Reply
Feb 24 2010
By: arkangel_mty Lombax Warrior 243 posts
Offline

I just gotta say 4 things.

15 replies 56 views Edited Feb 24, 2010

I just gotta say 4 things.

 

1.  The update is not that bad.  Its almost fun if people decide to be cool and not camp.  If people do camp, well your in for a very long and boring game.  Instead of hating the update Im starting to hate the people that camp.  However if ND is not going to change the game back I guess the best we( anybody that hates the update) can do is play fair and not camp because if everybody camps the game becomes SO **bleep**ING BORING.  But for the record I wish this update never happened.  So come on guys lets make this as tolerable as possible.

 

2. To all the noobs.  We get it, you love the update.  Please quit the stupid comments like You guys are just crying over nothing.  Also quit the the game is now better b.s.  If you can't notice the difference between 1.04 and 1.05 except for the fact that the sniper is now a one shot kill weapon, then your opinion doesn't matter.  Come up in here talking about how it took too long to kill somebody, why don't you go back to playing MW2.  I don't hate all the noobs, only the MW2 noobs.

 

3. To all the people that say that the weapons are more balanced now, because the shotgun was overpowered.  Now you know that's some b.s. Right there.  The shot gun required skill.  Otherwise explain how I was able to get in your face without you killing me.  Or explain how even though you also had a shotgun I still killed you.  Or you could explain how you only got one kill with the shotgun while I got 5.  Maybe because I learned how to use it.  You could also explain why you didn't get any kills with the shotgun.  Maybe cause you suck at it.

 

4. The sniper rifle was better the way it use to be.  It required skill and because of that nobody ever used it.  After seeing it lying around I decided to start using in, and guess what, I got good at it.  Two shots wasn't to hard to land, but wasn't to easy so that it became unfair.  Now the sniper rifle has replaced the shotgun.  The difference is that with the shotgun you had to go all the way in somebodys face to kill them, which wasn't always easy, but with the sniper rifle you just aim from any distance and boom they're dead.  The reason the shotgun wasn't overpowered was because it was only effective in short range, but in any other situation it was useless.  The sniper rifle is effective all the time, any time. It has no weakness.

 

 That's all folks!

Message Edited by arkangel_mty on 02-23-2010 08:42 PM
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - arkangel_mty
Message 1 of 16 (56 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 10/30/2008
Offline
540 posts
 

Re: I just gotta say 4 things.

Feb 24, 2010

umm actually everytime i picked up a shotgun in the last patch it was mowing down time unless someone dropped a grenade at their feet, please explain to me how using a shotgun does not require skill now, u have to be strategic and sneak behind people or you wont be successful.  Strategy is a skill.  I can still rack up shotgun kills but it has to be at the right time, using the shotgun requires no skill, your run up to people and press r1, using the strategy to get to them especially in this update, is where the skills at. 

 

Last patch your ran wild with the shotgun avoiding gun fire, than charging at your opponent, i dare you to try that in this patch and see what happens agains players who are no idiotic

Photobucket
Message 2 of 16 (56 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 11/12/2009
Offline
551 posts
 

Re: I just gotta say 4 things.

Feb 24, 2010

I was expecting 4 lines.

 

tl;dr

Message 3 of 16 (56 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/21/2009
Offline
243 posts
 

Re: I just gotta say 4 things.

Feb 24, 2010

NasmanX wrote:

umm actually everytime i picked up a shotgun in the last patch it was mowing down time unless someone dropped a grenade at their feet, please explain to me how using a shotgun does not require skill now, u have to be strategic and sneak behind people or you wont be successful.  Strategy is a skill.  I can still rack up shotgun kills but it has to be at the right time, using the shotgun requires no skill, your run up to people and press r1, using the strategy to get to them especially in this update, is where the skills at. 

 

Last patch your ran wild with the shotgun avoiding gun fire, than charging at your opponent, i dare you to try that in this patch and see what happens agains players who are no idiotic


Well I think its funny that before the update I barely ever got killed by the shotgun because I would kill shotgunners with my ak before they got close enough to kill me, or I would throw a grenade at their feet.  It wasnt overpowered, people just played stupidly. I dont know how many times I had the shotgun and some idiot didnt realize I had it and since he couldnt aim at all, he would run into me so that he could melee me.  Now you know how that ended.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - arkangel_mty
Message 4 of 16 (56 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/15/2010
Offline
209 posts
 

Re: I just gotta say 4 things.

