Highlighted
Apr 09 2010
By: yazter Hekseville Citizen 286 posts

I literally CURSE the day I bought Uncharted 2!

49 replies 190 views Edited Apr 9, 2010

No, seriously, now Terminator Salvation seems more appealing, because they don't suddenly screw us over with online trophies.

Why do you keep adding online trophies, and difficult ones, too? 

I am totally for challenging trophies, but my performance should NOT depend on other users!

This game, when it first came out, was the prime example of how a game should be; only two online trophies, introductory ones too.

But now you have 20+ online trophies, when YOU stated your opposition to online trophies?  Are you trying to emulate inferior games like SOCOM?

Yes, MP should be maintained and supported, but adding trophies for those who do not play online is pretty cheap, because now people will feel forced to play online and get their trophies.  The worse part is that the requirements are ACHIEVABLE with or without the DLC but you need to buy a DLC to get awarded for something  you can do otherwise?  This is the definition of cheap.

Or is this your way of maintaining the dying online community?  Well, face the music - *EVERY* MP dies out eventually, with or without trophies.  You cannot postpone the inevitable.  You can continue to support this multiplayer, but you cannot force everyone to play it.  At one point, people will throw in the towel. 

I know now for a fact that if Uncharted 3 has multiplayer, I will NOT buy it.  I will rent it and play it on my other account and then return it, because even if you say that there won't be online trophies, I know for a fact that you will add them.  

Fool me once..

(Yes, I do have that many trophies and yes, I am *that* fabulous.)
Message 1 of 50 (190 Views)
Fender Bender
4357 posts

Re: I literally CURSE the day I bought Uncharted 2!

Apr 9, 2010

Who cares if your Uncharted trophies aren't 100% you still get platinum, I don't see why people care so much...

Message 2 of 50 (190 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6586 posts

Apr 9, 2010
They never said there wouldn't be online trophies. At launch they wanted everyone to be able to get Platinum so they didn't include many.
Message 3 of 50 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Apr 9, 2010

You're overeacting.

You're not forced to play the mp because of the trophies. Neither do you HAVE to buy the dlc.

If you don't want to buy Uncharted 3. Then it's your loss, not NaughtyDog's.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - AceKlaw
Message 4 of 50 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
248 posts

Apr 9, 2010

MarvelAlex wrote:
They never said there wouldn't be online trophies. At launch they wanted everyone to be able to get Platinum so they didn't include many.

MarvelAlex is right. And to you yazter. If 100% is so important for you. Don't buy online games.

Sig provided by myu2sig.com !
My Youtube channel: KittyGotWet - Featured videos: Justified Team Killing in Uncharted 2
Message 5 of 50 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5921 posts

Apr 9, 2010

lve_msg already hit the nail on the head.

You can still get the platinum without getting all the MP trophies. The only ones you need are the ones for completing one competitive and one co-op match each. Don't really understand what the problem is here.

Message 6 of 50 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
481 posts

Apr 9, 2010

i'm with you on this 1 tbh yazter, i got barely any trophies but i got a mate that pretty much only plays for 100%, he doesnt care too much about platinum but he wants to get 100% all on the games he gets, and he's also really annoyed with the online trophies for this, will only be the 3rd game that he wont get 100% in now because of online trophies, he too wouldnt have bought it if he knew they were going to put more online trophies into it.

RFoM Ranked Kills ~ 150,000
Uc2 Ranked Kills ~ 27,500
R2 Ranked Kills ~ 2,000
UT3 Ranked Kills ~ 1,600
BF 1943 Ranked Kills ~ 1,500
MW2 Ranked Kills ~ 1,200
CoD WaW Ranked Kills ~ 1,100
KZ2 Ranked Kills ~ 700
HAZE Ranked Kills ~ 200
CoD4 Ranked Kills ~ 15
Message 7 of 50 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Apr 9, 2010

yazter wrote:

No, seriously, now Terminator Salvation seems more appealing, because they don't suddenly screw us over with online trophies.

Why do you keep adding online trophies, and difficult ones, too? 

I am totally for challenging trophies, but my performance should NOT depend on other users!

This game, when it first came out, was the prime example of how a game should be; only two online trophies, introductory ones too.

But now you have 20+ online trophies, when YOU stated your opposition to online trophies?  Are you trying to emulate inferior games like SOCOM?

Yes, MP should be maintained and supported, but adding trophies for those who do not play online is pretty cheap, because now people will feel forced to play online and get their trophies.  The worse part is that the requirements are ACHIEVABLE with or without the DLC but you need to buy a DLC to get awarded for something  you can do otherwise?  This is the definition of cheap.

Or is this your way of maintaining the dying online community?  Well, face the music - *EVERY* MP dies out eventually, with or without trophies.  You cannot postpone the inevitable.  You can continue to support this multiplayer, but you cannot force everyone to play it.  At one point, people will throw in the towel. 

I know now for a fact that if Uncharted 3 has multiplayer, I will NOT buy it.  I will rent it and play it on my other account and then return it, because even if you say that there won't be online trophies, I know for a fact that you will add them.  

Fool me once..

You're making too much of a big deal out of this.  Who cares if you get 100% trophies?  Lots of games have online trophies instead of just singleplayer trophies like, BFBC, Fifa, and Quantom of Solace.  I don't have the DLC and I'm still having fun online.

Message 8 of 50 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Apr 9, 2010

Which is why I don't buy these games.  I bought Uncharted 2, not SOCOM or Killzone 2.

Message 9 of 50 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Apr 9, 2010

No.

Adding trophies to someone's list for something he or she does NOT own is like an exterminator putting cockroaches in someone's home and then forcing him to pay so he can get rid of them.  Of course, he can choose not to pay, but then they'll be there forever. I did not ask for these trophies to be added to MY list, yet they will be there soon.

And I know it's not Naughty Dog's loss, but I will save money by just renting Uncharted 3, or, better yet, borrowing it for free.   Sure, it would be no less to Naughty Dog, but hey, I'll get to save money =D  It's one thing to boycott a game, but it's another thing to enjoy a developer's hard work for FREE without so much as a PENNY going to them by simply borrowing a game from a friend..  And the beauty of this is that it's perfectly legal. =D

EDIT: And to reiterate ANOTHER point I made - the requirement for these trophies are ALREADY DOABLE but I have to buy the DLC to unlock it.  So if I get 10 Protectorate I won't get the trophy because I will have to buy the DLC to do it, even if this trophy has NOTHING to do with the upcoming DLC.

Message 10 of 50 (190 Views)
0 Likes