Wastelander
712 posts

Re: I literally CURSE the day I bought Uncharted 2!

Apr 10, 2010

Are you really that obsessed over a few imaginary trophies?

Sig provided by myu2sig.com !
Message 41 of 50 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2628 posts

Apr 10, 2010

Really, all this over some online trophies? 

Message 42 of 50 (200 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Apr 10, 2010

Wow, this is seriously one of the dumbest and biggest overly exaggerated threads I have ever stumbled upon

No, seriously, now Terminator Salvation seems more appealing, because they don't suddenly screw us over with online trophies.

1st: I'm sure. Tell us how that one goes. 

Why do you keep adding online trophies, and difficult ones, too? 

2nd: Hard? I think if one spent more time playing and less time complaining, you would know that like what everyone else said, you don't need to buy the DLC to get the 100%. Plus if I'm not mistaking, if you wanted the costumes and maps, they came separate. The trophies are for those who want a challenge: Which is, sadly, one of the biggest problems with "gamers" nowadays: Complaining about games being too hard and challenging...the censored term I'll use is "kitties." Is that what you are? Are you a kitty?

I am totally for challenging trophies, but my performance should NOT depend on other users!

3rd: Again: Don't buy it then. And what happens when you get a game, one that has only offline trophies and some of the trophies say "Complete on Co-op on *blank* difficulty, without *blank* or *blank*. Doesn't that mean that your challenge of achieving all offline trophies still depends on someone else? Must remember to investigate further...

This game, when it first came out, was the prime example of how a game should be; only two online trophies, introductory ones too.

4th: My 4th point, having no relevance other then making headway for my 5th point

But now you have 20+ online trophies, when YOU stated your opposition to online trophies?  Are you trying to emulate inferior games like SOCOM?

5th: Never once did they state they opposed online trophies. And I didn't know there was a Socom before Confrontation that offered online trophies ( The nerve! An ONLINE game offering ONLINE trophies. OMGLOLZORZLAWLZKOREANBBQ!!!!!!!!!!!). The second part of the statement is irrelevant, mainly because they are two different companies, two vastly different games and are no way related to each other then being exclusive to the same console. Moving along...

Yes, MP should be maintained and supported, but adding trophies for those who do not play online is pretty cheap, because now people will feel forced to play online and get their trophies.  The worse part is that the requirements are ACHIEVABLE with or without the DLC but you need to buy a DLC to get awarded for something  you can do otherwise?  This is the definition of cheap.

6th: Again, Again: That statement makes absolutely as much sense as a drunk with a hair-lip. You can get the satisfaction of getting the 100% without getting the DLC trophies. Like everyone has been saying: You are making too big of a deal out of this.

Or is this your way of maintaining the dying online community?  Well, face the music - *EVERY* MP dies out eventually, with or without trophies.  You cannot postpone the inevitable.  You can continue to support this multiplayer, but you cannot force everyone to play it.  At one point, people will throw in the towel. 

7th: Who cares if it's dying? Everything dies at one point or another (did you know you'll die to someday?) and it happens all the time in gaming. Fortunately, this game isn't like the mesh of games that had online play but because of a sequel they died (COD4, every sports game ever). With MW2, people still love COD4 wayyyy more, they go back to it and it's still supported. It's all about what you like now and with Uncharted 2, Naughty Dog I'm sure will still have a server up until there aren't at least 10 people to play on it. And you use such harmful words like "force." No one is forcing anything.

I know now for a fact that if Uncharted 3 has multiplayer, I will NOT buy it.  I will rent it and play it on my other account and then return it, because even if you say that there won't be online trophies, I know for a fact that you will add them.  

8th: Fact: There will be Uncharted 3. Fact: It will have multiplayer. Fact: It will definitely have trophies (on and offline). If you're so concerned about trophies, even if you play it on your other account, you'll still piss and moan about how you don't have them all.  One more time: You don't need to get the trophies. Those were for the people who ENJOY playing online. The ones who like another option and want to get their full money's worth of everything the game has to offer. For the people that get a game that has online and they play through campaign once and get rid of it, I laugh because of how stupid they feel for paying 60$ for a game that even though has about that much in single player, you get your money's worth 10X over online. I don't know if it's trolling or you someone peed in your coffee or whatever, this has been a pointless thread fueled by pointless and with some completely inaccurate facts. Do some research kid before you come in guns blazing and you run out of ammo.