Feb 24, 2010

I agree. Kudos since I don't know how to give you one.

 

Shotgun's are great weapons. They do require skill. Even Pre-1.05 you could kill people with a shotgun, take them from far, blindfire, melee, nade when you know you're dead.

 

If you can get a rampant or a rage, fury, whatever with short-range weapons, you're good.

Message 5 of 16 (56 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 01/29/2009
Offline
9117 posts
 

Re: I just gotta say 4 things.

Feb 24, 2010

arkangel_mty wrote:

I just gotta say 4 things.

 

1.  The update is not that bad.  Its almost fun if people decide to be cool and not camp.  If people do camp, well your in for a very long and boring game.  Instead of hating the update Im starting to hate the people that camp.  However if ND is not going to change the game back I guess the best we( anybody that hates the update) can do is play fair and not camp because if everybody camps the game becomes SO **bleep**ING BORING.  But for the record I wish this update never happened.  So come on guys lets make this as tolerable as possible.

 

2. To all the noobs.  We get it, you love the update.  Please quit the stupid comments like You guys are just crying over nothing.  Also quit the the game is now better b.s.  If you can't notice the difference between 1.04 and 1.05 except for the fact that the sniper is now a one shot kill weapon, then your opinion doesn't matter.  Come up in here talking about how it took too long to kill somebody, why don't you go back to playing MW2.  I don't hate all the noobs, only the MW2 noobs.

 

3. To all the people that say that the weapons are more balanced now, because the shotgun was overpowered.  Now you know that's some b.s. Right there.  The shot gun required skill.  Otherwise explain how I was able to get in your face without you killing me.  Or explain how even though you also had a shotgun I still killed you.  Or you could explain how you only got one kill with the shotgun while I got 5.  Maybe because I learned how to use it.  You could also explain why you didn't get any kills with the shotgun.  Maybe cause you suck at it.

 

4. The sniper rifle was better the way it use to be.  It required skill and because of that nobody ever used it.  After seeing it lying around I decided to start using in, and guess what, I got good at it.  Two shots wasn't to hard to land, but wasn't to easy so that it became unfair.  Now the sniper rifle has replaced the shotgun.  The difference is that with the shotgun you had to go all the way in somebodys face to kill them, which wasn't always easy, but with the sniper rifle you just aim from any distance and boom they're dead.  The reason the shotgun wasn't overpowered was because it was only effective in short range, but in any other situation it was useless.  The sniper rifle is effective all the time, any time. It has no weakness.

 

 That's all folks!

Message Edited by arkangel_mty on 02-23-2010 08:42 PM

Well, most of this I've read about 100x before, so I'm not going to address all of it; mainly just the shotgun portion. And this is all subjective, based entirely off my opinion, so take it or leave it.
 Back when I first started playing Multiplayer, I pretty much relied on the shotgun to get kills. I was one of those people who would immediately run for it upon spawning, because I just couldn't be bothered to get decent at actually aiming weapons. And I mastered the shotgun easily, as well as fully acknolwedged that it required very little skill. Yeah, you have to weave your way up to people without getting shot, but you're basically home free once you get within range which, let's be honest, often isn't that hard to do (at least pre-1.05 it wasn't). Unless you're playing some really decent players, you manage to get close enough, and, more often than not, they're basically screwed; in the time it takes for them to really react, you can get right in there face and one-shot them at point blank. It always felt fairly cheap to me, even before I started actually playing the game (i.e. learning to rock the AK/FAL).
I find the sniper rifle a bit more of a challenge simply because the aiming does take a level of patience and precision, and when you're concentrating on that, you can't remain entirely focused on what's occurring around you; and whether or not someone's about to pop up behind you. Hence why I really don't have a problem with the ability to one-shot people with it; sans the leg hitbox alteration. I find that a little much.
I'm totally anti-1.05, by the way, I just felt the need to drop my two cents' worth on that portion.
Message 6 of 16 (56 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
3236 posts
 

Re: I just gotta say 4 things.

Feb 24, 2010

Kudos arkangel. Great post with an objective outlook.

 

And yeah if you were getting owned by the shotgun pre-1.05 you were an idiot. A few simple tactics are all that was required to defeat them.

