Mar 26 2010
By: TERROR-HORROR First Son 27 posts

Is this a new co-op trend??

20 replies 146 views Edited Mar 26, 2010

I played a game of co-op today against random people, which I rarely ever really do.  But I was bored and none of my friends were on, so I gave it a go.

As soon as the first game started, one guy started lobbing grenades us for no reason and killed us both.  He did this until the entire game was over and we were out in the lobby.  No big deal.  So, I found some other players and got into another game.  However, another guy started doing the same thing!  What's the big idea?  I, then, left that game and joined another and this time it was me and one other person.  We got to round 2 on Survival and he starts shooting at me and blowing me up!

Is this a new trend or something?  Am I even playing co-op or did I get lucky and score some jerkwads in threes?  Last I checked, I was only playing co-op, not talking and just playing like normal...

Message 1 of 21 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
608 posts

Re: Is this a new co-op trend??

Mar 26, 2010

I don't get teamkillers much in co-op, but when I do,  find its either:

1. jerkwads, like you said

or

2. (in most cases) that person didn't want to play that co-op type or map type and would grenade his whole team rather than risk loosing 40k by quitting. Which is just bad manners imo. This tends to happen more on co-op objective, where the person didn't want to play a particular difficulty.

Sig provided by myu2sig.com !
Message 2 of 21 (146 Views)
First Son
27 posts

Mar 26, 2010

ballantine3 wrote:

I don't get teamkillers much in co-op, but when I do,  find its either:

1. jerkwads, like you said

or

2. (in most cases) that person didn't want to play that co-op type or map type and would grenade his whole team rather than risk loosing 40k by quitting. Which is just bad manners imo. This tends to happen more on co-op objective, where the person didn't want to play a particular difficulty.

So, one person is willing to ruin other people's fun?

Here's what baffles me:  If it's an issue with map and game type, then he shouldn't have checked the map he wanted (two of those three games I played were just me and one other person).  It just doesn't make sense to me.  For a moment, I thought I had stumbled onto a new type of co-op or something.

Message 3 of 21 (146 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1300 posts

Mar 26, 2010

Yea, I haven't seen much of that myself.

Closest thing I've seen is high-levels "conveniently not reviving you + saving you" while only a few yards from you so they can kill all the guys by themselves.  It pisses me off.  I'm a big supporter of making saving your friends an absolute priority - even if it means partially jeapordizing the mission.  Else it just seems like single-player.

Message 4 of 21 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Mar 26, 2010

I haven't seen much with the co-op arena you were playing,  but on objectives it happens every time if the host has it on easy and most of the time on normal - but that's understandable, i hate playing objective on easy or normal

Message 5 of 21 (146 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Mar 26, 2010

have seen this also a couple of times mainly on co-op arena. (although I haven;t been playing UCII for a while now (due to assassinscreed & bioshock II)

I do not understand why they do this...even do not want to know their reason as it can not be good anyway.

You know there is a chance that the map chosen will not be your favorite one... so if you can not deal with this then I would say do not do co-op and choose another option. Or maybe even a totally different game... go to MAG or what ever other shooter is out there.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Ritchie_
Message 6 of 21 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14139 posts

Mar 27, 2010

It happens in every game mode. I've found it happening mostly in Elimination which is even more lame as you have to wait ages to return to the game.

So the solution is that this penalty for quitting is causing problems all around the board, I'd probably be on the highest level by now if it wasn't for Playstation Network being a tragic mess and kicking me out.

I know some people don't have these problems. I assume it's console model related since none of my other electronics I'm using the net with have this issue.

So anyway back to the solution, If people quit they quit. I admit as much as I get kicked out if I'm facing a lobby of highest level players I'll take the 40k drop and leave. I'd rather level down than have absolutely no fun in a match that wont even be slightly competitive.

So. end lobbying, or create separate sections for lobbies only. As for team killing that needs to have a penalty, I don't care if it's an accident. Learn to not make mistakes.

Message 7 of 21 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Mar 27, 2010

They're probably going for the trophies, and the problem is either they already played the map that's been chosen, or the difficulty is not what they need it to be (i.e. they are not hosts).  I had a similar problem, but I just end up quitting the game when that happened.   Apparently they can't be bothered to.

The blame goes to ND for not giving us the option to choose the co-op map we want to play, and the difficulty level as well.  Especially since it can take up to half an hour depending on other players...

Message 8 of 21 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
525 posts

Mar 27, 2010
i always do this to destroy games it makes fuuun!
Sig provided by myu2sig.com !
Message 9 of 21 (146 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1464 posts

Mar 27, 2010

When I find people doing that in Co Op I just shoot at them till they are down, wait a while, and when there time is almost upI revive them. If they come at me I'll do it again except I don't revive them, and when we are all starting a lob a grenade it them to let em know not to mess with me.

Or sometimes I start that just to make things a little more interesting, after all it does say You against the world!

Or when I am bored.

GODDAMN BRONIES!

Message 10 of 21 (146 Views)
0 Likes