Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Re: Is this a new co-op trend??

Mar 27, 2010
Yea i really hate when people do this, not only do this waste my time, but its freaking annoying!!! I don't get why they even do co-op if they do this....
Sig provided by myu2sig.com !
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 21 (43 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Mar 28, 2010

It's only happened to me in co-op once, and it was at the very end of the Nepal level. The dude kept chucking grenades at us, then reviving us. I assumed that he was trying to get the medic medal.

But in co-op arena it happens quite often. I just kill them before they get me at the start of every round so I don't have to deal with it.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 21 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
712 posts

Mar 28, 2010

ballantine3 wrote:

I don't get teamkillers much in co-op, but when I do,  find its either:

1. jerkwads, like you said

or

2. (in most cases) that person didn't want to play that co-op type or map type and would grenade his whole team rather than risk loosing 40k by quitting. Which is just bad manners imo. This tends to happen more on co-op objective, where the person didn't want to play a particular difficulty.

I think its especially the second case. A lot of times, people quit in the lobby when both map choices are gold rush.

HEEEELLLLOOO, ITS CALLED CO-OPERATIVE FO R A REASON!"

However, It does get annoying when people just go around killing while you're left on your own to deliver the treasure. I do all the work, they get all the points. Why can't some people just play for fun. It's always a competition to see who can make it to 150k points first. And its always a competition to see who can kill the choker choking your teammate and get the medal + 3k points. And its always annoying when people don't take cover in a proper defensive stronghol after round 3. Instead they go play hopscotch in the middle of the map and then I have to come save them.

Sig provided by myu2sig.com !
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 21 (43 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1312 posts

Mar 28, 2010

TERROR-HORROR wrote:

I played a game of co-op today against random people, which I rarely ever really do.  But I was bored and none of my friends were on, so I gave it a go.

As soon as the first game started, one guy started lobbing grenades us for no reason and killed us both.  He did this until the entire game was over and we were out in the lobby.  No big deal.  So, I found some other players and got into another game.  However, another guy started doing the same thing!  What's the big idea?  I, then, left that game and joined another and this time it was me and one other person.  We got to round 2 on Survival and he starts shooting at me and blowing me up!

Is this a new trend or something?  Am I even playing co-op or did I get lucky and score some jerkwads in threes?  Last I checked, I was only playing co-op, not talking and just playing like normal...

Only jackasses or people who suck do that cause they have no points, and then they end up losing.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 21 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
304 posts

Mar 28, 2010

I know the feeling. I play co-op from time to time and it is pretty fun overall, but sometimes you run into people who don't care. And to someone who said about higher levels not saving them, that depends on the situation. I am a Level 52 and I try to save people as much as possible. But if I get someone who wants to go all Rambo, then I can't save them on the higher levels or we all get downed. But I try to save people wherever possible. Though I understand your pain. I just wish there were more people out there who cared about the value of teamwork! You stay together as a team in both Gold Rush and Survival. That is how you win. You put points on the backburner and watch your teammates.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 21 (43 Views)
First Son
26 posts

Mar 29, 2010

Played some this weekend again.   

One game there was this anoying id%@t who found it funny in The Village to not go to his checkpoint. Instead trying to shoot us (which does not work on easy level, not my choice btw) or grenade us.... unfortunately the two others kept running around so I could not kill us three with one grenade to stop the game.   after more then ten minutes of this behaviour I finally decided to step out of the game as it was a complete waste of time like this.  

Strange enough it was not even going too bad before he started doing this and from a level 45 I would expect a bit more normal behaviour....guess I was wrong....

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Ritchie_
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 21 (43 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Apr 7, 2010

Stealthborn wrote:

I know the feeling. I play co-op from time to time and it is pretty fun overall, but sometimes you run into people who don't care. And to someone who said about higher levels not saving them, that depends on the situation. I am a Level 52 and I try to save people as much as possible. But if I get someone who wants to go all Rambo, then I can't save them on the higher levels or we all get downed. But I try to save people wherever possible. Though I understand your pain. I just wish there were more people out there who cared about the value of teamwork! You stay together as a team in both Gold Rush and Survival. That is how you win. You put points on the backburner and watch your teammates.

What's sad is higher levels are usually the ones trying to kill me.  But, I've noticed that the higher levels that actually talk are the ones who are willing to risk their skin to save you in dire circumstances whereas the ones who don't talk are the ones trying to kill you.  I usually take that into consideration when going into a co-op game.  It hasn't discouraged me from playing co-op, I'm just a little more cautious now.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 21 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3748 posts

Apr 7, 2010

I will save a lower level, if I can.  But on higher difficulties, it's not that easy, and often the best thing to do is simply stay back, and wait for the other guy to re-spawn.  Especially if he was running around like crazy, instead of staying in cover.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 21 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6584 posts

Apr 7, 2010
Some of the time it's better to not save them. Like if they're surrounded by 10 GAU guys pumping you full of lead. People really need to learn when and when not to save a teammate as often it will lead to death if surrounded by enemies.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 21 (43 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1312 posts

Apr 7, 2010

MarvelAlex wrote:
Some of the time it's better to not save them. Like if they're surrounded by 10 GAU guys pumping you full of lead. People really need to learn when and when not to save a teammate as often it will lead to death if surrounded by enemies.

sometime you just don't know if they're safe

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 21 (43 Views)
0 Likes