Reply
Splicer
Registered: 04/28/2006
Offline
32 posts
 

Re: I keep my word - Quitting this game

Feb 23, 2010

I would really like to thank everyone for their support. For those of you that disagree with me, you're free to do so, however I haven't yet heard a cohesive argument why this patch is better than the game was before. Not idiotic statements like: "quit if you don't like it", "quit complaining", "adjust" and my favorite "you suck". No, an actual, rational, well-thoughout argument which is based in fact.

 

I quit playing as a matter of principle. I wasn't having any fun (the reasons are in the original post). The skill has been taken out of this game, there is no arguing that. I remember how much fun I used to have, when everyone used to actually run around the maps. The game had this great "arcadey" feel that is gone now with all the campers. If anyone thinks that I can't adjust to that, you really have very little intelligence. It's not about adjusting; I can easily camp like everyone else, but I DON'T FIND THAT FUN. If I wanted to do that, I would go play modern warfare or something. What Naughty Dog has done is destroyed the unique and distinguishing factor of this game.

 

I'm honestly surprised that such a great developer like Naughty Dog would make such a radical change this late into the game; the only thing they managed to accomplish was alienate their original base. If the game was like this when I played the beta, I'm pretty sure that I would like it alot less, not having any basis for comparison, and I would have moved on a long time ago to some other multiplayer. 

 

Despite all of this, I am still really hoping that ND will listen to their base again and at the very least do a re-poll of this patch, this time with the proper advance notice in the in-game news (when you log in). I hope that they take notice of the vast dissatisfaction with this patch; after all, it is ultimately their reputation and business success that is on the line if many people quit as a result of this.

Message 161 of 169 (246 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/07/2009
Offline
142 posts
 

Re: I keep my word - Quitting this game

Feb 23, 2010

ghyttgh wrote:
ummm uncharted 2 will NEVER be like cod. cod isn't even "realistic" if uncharted 2 was to shoot for "realistic" stuff it would have take the killzone 2 meaning you will feel the weight of your gun and other stuff. uncharted 2 is very different from cod. last time i checked we dont have killstreaks and other stuff. people was camping with the sniper & FAL way before the update. just get used to the new update and find ways around things like camping, high power weapons etc etc.

you obviously never played any "hardcore" cod matches, because that mode is one of the most realistic experiences out there.  literally one shot from a rifle and you are dead.

 

true people did camp before the patch, but at least when you came across a camper you had time to react and get to cover and maybe have a fighting chance to get back at them, now its just "i see you first, i kill you first."  this game wasnt designed in the realistic shooter sense like all those other cookie cutter shooters out there and that is what made this game fun and exciting.  it took legit skill to survive and get kills by aiming correctly, being more aware of your surroundings.  now its just a spray and pray in the general direction of the enemy and you get a kill.

Message Edited by TrustNot on 02-23-2010 01:05 PM
Message 162 of 169 (246 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 02/23/2010
Offline
12 posts
 

Re: I keep my word - Quitting this game

Feb 23, 2010

Your poll was skewed.  Like it, hate it, is pretty clear cut, but Like it and give it a separate playlist is biased.  Give it a separate playlist does NOT mean I like it.  Also, where was this poll?  Why wasn't it posted on the first screen when you log into the game?  Why wasn't it offered to us who play decently?  I've stated before that I didn't know about the poll.  Why should I go looking for it?  It's your responsibility to inform me if you are planning changes that I don't have a choice over and don't know about.  I would have voted if you'd posted it on the game itself like you do with other news.  I work, and do not have a large amount of time to go web surfing; I spend it gaming instead.  If you are planning changes to my game, then by gum you give me my chance to vote on it, not just base it on a flawed result.  You all have made the changes without my consent, and that is also a part of the anger and frustration.

Message 163 of 169 (246 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/07/2009
Offline
142 posts
 

Re: I keep my word - Quitting this game

Feb 23, 2010

Trotsky wrote:

I would really like to thank everyone for their support. For those of you that disagree with me, you're free to do so, however I haven't yet heard a cohesive argument why this patch is better than the game was before. Not idiotic statements like: "quit if you don't like it", "quit complaining", "adjust" and my favorite "you suck". No, an actual, rational, well-thoughout argument which is based in fact.

