Uncharted Territory
1410 posts

Re: If you want to play Deathmatch, then pick Deathmatch

Nov 10, 2009
Sounds like you're frustrated.  It all has to do team strategy and the fact that they probably want more kills to improve their KDR and more cash, so they can rank up a bit faster.  After all, this is a war game and there WILL be shooting no matter what playlist you play.
My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/arcadias1595
My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/arcadias1695
Message 11 of 19 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Nov 10, 2009
You can message people on PS3?  Sorry I'm new to this.  Would love for someone to give me the scoop.

Message 12 of 19 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
699 posts

Nov 11, 2009

Maybe they just wanted to get extra money before the finish.

And i dont think rebooting the PS3 is a penalty safe way of quitting i tried it and still got the darn penalty... twice

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Steven1379
Message 13 of 19 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
365 posts

Nov 11, 2009
quickest money maker is doing just that, getting 4 captures with the treasure, then killing sprees the rest of the time. So much fun, my friend just got done playing that way and got 31,000 dollars, it was amazing
"Life is like a vending machine, what you put into it will determine what you get out of it" -Jed Anderson

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - yourworldonfire
Message 14 of 19 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1936 posts

Nov 11, 2009

Jedoman wrote:
quickest money maker is doing just that, getting 4 captures with the treasure, then killing sprees the rest of the time. So much fun, my friend just got done playing that way and got 31,000 dollars, it was amazing

Fun when your on the  4 cap team... not fun when your on the losing team. I had matches where two of my team players quit, the other team caps 4 treasures then just waits till time runs out.... sooooo pissed...

I also had my own team members kill me because I was trying to finish the game, but they wanted to keep the game going a full 15 min.... kind of heartless and cowardly if you ask me. 

Message 15 of 19 (40 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 11, 2009

i killed a teammate the other day for not playing survival properly.   if they want to kill enemies by themself, play the campaign or deathmatch.

i did get a nasty message from him after though!!!!!

Message 16 of 19 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
386 posts

Nov 11, 2009

Killing enemies keeps them from getting to the treasure, it's a valid tactic. But I will grab the treasure(if I can) and/or back up my team and try to score the treasures without wasting time. However if your an enemy and run past me I will frag you . It helps my team score treasures. I do think that if they have the 5th treasure home they should finish it. But if they try to keep getting kills after, I'm gonna keep fighting and make more money. 

If both teams are trying their hardest to score and the game lasts all twenty minutes it's playing the game the way it was ment to be. 

Message Edited by nightwalker1 on 11-11-2009 02:10 AM
Servant of the Most High
Photobucket
Message 17 of 19 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
290 posts

Nov 11, 2009

JHarlequin wrote:

Digital_Phoenix wrote:

eastavenge wrote:

brokenrecliner wrote:
I had someone send me a message in the middle of the match -- "Don't try to win".

I have to wonder what is going threw their heads

I have to wonder what was going "through" your head when you wrote that.

You honestly couldn't think of a legitimate reason for this? Seriously?

Is it a legitimate reason to not try to win.  Being a game, the goal tends to be "to win".  Trying not to win seems a bit unusual.  Now it is actually nice of someone to message their teammate that is trying and tell them that they aren't getting help for a reason.  It certainly makes that particular match a nightmare for the person that did want to win.

There still is no legitimate reason to not try to win a match.

No, just because you don't like it doesn't mean there isn't a legitimate reason to not win instantly. People want to aquire medals, like Triple Threat, in that time, because Plunder usually lasts longer than any other game mode.

So yes, there is a legitimate reason not to win instantly. If you can't think of one, then I don't even know what to say.

Message 18 of 19 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
372 posts

Nov 11, 2009

It isn't an instant win issue.  There are people that will make sure the game drags on and won't try to win at all throughout.  They just hold the treasuer and dump it occaisionally.  20 minute draws, or losses, when they were easily able to score the idol is illegitimate.

Trying not to win, as I said is never legitimate.  I didn't say trying to extend the game was wrong, I said specifically trying not to win is not legitimate in a game where the goal is "to win".

As for extending the game.  I would be okay for extending the game.  I probably almost participated at least once.  I definately wasn't watching out for the idol carrier's back.  I was shooting enemies, trying to gather a triple threat.  But I was thinking the idol carrier was good, and they were on the opposite side of the map, so why not go for kills.

But if the idol is there, score it.  If you are in possesion of it, move it towards the score.  But do not just stand on it and wait for 20 minutes.  That is trying not to win, and is not a legitimate gameplay tactic.

Message 19 of 19 (40 Views)
0 Likes