Fool me once..

9th and finally: I think you're fooling yourself. 

Throw whatever you want at me. I can take it.

Let's see how bad I get flamed for this.

Message 43 of 50 (200 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6585 posts

Apr 10, 2010
Maverick, you DO need the DLC to get the trophies. That's what the whole of this argument has been about
Message 44 of 50 (200 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1300 posts

Apr 10, 2010

yazter wrote:

No, seriously, now Terminator Salvation seems more appealing, because they don't suddenly screw us over with online trophies.

Why do you keep adding online trophies, and difficult ones, too? 

I am totally for challenging trophies, but my performance should NOT depend on other users!

This game, when it first came out, was the prime example of how a game should be; only two online trophies, introductory ones too.

But now you have 20+ online trophies, when YOU stated your opposition to online trophies?  Are you trying to emulate inferior games like SOCOM?

Yes, MP should be maintained and supported, but adding trophies for those who do not play online is pretty cheap, because now people will feel forced to play online and get their trophies.  The worse part is that the requirements are ACHIEVABLE with or without the DLC but you need to buy a DLC to get awarded for something  you can do otherwise?  This is the definition of cheap.

Or is this your way of maintaining the dying online community?  Well, face the music - *EVERY* MP dies out eventually, with or without trophies.  You cannot postpone the inevitable.  You can continue to support this multiplayer, but you cannot force everyone to play it.  At one point, people will throw in the towel. 

I know now for a fact that if Uncharted 3 has multiplayer, I will NOT buy it.  I will rent it and play it on my other account and then return it, because even if you say that there won't be online trophies, I know for a fact that you will add them.  

Fool me once..

Honestly, even if I played you 10 times a day, I wouldn't spend 10 seconds look at your trophy case.  That's how irrelevant I think it is.  I have close friends (the only trophies I look at) who've completed 30% of the trophies, and could probably kick a lot of the 100%'ers asses without even trying.  It's such a "meh" achievement - thats mostly unimpressive single-player achievements, with the occasional luck-based multiplayer achievement.

Message 45 of 50 (200 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Apr 10, 2010

Yep, this 100% Trophy decline is BS! With XBox Live they just add more to the 1000 points. So It'd be like 1500 total points or something for their achievements if stuff was added like DLC with Achievements(instead of just reducing your points to fit 1000, they ADD to it). This reverting back to 66% when you were 79% is annoying as heck and we shouldn't stand for it! Make it 150% to 200% depending on how much you add DLC Trophies ND/SONY! You bums!

Message 46 of 50 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6585 posts

Apr 10, 2010
Side note, my sig is screwed, how do I get it to work. Kudos to the first person who helps me
Message 47 of 50 (200 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Apr 10, 2010

@Marvel: I know you need to buy the DLC to get the trophies but if you don't want them, I'm pretty sure you can buy everything else separately. 

Message 48 of 50 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

Apr 10, 2010

MaverickX25 wrote:

@Marvel: I know you need to buy the DLC to get the trophies but if you don't want them, I'm pretty sure you can buy everything else separately. 

Doubt it. I'm almost certain it's going to be a bundle. Not to be shrewd, but allowing people to select what they want to buy specifically is guaranteed to lose them money.

Message 49 of 50 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5918 posts

Apr 10, 2010

Eugenides wrote:

MaverickX25 wrote:

Doubt it. I'm almost certain it's going to be a bundle. Not to be shrewd, but allowing people to select what they want to buy specifically is guaranteed to lose them money.

In all fairness, they did the bundle thing last time. You could buy only the maps and trophies instead of the maps, trophies and skins. I settled for only the maps and trophies as I already paid for the Playstation Heroes pack.

That said, I believe that the smallest pack will probably still contain the new mode and maps along with the trophies and cost 4-5 bucks.

Message 50 of 50 (200 Views)
0 Likes