Reply
Nov 10 2009
By: brokenrecliner First Son 14 posts
Offline

If you want to play Deathmatch, then pick Deathmatch

18 replies 34 views Edited Nov 10, 2009
Instead of playing an Objectives game and just going around killing people and making me play for twenty minutes. The reason why I pick Objectives is to actually do something different besides just trying to kill everyone and also because the matches end faster. Just today I had someone send me a message in the middle of the match -- "Don't try to win". Sorry buddy but you're wrong on this one. So I just re-booted the system without having to incur the 40k penalty.
Message 1 of 19 (34 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/22/2009
Offline
415 posts
 

Re: If you want to play Deathmatch, then pick Deathmatch

Nov 10, 2009
Buck up little camper...take heart...sometimes...you get teamed with people who just have no idea what they're doing.  Smiley Happy
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - ChokeAhoQuick
Message 2 of 19 (34 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 02/13/2009
Offline
10027 posts
 

Re: If you want to play Deathmatch, then pick Deathmatch

Nov 10, 2009

brokenrecliner wrote:
I had someone send me a message in the middle of the match -- "Don't try to win".

I have to wonder what is going threw their heads

Message 3 of 19 (34 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 05/11/2009
Offline
372 posts
 

Re: If you want to play Deathmatch, then pick Deathmatch

Nov 10, 2009

 You probably don't have to wonder what is going on.  Have you tried to earn any of the more valuable torphies during a deathmatch game.

 

 Triple threat, ninja, assassin, long ranger, they all take preparation and time.  Deathmatch only lasts 50 kills.  You don't get that much time.  So they selected objective so that they get more time to make kills.  The problem is that the medals are the same value there and thus, it's easier to earn money from medals and not bother with the objective then it is to play deathmatch and not earn medals but win.

Message 4 of 19 (34 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 08/16/2009
Offline
14 posts
 

Re: If you want to play Deathmatch, then pick Deathmatch

Nov 10, 2009
So then ND should fix the medal values to make it worth more to actually trying scoring the treasure and less emphasis on kills.
Message 5 of 19 (34 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 01/07/2009
Offline
290 posts
 

Re: If you want to play Deathmatch, then pick Deathmatch

Nov 10, 2009

eastavenge wrote:

brokenrecliner wrote:
I had someone send me a message in the middle of the match -- "Don't try to win".

I have to wonder what is going threw their heads


 

I have to wonder what was going "through" your head when you wrote that.

 

You honestly couldn't think of a legitimate reason for this? Seriously?

Message 6 of 19 (34 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/14/2009
Offline
3094 posts
 

Re: If you want to play Deathmatch, then pick Deathmatch

Nov 10, 2009
I would like to be able to pick the different kinds of deathmatch (RPG, sniper/pistole) without having to end up in a plunder or similar kind of game>
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 19 (34 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 05/11/2009
Offline
372 posts
 

Re: If you want to play Deathmatch, then pick Deathmatch

Nov 10, 2009

Digital_Phoenix wrote:

eastavenge wrote:

brokenrecliner wrote:
I had someone send me a message in the middle of the match -- "Don't try to win".

I have to wonder what is going threw their heads


 

I have to wonder what was going "through" your head when you wrote that.

 

You honestly couldn't think of a legitimate reason for this? Seriously?


  Is it a legitimate reason to not try to win.  Being a game, the goal tends to be "to win".  Trying not to win seems a bit unusual.  Now it is actually nice of someone to message their teammate that is trying and tell them that they aren't getting help for a reason.  It certainly makes that particular match a nightmare for the person that did want to win.

 

 There still is no legitimate reason to not try to win a match.

Message 8 of 19 (34 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 10/04/2009
Offline
5921 posts
 

Re: If you want to play Deathmatch, then pick Deathmatch

Nov 10, 2009
I always try to win objectives. However, if my team is up 4 scores to 0 in Plunder, we make a concerted effort to not score until later in the match since it isn't always a sure thing that you'll be able to play Plunder again in the next match. If someone really has to go on our team, they will capture it. Easy enough.
Message 9 of 19 (34 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/11/2007
Online
3976 posts
 

Re: If you want to play Deathmatch, then pick Deathmatch

Nov 10, 2009
Already a huge thread on this.
Message 10 of 19 (34 Views)
Reply
0 Likes