Jun 17 2008
By: gr689 Lombax Warrior 109 posts

Nathan Fillion, the star of Firefly, is Drake!!

9 replies 232 views Edited Jun 17, 2008

I thought that the entire time until I saw the actual guy, playing drake,who doesn't look like nathan drake the character in the game, I guess he is loosly based on him; and they have the same first name. I bet bet bet he was cast from Nathan Fillion, but it probably cost too much to actually get him to play the part.

Sorry if this was mentioned before.

Message 1 of 10 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2153 posts

Re: Nathan Fillion, the star of Firefly, is Drake!!

Jun 17, 2008
It has been mentioned before but it's still true.  Capt. Malcolm Reynolds is Nathan Drake.  I have often wondered if anyone has shown this game to Fillion and what he thinks of it.
"I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I aim with my eye."
"I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I shoot with my mind."
I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart." - The Last Gunslinger
Message 2 of 10 (232 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28829 posts

Jun 18, 2008

Nathan Drake has more in common with Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt than either of those characters. The black hair, hazel eyes, and razor sharp wit all are traits that Pitt has. Cussler always describes Pitt as an "everyman", similar to the way that Nathan Drake is described by Naughty Dog.

I know I sound like a broken record, but read either Inca Gold or Sahara and you'll see.  

Message 3 of 10 (232 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 24, 2010

We want Nathan Fillion to be cast as Nathan Drake! Yes! NATHAN FILLION is the BEST choice to play Nathan Drake! He's got action hero written all over him, with the biceps to prove it. He's extremely handsome, bright, clever, sexy, hot, young and devilishly funny. And he wants this role as much as we want it for him!

It's his turn to be the next powerful leading man on the big screen. We Browncoats and Castillions are determined to get him up where he belongs, and keep him there. He has single-handedly transformed the term "geek" into "sexgod." He's an up-and-coming A-list movie star with muscle and heat and he's a-comin' to take over feature films! I feel it! Grab him while you can for the Uncharted franchise. Because he'll also make the best Indiana Jones when they re-boot those movies!!

In his campaign to be Nathan Drake, we Browncoats and Castillions rise up and firmly support our Captain Nathan Fillion!

Message 4 of 10 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5132 posts

Oct 25, 2010

I Loved Both The Series And Movie Of Firefly

Message 5 of 10 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
676 posts

Oct 26, 2010

i hope this guy doesnt end up playing drake.

Message 6 of 10 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2109 posts

Nov 20, 2010

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Nathan Drake has more in common with Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt than either of those characters. The black hair, hazel eyes, and razor sharp wit all are traits that Pitt has. Cussler always describes Pitt as an "everyman", similar to the way that Nathan Drake is described by Naughty Dog.

I know I sound like a broken record, but read either Inca Gold or Sahara and you'll see.  

Yeah, Dirk Pitt and Nathan Drake do seem to share some things in common (I've read 16 of the Dirk Pitt books to date, including the two you mentioned).  But, I would be VERY ticked off if they used the actor (Matthew McConaughey) who played Dirk Pitt in the movie version of Sahara.

Message 7 of 10 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2204 posts

Nov 29, 2010

don't really care much about who it is.

i just hope this is actually being made and it's good

because 99% of game-based movies i've

watched so far have been...well, without sounding informal,

quite a dissapointment.

Photobucket
Message 8 of 10 (232 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1233 posts

Nov 29, 2010

Supposedly Mark Walburg will play Drake in the movie.  I love Walburg, but he is not the man for the part.  Nathan seems perfect for it however.

Playstation + PC = Smiley Very Happy
Message 9 of 10 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Nov 29, 2010

Captain_Tom wrote:

Supposedly Mark Walburg will play Drake in the movie.  I love Walburg, but he is not the man for the part.  Nathan seems perfect for it however.

I think it's official, judging from the IMDB entry for this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1464335/ 

Which makes it a movie to avoid for me.  I'd rather not taint my fond memories of a beloved game series with Mark Wahlberg playing Nathan Drake.  That guy is just terrible.

Message 10 of 10 (232 Views)
0 Likes