Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Re: NaughtyDog.com: We're listening...

Feb 24, 2010
Man You Guys Are By Far The Best Dev Team Out There. You Listen To Us And try Your Best To Please Us. Lets Hear It FOR NAUGHTY DOG!!!
Photobucket
Message 121 of 147 (103 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1802 posts

Feb 24, 2010

DigitalCBR_600RR wrote:
I just this garbage 1.5 was seperated into a Hardcore playlist like other MP games. I just wish I could play again... It's been 10 days into my retirement due to 1.5 and it really hurts... I miss my friends. I miss the epic true skill moments. I miss being as good as I really am. I miss the memories. 1.5 has caused a massive void inside of me and I hate it. Here's to dreaming that one day things are set right again... Until then I eagerly await when I can return.

And yet, after all of that, you still don't know that it's actually 1.05.

I'd guess 1.5 (if we ever get there) is a loooong way off.

Message 122 of 147 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
672 posts

Feb 24, 2010
But everytime we play you complain about 1.05,call everyone noobs because they use other guns than the AK and complain about how the health system sucks!

Mray901 wrote:

TalonRage wrote:
get rid of 1.05!

No! Get rid of the bad things, not the good things!

Message 123 of 147 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2740 posts

Feb 24, 2010

onuosfan wrote:

DigitalCBR_600RR wrote:
I just this garbage 1.5 was seperated into a Hardcore playlist like other MP games. I just wish I could play again... It's been 10 days into my retirement due to 1.5 and it really hurts... I miss my friends. I miss the epic true skill moments. I miss being as good as I really am. I miss the memories. 1.5 has caused a massive void inside of me and I hate it. Here's to dreaming that one day things are set right again... Until then I eagerly await when I can return.

And yet, after all of that, you still don't know that it's actually 1.05.

I'd guess 1.5 (if we ever get there) is a loooong way off.

Yeah, he lost his high-level accounts and had to start over, has sworn off playing, and claims to hate the update and be really ticked at ND, but he still comes to the forum all the time.  That's dedication. Smiley Happy  I figure if you're so attached to a game that you'll play it for days on end instead of looking for a job or doing something more productive like that, certainly the relatively minor changes in 1.05 wouldn't keep you from logging in at all.  Maybe that's just me.  I don't like the update much either, but I'm still playing...

Message Edited by CaptainGillette on 02-24-2010 02:42 PM
Message 124 of 147 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1802 posts

Feb 24, 2010

x_Graff_x wrote:
But everytime we play you complain about 1.05,call everyone noobs because they use other guns than the AK and complain about how the health system sucks!

Mray901 wrote:

TalonRage wrote:
get rid of 1.05!

I'm guessing those are the "bad things" he's talking about, as opposed to the new medals, AFK system, etc, which he would (presumably) like to keep.

Message 125 of 147 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Feb 24, 2010
Well I'm sure Naughty Dog are upset they can't release a lesser version of Uncharted 2 on other platforms.

They've supported the game for 8 months working on multiplayer (from the beta) and yet some people have **bleep**ed and moaned.

Those xboxers would give anything to have this multiplayer (the best around) on their console and yet all some of you do is slate it.

No wonder Sony can't keep exclusives....lol.....you annoying folk piss the companies off and drive em away! Smiley Surprised
Killzone 2 userbar
Message 126 of 147 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

Feb 24, 2010

Cloudburst-- wrote:
Well I'm sure Naughty Dog are upset they can't release a lesser version of Uncharted 2 on other platforms.

They've supported the game for 8 months working on multiplayer (from the beta) and yet some people have **bleep**ed and moaned.

Those xboxers would give anything to have this multiplayer (the best around) on their console and yet all some of you do is slate it.

No wonder Sony can't keep exclusives....lol.....you annoying folk piss the companies off and drive em away! Smiley Surprised

... This entire reply deserves a collective /facepalm.

Message 127 of 147 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4319 posts

Feb 24, 2010

CaptainGillette wrote:

TalonRage, "not listening" and "not answering" are two separate things.

Going back to 1.04 then tweaking around and making new playlists wouldn't be that effective.  Most of the new patch has been positively received… there are a few weapons and the auto-shoulder thing that people are complaining about, but rolling back everything wouldn't make anyone happy.  Arne has already stated that they opted not to make a new playlist because they felt that it would fragment the matching pool too much and make it harder to find a game. They decided it would be better to make a less drastic system-wide change than tne lowered experimental health, rather than to make an optional powerful change that might split the community.

Software developers rarely give 'time to fix' guesses because they're just that… guesses. Depending on what they decide to do and how hard it is to implement, it could be weeks or months. If they made a guess and then required more time than they expected, there'd just be more crabbing from the users.  ND has made a smart move by staying tight-lipped with details until everything is nailed down.

As for Chloe, in the cast interview videos, Claudia Black mentioned that the script called for someone with an "English or Australian accent", so it sounds like Amy Henig (the writer) didn't have a specific nationality in mind.
Message Edited by CaptainGillette on 02-24-2010 02:01 PM

She's just caucasian I'm sure.  Her model is a little funky is all.  Could be worse though, look at Rika. @_@
----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 128 of 147 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2740 posts

Feb 24, 2010

Vanthem wrote:

CaptainGillette wrote:

As for Chloe, in the cast interview videos, Claudia Black mentioned that the script called for someone with an "English or Australian accent", so it sounds like Amy Henig (the writer) didn't have a specific nationality in mind.

She's just caucasian I'm sure.  Her model is a little funky is all.  Could be worse though, look at Rika. @_@

I figured she was either an Aussie (they often have serious tans, or maybe even some Aboriginal heritage) or an English girl of Middle Eastern or Indian lineage.  I thought the thing she has for lots of beaded necklaces leaned towards down under.  She's hot, either way.

Message 129 of 147 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2208 posts

Feb 24, 2010

onuosfan wrote:

x_Graff_x wrote:

Mray901 wrote:

TalonRage wrote:
get rid of 1.05!

I'm guessing those are the "bad things" he's talking about, as opposed to the new medals, AFK system, etc, which he would (presumably) like to keep.

Right. Shut up strawberry!
# 1 Zelda fan.

Message 130 of 147 (103 Views)
0 Likes