 

I quit playing as a matter of principle. I wasn't having any fun (the reasons are in the original post). The skill has been taken out of this game, there is no arguing that. I remember how much fun I used to have, when everyone used to actually run around the maps. The game had this great "arcadey" feel that is gone now with all the campers. If anyone thinks that I can't adjust to that, you really have very little intelligence. It's not about adjusting; I can easily camp like everyone else, but I DON'T FIND THAT FUN. If I wanted to do that, I would go play modern warfare or something. What Naughty Dog has done is destroyed the unique and distinguishing factor of this game.

 

I'm honestly surprised that such a great developer like Naughty Dog would make such a radical change this late into the game; the only thing they managed to accomplish was alienate their original base. If the game was like this when I played the beta, I'm pretty sure that I would like it alot less, not having any basis for comparison, and I would have moved on a long time ago to some other multiplayer. 

 

Despite all of this, I am still really hoping that ND will listen to their base again and at the very least do a re-poll of this patch, this time with the proper advance notice in the in-game news (when you log in). I hope that they take notice of the vast dissatisfaction with this patch; after all, it is ultimately their reputation and business success that is on the line if many people quit as a result of this.


i agree, i too have not seen one justified argument why this patch is better than it was pre-patch.

 

the only arguments i have seen:

1) now it does not take a whole clip to kill someone.

re: when did it ever take a whole clip to kill someone (and i am assuming they are talking about the ak and m4)? it never took a whole clip to kill someone if you knew how to aim and shoot these weapons properly.  how is it reasonable to think that holding down the trigger of these guns and aiming it in the general direction of your enemy, anybody should get the kill?  should recoil, body movement, and being shot at not throw off accuracy?  

 

2) makes the game more strategic/tactical

re: so there were no strategy/tactics being used before 1.05?  yes i do agree that more people were running around a lot more, but if anything that is a disadvantage to the person running around.  anybody with a good aim/shot with the ak, m4, fal could take those people down.  i for one was one those people running around,  it took great awareness (and not using sit. awareness) to stay alive.  i was constantly moving the camera 360 degrees to be aware of my surroundings.  and if someone was camping, it took strategy/tactics to get around to them, ie rolling, taking cover, and not being shot by someone else. now you cant even do that.  if someone is camping now, you are better off camping where you are and just let them come to you, or it ends up in a stalemate; now i dont know about anybody else, but i my mind that is not fun just waiting for someone to come to me and then pick them off when they arent even aware of it.  i also like the heated gun fights (before 1.05).  it showed who had the better aim, shooting ability and better strafing ability to survive.

 

3) why not just adapt to the new settings?

re: why didnt you (no one specific, just people in general) just adapt to the prior settings, by learning to aim and shoot properly, be more aware of your surroundings, and not put yourself in situations where anybody would most likely die in the first place?

 

and to all the people who will just bash my responses, please, atleast be civil about it and make intelligent, coherent responses, instead of just flaming.

Message Edited by TrustNot on 02-23-2010 01:36 PM
Message Edited by TrustNot on 02-23-2010 01:38 PM
Message 164 of 169 (246 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 10/30/2009
Offline
88 posts
 

Re: I keep my word - Quitting this game

Feb 23, 2010
Trustnot................... The game before 1.05 gave u and ur teamates a choice if u wanted to go tactical... Now with 1.05 u have no choice u have to be tactical.. (my opion) tacticl BECOMES boring... Tell me in the uncharted single player how many times did drake go tactical... Only when sneaking stealth kills and thats what 3 percent of the game..... the rest is all action
Message 165 of 169 (246 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 12/21/2009
Offline
82 posts
 

Re: I keep my word - Quitting this game

Feb 23, 2010

Trotsky wrote:

Who the hell are you? IM FLAMETIE

 I've probably been playing this game longer than you've been alive. LOL IVE BEEN PLAYING THIS GAME SINCE THE BETA AND I PLAYED UNCHARTED 1

 Come back and talk when your kd is 1.5+ MY K/D IS 1.92 THANK YOU VERY MUCH

 and you have at least 13,000 kills. I DONT HAVE 13 000 KILLS BUT I'LL STILL OWN U

If you like this update so much, why are you not playing it? UM I WOULD PLAY THE GAME BUT IM NOT A GAME ADDICT.... 

