Dec 01 2009
By: whitezombie83 First Son 16 posts

If Uncharted 2 doesn't win GOTY, 'll be shocked.

33 replies 106 views Edited Dec 1, 2009
Number one:UC2 is the best looking game on the ps3 I have seen to date.multi player is on par,story mode is epic.MW2 may be popular,but UC2 is a better game all around(sorry MW2 fans)The sound FX are outstanding,but everybody already knows these things.I'm not going to lie,when I first bought the game i had my doubts.But when i got home and played it I was blown away and overwhelmed.Everybody that loves UC2,pay homage to ND for the effort they put into this game and vote it for game of the year.ND deserves it,UC2 deserves it.I tell ya UC2 has got my vote hands down
Message 1 of 34 (106 Views)
Highlighted
Splicer
57 posts

Re: If Uncharted 2 doesn't win GOTY, 'll be shocked.

Dec 1, 2009
I agree Uncharted 2 is the best game I think I've ever played but as far as it winning game of the year the one factor that might prevent it would be that it's not multi-console.
Message 2 of 34 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1415 posts

Dec 1, 2009
Photobucket
" I think I'm Paul Pierce, I think I'm Rondo, high off the headband you dying on that hydro" - Spitta
Message 3 of 34 (106 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1146 posts

Dec 1, 2009

Uncharted 2 Is amazing. I love the game and think it the most visually stunning game ever made. Great story weak multi player.

MW2 Is awsome and IMO a better experience than uncharted. My mouth was open in awe the entire time i was playing it. 

If i could have played both but could only own one i would get MW2 over Uncharted2. I still think Uncharted2 should win GOTY simply because they accomplished something with that game that i have never seen before Simply amazing visuals.

Uncharted was like watching a really good movie. MW2 was like being the lead actor in a really good movie.

Just my opinion though...

AlternativeOne's anime, manga, reviews, recommendations, blogs and lists at Anime-Planet
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Message 4 of 34 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2972 posts

Dec 1, 2009

Smiley Surprised

Thanks to Pineapple7811 for sig
Photobucket
Message 5 of 34 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
589 posts

Dec 1, 2009

d3t0x_08 wrote:

I usually laugh at this sort of things and end up praising and kodu-ing people that post this types of gifs.... but this just utterly fails. OH! And keep your "I dun car betch" comment to yourself.
On-Topic: I'll be surprised if it doesn't win GOTY. It's gotten so much praise, so it'd be a shocker if U2 doesn't win.
Message 6 of 34 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1576 posts

Dec 1, 2009

d3t0x_08 wrote:

:smileyvery-happy:
 Agree with the OP about GOTY.

Message 7 of 34 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6802 posts

Dec 1, 2009
If youre talking about VGA, I sure wont. I'm already expecting them to give it to Modern Lagfa... I mean, Warfare even though it doesnt deserve it.
Photobucket
Message 8 of 34 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
415 posts

Dec 1, 2009

Uncharted 2 is GotY, EASY.  

Modern Warfare 2...okay...I realize that I'm almost completely alone in this, but MW2 is probably as overrated if not moreso than GTA IV is.  Seriously...that campaign??  Single Player??

Single player got repetitive quick...and I'm not talking about the gameplay...I'm talking about the betrayals and nukes.  Ridiculous.  I thought they were going to start a pattern of storytelling, but then the game was over.  Like seriously...yeah...single player campaign...complete.

Okay so let's go online.

Basically looks like a 3D version of MGS2.  Cheap as all hell.  Perks, Heart Rate Sensors, Air Strikes...all just cheap as hell.  

Uncharted's MP on the other hand is dope as hell.  Sure...it's got boosters, but they're subtle adjustments...not putting the player in a chopper taking people down with an NVG equipped minigun. 

Single player experience...I mean...there's not a comparison in any way shape or form.  The closest thing to a Cheap Shock in Uncharted 2 were The Guardians.  MW2's entire plotline, every setpiece and each mission are all clearly exercizes in Cheap Shock.

Uncharted 2's Single Player Experience unfolds like some of the best Hollywood Blockbusters ever...MW2's single player experience unfolds disjointedly and awkwardly, and you can tell the game itself is reaching for what turns out to be mostly artificial shock and awe.

Uncharted 2 is GotY.  Easy.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - ChokeAhoQuick
Message 9 of 34 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1410 posts

Dec 1, 2009

whitezombie83 wrote:
Number one:UC2 is the best looking game on the ps3 I have seen to date.multi player is on par,story mode is epic.MW2 may be popular,but UC2 is a better game all around(sorry MW2 fans)The sound FX are outstanding,but everybody already knows these things.I'm not going to lie,when I first bought the game i had my doubts.But when i got home and played it I was blown away and overwhelmed.Everybody that loves UC2,pay homage to ND for the effort they put into this game and vote it for game of the year.ND deserves it,UC2 deserves it.I tell ya UC2 has got my vote hands down

Yes, I agree.  The best, longest single-player I've seen yet, besides Uncharted 1.  And the multiplayer is fantastic.  Just wait until they release more maps and modes, then it will be even greater!

Make sure to vote on the Spike's website for Uncharted 2 in the "Game of the Year" category! http://www.spike.com/event/vga2009/page/vote/category/34724

My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/arcadias1595
My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/arcadias1695
Message 10 of 34 (106 Views)
0 Likes