 

And again, if you think the shotgun/pistole was overpowered pre-patch then why are you ok with the FAL, pistol, and sniper? They are way more overpowered now then the shotgun/pistole ever were.

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Message 7 of 16 (56 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/21/2009
Offline
243 posts
 

Re: I just gotta say 4 things.

Feb 24, 2010

tripleWRECK wrote:

Kudos arkangel. Great post with an objective outlook.

 

And yeah if you were getting owned by the shotgun pre-1.05 you were an idiot. A few simple tactics are all that was required to defeat them.

 

And again, if you think the shotgun/pistole was overpowered pre-patch then why are you ok with the FAL, pistol, and sniper? They are way more overpowered now then the shotgun/pistole ever were.


I agree, like the Sniper rifle, the fal doesnt have a weakness.  It has become overpowered.  Something else I dont like is how the AK and M4 have become useless.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - arkangel_mty
Message 8 of 16 (56 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/13/2009
Offline
328 posts
 

Re: I just gotta say 4 things.

Feb 24, 2010
Lol, i RAPE with the FAL, i don't care if its over powered because im rarely stupid enough to be killed by it. 2 words, TAKE COVER. Like i've said before i did and still do hate this update, but either im playing a TON of garbage players or im getting used to this update. I went 21/7 on a 3 on 3 death match when i got split up and it was me and 2 level 1's against Levels 54/51/17, too funny man, needles to say i won it single handedly.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 9 of 16 (56 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/30/2009
Offline
1251 posts
 

Re: I just gotta say 4 things.

Feb 24, 2010

arkangel_mty wrote:

I just gotta say 4 things.

 

1.  The update is not that bad.  Its almost fun if people decide to be cool and not camp.  If people do camp, well your in for a very long and boring game.  Instead of hating the update Im starting to hate the people that camp.  However if ND is not going to change the game back I guess the best we( anybody that hates the update) can do is play fair and not camp because if everybody camps the game becomes SO **bleep**ING BORING.  But for the record I wish this update never happened.  So come on guys lets make this as tolerable as possible.

 

2. To all the noobs.  We get it, you love the update.  Please quit the stupid comments like You guys are just crying over nothing.  Also quit the the game is now better b.s.  If you can't notice the difference between 1.04 and 1.05 except for the fact that the sniper is now a one shot kill weapon, then your opinion doesn't matter.  Come up in here talking about how it took too long to kill somebody, why don't you go back to playing MW2.  I don't hate all the noobs, only the MW2 noobs.

 

3. To all the people that say that the weapons are more balanced now, because the shotgun was overpowered.  Now you know that's some b.s. Right there.  The shot gun required skill.  Otherwise explain how I was able to get in your face without you killing me.  Or explain how even though you also had a shotgun I still killed you.  Or you could explain how you only got one kill with the shotgun while I got 5.  Maybe because I learned how to use it.  You could also explain why you didn't get any kills with the shotgun.  Maybe cause you suck at it.

 

4. The sniper rifle was better the way it use to be.  It required skill and because of that nobody ever used it.  After seeing it lying around I decided to start using in, and guess what, I got good at it.  Two shots wasn't to hard to land, but wasn't to easy so that it became unfair.  Now the sniper rifle has replaced the shotgun.  The difference is that with the shotgun you had to go all the way in somebodys face to kill them, which wasn't always easy, but with the sniper rifle you just aim from any distance and boom they're dead.  The reason the shotgun wasn't overpowered was because it was only effective in short range, but in any other situation it was useless.  The sniper rifle is effective all the time, any time. It has no weakness.

 

 That's all folks!

Message Edited by arkangel_mty on 02-23-2010 08:42 PM

while i don't think i'm a noob, hell i don't think there's such things as noobs, but your being very hypocritical. Your telling us to stop our complaining when your the ones who are complaining. we're the ones that are just complaining over your complaining so if you want us to shut up, then you shut up. plus i don't even own MW2 and i can tell you that from playing it a few times, this is much better. Also your telling us to quit the game is better now b.s. well why don't you quit your the game totally sucks now b.s. not all of us even like the update. we just don't hate it either. all of our opinions matter including yours, and yours, and yours. SO you can't tell us to not voice our opinions.
Message 10 of 16 (56 Views)
Reply
0 Likes