**bleep** and go play your broken game. IF MY GAME IS BROKEN, HOW COMES I CAN STILL PLAY IT????????


 

Message 166 of 169 (246 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/07/2009
Offline
142 posts
 

Re: I keep my word - Quitting this game

Feb 23, 2010

SMASHKING wrote:
Trustnot................... The game before 1.05 gave u and ur teamates a choice if u wanted to go tactical... Now with 1.05 u have no choice u have to be tactical.. (my opion) tacticl BECOMES boring... Tell me in the uncharted single player how many times did drake go tactical... Only when sneaking stealth kills and thats what 3 percent of the game..... the rest is all action

i have no idea what you are talking about.  how you agreeing with me or disagreeing with my responses?  i dont know if you comprehended what i was trying to say.  and let me state, i am not happy with the new update.  those arguments i stated were the ones that most people are saying for why they like the new update and i was giving my responses (reSmiley Happy to those arguments for why they are not vaild/justified.  so again what are you trying to say?  did you think i liked the the update and was merely just restating what everyone else who liked the update said?

 

and let me say that it really becomes are to read your's and everybody else's post who do not use correct english and grammar.  remember to spell check and re-read what you are going to post so it does make sense.  there is nothing worse than trying to debate or take serious, with someone who cannot speak or write correct and coherent sentences.

 

one last thing, how does the SP have any relevance to the MP (disregarding co-op)? they are completely different entities.  sure they are both based within the same game world but again SP and MP are both different and they will always play differently, no matter what you are playing.  the gameplay of the SP should have no bearing to how you play the MP because 1) you are facing real people, not some computer controlled AI characters, and 2) MP allows for all different kinds of play types (run'n'gun, stealthy,etc) instead of the way the developers built the SP to be played like.

Message Edited by TrustNot on 02-23-2010 04:20 PM
Message 167 of 169 (246 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
3247 posts
 

Re: I keep my word - Quitting this game

Feb 24, 2010

ghyttgh wrote:
ummm uncharted 2 will NEVER be like cod. cod isn't even "realistic" if uncharted 2 was to shoot for "realistic" stuff it would have take the killzone 2 meaning you will feel the weight of your gun and other stuff. uncharted 2 is very different from cod. last time i checked we dont have killstreaks and other stuff. people was camping with the sniper & FAL way before the update. just get used to the new update and find ways around things like camping, high power weapons etc etc.

Again, there goes someone taking the MW2 and 1.05 UC2 comparisons literally. I guess I'll just keep copying and pasting this:

 

It's not the actual similarities in the game, it's the core gameplay philosophies behind them (who see's who first, not who has more gunskill etc.).

 

 


Punfisher wrote:
I don't care what they do.  I really like this game no matter what.  Although I do think it's a little rediculous that sometimes I have to pump 1/2 of a clip from an AK-47 into a dude to drop him, but he can kill me by pulling me off a 5 foot ledge.  I wouldn't mind a little more realism.  Very few games have any realistic affects as it is.  I enjoy games that strive for their realistic affects.  The more realistic things are, the more I want it.  Millions of games out there for fantasy lovers.  Very few reality based games.  But like I said, I'll enjoy Uncharted 2 no matter what, as long as Chloe's still shakin' it. 

 

UC2 was never meant to be a realistic game. It was designed from the ground up as a fun, arcade third-person-shooter with strong platforming elements. Similar to a hollywood action movie.

 

And it only takes 5 shots to the head and 6 shots to the chest + legs to kill a guy with AK as of now. Pre-1.05 it took 7 to the chest, 5 to the head, and 15 to the legs.

 

If you want a realistic TPS, try Socom. 

 

Flametie wrote:

Trotsky wrote:

Who the hell are you? IM FLAMETIE

 I've probably been playing this game longer than you've been alive. LOL IVE BEEN PLAYING THIS GAME SINCE THE BETA AND I PLAYED UNCHARTED 1

 Come back and talk when your kd is 1.5+ MY K/D IS 1.92 THANK YOU VERY MUCH

 and you have at least 13,000 kills. I DONT HAVE 13 000 KILLS BUT I'LL STILL OWN U

If you like this update so much, why are you not playing it? UM I WOULD PLAY THE GAME BUT IM NOT A GAME ADDICT.... 

**bleep** and go play your broken game. IF MY GAME IS BROKEN, HOW COMES I CAN STILL PLAY IT????????



 

 

Message 168 of 169 (246 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/14/2010
Offline
84 posts
 

Re: I keep my word - Quitting this game

[ Edited ]
last month

This seems like a tradition at this point.  Its time for my 2016 edition of quitting an Uncharted multiplayer!

Quit UC2 back in 2010 because of a poorly designed patch.

Quit UC3 around March 2012 because of patches that made G-Mal camping the go to playing style

Quit UC4 in 2016 unless they revert or patch the patch that killed match making for casual solo players.

Message 169 of 169 (95 Views)
Reply
0 Likes