Highlighted
Feb 03 2010
By: SLYDWAYZRACER I Only Post Everything 992 posts

IDLE SHOULD = BOOT! ND PLEASE READ

36 replies 74 views Edited Feb 3, 2010

I'm so tired of playing with people who leave their ps3s online on multiplayer all day and just leave their character in a game. The game thinks they are there when they aren't and then put that person in a game. 

*Edit: Since this thread seems to get some decent support, lets see if we can keep it going and get ND to take notice of it. They really need to know of and fix the problem with idlers. 

Naughty Dog, please patch the game to boot people to the lobby if they are idle more than one game. This allows some leniency for people who stepped away from the game for only a couple of minutes but gets rid of people who left their controller just sitting there. (This seems to have worked pretty well for games like Warhawk; only the boot time for that game was like 2 minutes.) 

Message Edited by SLYDWAYZRACER on 02-01-2010 05:56 PM
Message Edited by SLYDWAYZRACER on 02-01-2010 08:00 PM
Message Edited by SLYDWAYZRACER on 02-01-2010 08:00 PM
Message Edited by SLYDWAYZRACER on 02-02-2010 08:57 PM
Message 31 of 37 (74 Views)
Splicer
68 posts

Re: Idle should = BOOT

Feb 1, 2010
Yeah, it sucks when you're playing deathmatch and the other team gets to farm kills off of your AFK teammate.
Message 1 of 37 (74 Views)
Lombax Warrior
278 posts

Feb 1, 2010
I second this.

www.warhawkforum.com Thanks Rsteele
Message 2 of 37 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
360 posts

Feb 1, 2010
signed. only thing worse than a player going idle is when it keeps them in the same room for more games...
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Curtins4u
Message 3 of 37 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4266 posts

Feb 1, 2010

I think everyone agrees with booting idlers. It shouldn't be that hard either for ND to do something about it. When you haven't moved at all for more than, let's say, four minutes, you can get a pop-up asking if you're still there and want to continue. You'd have twenty seconds to think and if you don't response you'll get booted.

Message 4 of 37 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Feb 1, 2010

Yeah, it's massively annoying. Putting an idea like this in place would sort everything out. I played a game of Chain Reaction last night and THREE of our teammates were idlers.

I remember once respawning right near this other guy who was idle. I hit him in the face, then just as I hit him again he dropped a grenade and blew me up. Hahaha! I had to laugh, really. I got OWNED!

Message 5 of 37 (74 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
992 posts

Re: IDLE SHOULD = BOOT! ND PLEASE READ

Feb 2, 2010
Its good to know I'm not the only one experiencing this. We need to get ND to notice this.
Message 6 of 37 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
516 posts

Feb 2, 2010
I can't believe this is something ND couldn't predict when coming up with this "rematch" function.
---

Watch your back...Because that's where I'll spawn. Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 37 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Feb 2, 2010

It seems like it is happening more often recently, and absolutely destroys Plunder games, where you really need everyone, even weaker players to at least draw fire.

The thing is they wouldn't even need to make new code for "BOOTING" players, just stop automatically re-enrolling players into a new matchmaking session!  Or just make it so a single button hit is required to begin the matchmaking again.  Having games restart automatically seems senseless.

Message 8 of 37 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
516 posts

Feb 2, 2010

aeon604 wrote:

It seems like it is happening more often recently, and absolutely destroys Plunder games, where you really need everyone, even weaker players to at least draw fire.

The thing is they wouldn't even need to make new code for "BOOTING" players, just stop automatically re-enrolling players into a new matchmaking session!  Or just make it so a single button hit is required to begin the matchmaking again.  Having games restart automatically seems senseless.

This is how it was in the beginning. People cried that it took too long to get into consequent games. ND patched it to leave everyone in the current game room and called it rematching. Usually 1 player leaves and it still takes long to start games anyways. The instant party up function was rendered useless. And now, of course, idle players stay game after game because of the automatic "rematching."
---

Watch your back...Because that's where I'll spawn. Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 37 (74 Views)
0 Likes