Dec 29 2010
By: Defektedtoy First Son 16 posts

My "You wait here while i find another way around." 2 experience.

75 replies 168 views Edited Dec 29, 2009

After beating the first game and reading all the hype about the sequel, i decided to pick up Uncharted 2... and now i wish i hadn't. After playing non stop for about 10 plus hours or so, i came to the realization that the hype is over exaggerated in my opinion.

I feel like the game is bloated with the same level over and over to inflate a lackluster "cinematic experience" "jumpjumpjumpshootshootshootshootjumpjumpjump YOU STAY HERE WHILE I FIND ANOTHER WAY AROUND jumpjumpjumpshootshootshootshootjumpjumpjump HOSTAGE SITUATION jumpjumpjumpshootshootshootshootjumpjumpjump HOLY CRAP A DOOR! LET ME SHOVE THIS ROCK THE SIZE OF A MINI VAN DOWN SO I CAN CLIMB AROUND THE ENTIRE COMPLEX TO OPEN IT. jumpjumpjumpshootshootshootshootjumpjumpjump"

Not to mention the numerous times i clipped through the scenery only to get stuck, and had to wait till i died or was forced to restart the checkpoint. "You wait here while i find another way around." is said by many of the characters at least 5-6 times. Nathan Drake can move what would be an 800 pound rock solo, but needs a gun to shoot through wooden planks/ice/vines, predictable "plot twists" and the ever present Cliffhanger movie slo-mo-jumping-last-minute-cliff-grab. The enemys can take multiple shots to the face and laugh it off, some can even take 3 RPG's.

Nathan Drake should replace Altair and Prince of Persia as the most agile, nimble, acrobatic man to ever exist. When someone can leap 50 feet to a ledge, hang on by one hand then proceed up 7 stories using only his fingertips, they shouldn't make comments like "Oh my god are you serious?!" when faced with yet another obstacle in the same vein. I am willing to suspend my beliefs for the sake of a video game, but when the same dragging firefight/leaping "puzzle"/witty commentary is being spoon fed to me over and over and over (in the same sequence no less) i notice it more and more and it wears on me.

The game could have been half as long with less filler and been equally impressive. Especially since i played the first game and it seems like a re-hash of the same idea, the same plot twists, the same OMG THE POLE ALMOST BROKE *whew* sequences over and over and over.

I loved the first game. They introduced nothing new besides snow. Same beautiful game, same beautiful characters, same *ahem* plot.

TL;DR version: The best bloated, repetitive, bad guys are bullet sponges, cliche, repetitive, linear, tech demo out on the ps3.

Message Edited by Defektedtoy on 12-29-2009 10:02 AM
Message 1 of 76 (168 Views)
Splicer
49 posts

Re: My "You wait here while i find another way around." 2 experience.

Dec 29, 2009
If you want to go ahead with that attitude, then every game is repetitive. And sequels usually have the same, or similar plot. 
- Az1zam

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Az1zam
Message 2 of 76 (168 Views)
Fender Bender
4016 posts

Dec 29, 2009
Have you tried multiplayer yet?  I've been addicted to it for the past 3 months.  I only played through the single-player campaign once.
Message 3 of 76 (168 Views)
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

Dec 29, 2009

Didn't I see you in the Infinity Ward offices (Call of duty/moderne warfare) offices yesterday? Looked that you worked there...

Has it come sofar for you guys to be frustrated by the success of UC2 that you will try to get them in a negative daylight?

Well this is for you:

Yes, sometimes Drakes has supernatural powers so that he can jump further then you're ass. But It's a game! Hellloo. 

I would even say that Naughtydog did a terrible nice job in making the game so realistic.

Stick to your mama's cooking instead of whining....you are one of the fewthat actually do not like the game.....

Here for you, in order to find back your way:

http://www.infinityward.com/browse_jobposts.php

Message 4 of 76 (168 Views)
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Dec 29, 2009
I don't know what you're talking about. I can jump way farther than that.
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Mrokella
Message 5 of 76 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
885 posts

Dec 29, 2009
In my opinion, your opinion is far wrong.  The plot isn't at all similar to the first one, the locations, the environment, the characters, the story, the main objective.  All are different.  The ending is even completely different.  If it wasn't it would be called Uncharted Drakes Fortune rather than Uncharted 2.  Yes, you do shoot alot of things, but who could have known that that was what you are supposed to do in a shooter game?  As for pushing the rock off the cliff in the first game, considering the game is cinematic, the rock is only made of styrofoam so it isn't 800 lbs.  DUH. lol
Message 6 of 76 (168 Views)
Splicer
72 posts

Dec 29, 2009
your easily dissapointed mate, im betting that happens to you a lot.....IN BED >:U
Message 7 of 76 (168 Views)
Fender Bender
4266 posts

Dec 29, 2009
TELL ME NOW. What game is NOT repetitive? Please, please tell me! TELL ME!

Oh, try multiplayer.
Message Edited by C_Seerden on 12-29-2009 05:20 PM
Message 8 of 76 (168 Views)
Fender Bender
3152 posts

Dec 29, 2009

You played the single player for 10 hours straight. 

No **bleep**, you got burned out, big woop. 

Message 9 of 76 (168 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
920 posts

Dec 29, 2009

That's funny because you would think that someone who played uncharted 2 for 10 hours would atleast

have one trophy for it

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Ennikguy
Times Cheated out of Rampant: 2
Message 10 of 76 (168 Views)