Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Dec 01 2009
By: GUNSOFDAPATRIOTS Sackboy 510 posts
Offline

Lag Compensation: Biggest BS in this game

26 replies 90 views Edited Dec 1, 2009

Lag compensation.

 

You know those times when you are behind cover and still for some reason get killed.... thats lag compensation. 

 

Those times you run around a building and seemingly get hit from an impossible angle... thats lag compensation. 

 

This is the most endlessly frustrating thing in the game (along with grenades being thrown in .0001 seconds, and being melee'd from 10 yards away). It's little stuff like this that turned off alot of casual players because stuff like this is obvious BS and gets players upset. 

 

 

 

Naughty Dog...Dear Naughty Dog. We love you. But please fix this crap for the next game you make. 

Message 1 of 27 (90 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 04/10/2008
Offline
61 posts
 

Re: Lag Compensation: Biggest BS in this game

Dec 1, 2009
I agree with the annoyance of lag problems. I think this is why I am on co-op 95% of the time.
Message 2 of 27 (90 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 07/18/2009
Offline
510 posts
 

Re: Lag Compensation: Biggest BS in this game

Dec 1, 2009

gottherim4 wrote:
I agree with the annoyance of lag problems. I think this is why I am on co-op 95% of the time.

It's NOT lag problems. It's Lag COMPENSATION. They purposely designed the game that way. Killzone2 is like that too. If you notice, alot of times two guys with shotguns in KZ2 will TRADE kills due to lag compensation. 

 

Stupid design choice IMO and the one thing that always p*sses me off about playing U2 online. 

 

 

 

"oh crap im getting shot... I better duck behind cover."

 

*ducks behind cover*

 

"okay good..im safe now...whew! that was close!"

 

*dies*

 

"WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!!!"

Message Edited by GUNSOFDAPATRIOTS on 12-01-2009 05:38 AM
Message 3 of 27 (90 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/14/2009
Offline
3094 posts
 

Re: Lag Compensation: Biggest BS in this game

Dec 1, 2009

I must admit such problems have been getting to me more and more lately.

As the slight boredness of the game has set in I just find myself focusing on all the annoying aspects and dwelling on them through the game.

 

I've basically all but retired from UC2 online now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 27 (90 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/04/2009
Offline
2526 posts
 

Re: Lag Compensation: Biggest BS in this game

Dec 1, 2009

Maybe it's because Halo 2 was my first online game, but Uncharted's problems are very tolerable for me.

 

 

 

That being said, I really hope ND goes with dedicated servers for Uncharted 3.

Message 5 of 27 (90 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 10/03/2009
Offline
699 posts
 

Re: Lag Compensation: Biggest BS in this game

Dec 1, 2009

i also experience that but from another point

i am the one who shoots all the clips at someone i get killed and 4 sec later the guy i emptyed my clips on dies and flies acroos very weirdly

Message Edited by Steven1379 on 12-01-2009 07:04 AM
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Steven1379
Message 6 of 27 (90 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 09/23/2008
Offline
2740 posts
 

Re: Lag Compensation: Biggest BS in this game

Dec 1, 2009
Weird.  I haven't ever experienced any of the issues you guys are talking about.  Perhaps I'm just very lucky!
Message 7 of 27 (90 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/12/2009
Offline
3089 posts
 

Re: Lag Compensation: Biggest BS in this game

Dec 1, 2009

GUNSOFDAPATRIOTS wrote:

gottherim4 wrote:
I agree with the annoyance of lag problems. I think this is why I am on co-op 95% of the time.

It's NOT lag problems. It's Lag COMPENSATION. They purposely designed the game that way. Killzone2 is like that too. If you notice, alot of times two guys with shotguns in KZ2 will TRADE kills due to lag compensation. 

 

Stupid design choice IMO and the one thing that always p*sses me off about playing U2 online. 

 

 

 

"oh crap im getting shot... I better duck behind cover."

 

*ducks behind cover*

 

"okay good..im safe now...whew! that was close!"

 

*dies*

 

"WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!!!"

Message Edited by GUNSOFDAPATRIOTS on 12-01-2009 05:38 AM

So that's the reason why I melee attack a person then he also melee attacked me, we die at the same time.  Thnx I learned something new today

 

Photobucket
Message 8 of 27 (90 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/04/2007
Offline
181 posts
 

Re: Lag Compensation: Biggest BS in this game

Dec 1, 2009

GUNSOFDAPATRIOTS wrote:

Lag compensation.

 

You know those times when you are behind cover and still for some reason get killed.... thats lag compensation. 

 

Those times you run around a building and seemingly get hit from an impossible angle... thats lag compensation. 

 

This is the most endlessly frustrating thing in the game (along with grenades being thrown in .0001 seconds, and being melee'd from 10 yards away). It's little stuff like this that turned off alot of casual players because stuff like this is obvious BS and gets players upset. 

 

 

 

Naughty Dog...Dear Naughty Dog. We love you. But please fix this crap for the next game you make. 


 

It's because ND went the MW2 route and made the multiplayer net code p2p and not dedicated server/client based.

Message Edited by cybercam on 12-01-2009 10:57 AM
Message 9 of 27 (90 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/14/2009
Offline
160 posts
 

Re: Lag Compensation: Biggest BS in this game

Dec 1, 2009

Even with dedicated servers someone usually has a lag advantage.

Double kills in a p2p game don't bug me half as much as allways losing because I have a high ping ,

I don't really like allways winning when I have a low ping, as it's not a fair assesment of skills or tactics.

 

Message 10 of 27 (90 Views)
Reply
0 Likes