can wander around the maps, learning the ins and outs, the jumps you can make, the jumps you can't, where the good spots are, and where the weapons spawn
The other tip is to watch replays of matches you got wooped in. Watch it from the perspective of the player you were being wooped by the most, so you can pick up tips. Welcome to the game, I hope to see you online some time.