Apr 25 2010
By: KNIGHTMERE Splicer 86 posts

My conversation with a developer.......(long read)

5 replies 177 views Edited Apr 25, 2010

keep in mind these our his personal thoughts and not those that reflect the views of ND

I got on today and played with a friend of mine ive known since the release of the game. He's a super good guy and lets just say he's heavily involved with the game's design....I just wanted to give you a litttle insight on what we talked about..... We discussed everything from skins to 1.07, since he couldnt get to in depth, i just kept my quesitons very broad....Heres a rough approximation of our conversation

ME- What do you think of 1.07, iam not happy with it myself but it seems like they evened things out a bit at least on spawns.....i still wish they would bring the FAL back like 1.04 though?

ND- Basically he said he likes it, but personally he liked the way it was too but they tried to cater it towards everyone.....The COD effect so to speak..... which is kinda why there were so many changes

ME- But the Weakining of the FAL and nerfing of nades and changing of the beat down schematic, makes the game really noob friendly and alot of boosters irrelevant. Thats why i liked 1.04 better was because it had alot of original elements and the FAL felt and handled like the BR

****i happened to be destroying some people in a death match at this time so it really wasnt helping my point lol

ND- he said that a good person could just run with evasion to get around the noobs with S.A. and that were camping....

ME- i can see your point but i still dont agree the change was for the best.....and the number of people online has dropped dramatically since all the changes have begun...granted alot more are on now because of DLC and the spawn fixes but i still feel the competitive players have kinda switched over to something else.

ND-  well we dont really focus on competitive multiplayer games (like halo) we are more toward the demographics that enjoy gaming and do it casually

ME- ( i could see his point because we are talking about the creators of crash bandicoot).. I just feel like this game had tremondous potential to become a PS3 exclusive that could compete with halo on the circuit.

ME- After that convo, i basically said they should add ziplines and some other skins like the yeti LOL, and maybe a pink skeleton for the ladies LOL......

I did my best to represent the pulse of the gamers out there that are passionate about U2.. leave your comments on what you think, like what i should bring up next time i game with him.... ill do what i can to make them heard...

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - KNIGHTMERE
Message 1 of 6 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Re: My conversation with a developer.......(long read)

Apr 26, 2010

Surely there can an easy fix to get the new maps + siege mode to actually show up sometimes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------meh.
Message 2 of 6 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
462 posts

Apr 26, 2010

Right... like that really happened...
Sorry man but I'm having a hard time believing a ND dev will,
A. admiting that he doesn't agree with what they did to the game.
B. refering to any player playing his game as a noob
C. saying that uncharted is catered towards the casual gamer.

no employee in their right mind would ever say any of these things to anyone outside the company.

I'm really having a hard time believing this considering you haven't given us any detail about this misterious ND "employee".
not his name, not a PSN, not even a job title.
anyone can say thye've had a chat with a dev, especialy when they write their answers in their own words, esentialy editorializing them.

and as a side note, what is it that actualy makes 1.07 more noob friendly? the fact that the FAL and greandes are weeker or the fact that all the other weapons are stronger?

Message 3 of 6 (177 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
365 posts

Apr 26, 2010
the PULSE of the gamers is NOT to return FAL to 1.04, the PULSE of the gamers is NOT to make it hard for noobs to enjoy playing the game..

the PULSE of the gamers will not be satisfied because not a high enough percentage gets on the forums
"Life is like a vending machine, what you put into it will determine what you get out of it" -Jed Anderson

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - yourworldonfire
Message 4 of 6 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
86 posts

Apr 26, 2010

Well....for one, iam not going to release the developers name because ....

A. He is my friend

B. everyone will blast him for friend requests and he will probably get mad hate mail, etc

C. i personally dont care if you believe me or not

and FYI if you read it said it was his personal opinion and not the views of ND.....and he's a character designer(skins)

and IMO the game was much more balanced in 1.04, iam not a big fan of the AK the way it is

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - KNIGHTMERE
Message 5 of 6 (177 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1313 posts

Apr 27, 2010

Jedoman wrote:
the PULSE of the gamers is NOT to return FAL to 1.04, the PULSE of the gamers is NOT to make it hard for noobs to enjoy playing the game..

the PULSE of the gamers will not be satisfied because not a high enough percentage gets on the forums

Facepalm, why don't you check the new forums. So you encourage camping, SA and glitching?

Message 6 of 6 (177 Views)
0 Likes