Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/10/2010
Offline
201 posts
 

Re: I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!

Mar 30, 2010

 


mbhitman wrote:
Epion -- you are wrong. I wasn't complaining about the grenades at all. Actually I was commenting on how I think the new grenade blast radius is perfect. It takes skill to get a kill with a grenade now (most of the time), and I think that is how it should be.

As far as SA goes, I never said it shouldn't be in the game. I actually said on numerous occasions I would be willing to debate the topic of whether or not ND should have put it in the game. That discussion is not what irks me. What bothers me is the numerous cry babies who come here and start threads complaining about how they were killed by a player with SA. Its a valid booster in the game. Learn to deal with it....just as I did with the overpowered grenades.

 

 

i know what you said, i know you like grenades now and i know that you complained about nades the way they were, there was never any confusion about that

read my posts again with the above fresh in mind

and i never said that you said SA shouldn't be in the game, not sure where all these things are coming from?

 

read your own posts again as well, what you wrote is the same "whining" you've been accusing others of in other threads where you had been argueing "just for the sake of argueing" as you put it

and here you are again telling people not to whine on the forums even though you just "whined" about grenades the way they used to be

pot kettle black? do i need to spell it out?

 

edit:  and please don't avoid this question from my previous post concerning the old grenades and situational

i wonder what makes you say one of them gave people easy kills and the other does not, would love to hear your reasoning

___________________
SARCASM!? What's that?
Message 31 of 56 (134 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/21/2009
Offline
4961 posts
 

Re: I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!

Mar 30, 2010

Ok, for the sake of argument, here is the difference about spamming over powered grenades and using SA to get kills.

 

Lets start with the obvious, not only are grenades available to everyone at every level, even level 1, but you start out with 1 in your inventory from the very start, and get that supply replenished everytime you die and respawn.  It takes absolutely zero skill to toss a grenade at the feet of your opponent as they are shooting you in the face.  It takes even less skill to just click the L2 button while your camera is facing the ground when an enemy is within close range (effectively executing murder/suicide).  Although there are many people here who always said it was 'easy' to avoid these grenade deaths, I disagree.  The blast radius was quite large, and a HUGE number of unskilled players were getting MOST of thier kills by AFTERLIFE grenades.

 

Now, as far as Situational Awareness goes.  First off, you have to put in some time to get to level 46 and unlock the SA booster.  Its a reward for playing, and its a BOOSTER.  Boosters are supposed to help you, they are supposed to give you an advanatage.  Thats why they are there.  They BOOST your abilities.  They BOOST your attributes.  And lets not mention the obvious.  Even if you have SA, and you are standing still, pressing up, and you can see me through the wall, or behind you, or wherever I may be.  YOU STILL HAVE TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO KILL ME!!!  Unless you are just hiding around a corner for the entire game with a shotgun (which I guess is possible), you are still going to have to figure out how to outshoot me.  Just because you can see where I am, does not mean you are automatically going to kill me. 

 

For a skilled player, SA gives you enough of an advantage to make a difference in a deathmatch.  But THATS THE POINT.  Its a booster.  Its supposed to give you an advantage.  Players who use Down the Irons have an unfair advantage against me when Im not using Down the Irons.  Players who use Fleet Foot and strafe left to right during a gun fight have an unfair advantage agasint me when Im not using Fleet Foot.  Players who are using BREAK UP have an unfair advantage against me when I dont have my BREAK UP equipped!  (ok, that last one was a joke).  Seriously though, why in the world would they even put that in the game as a booster.  Thats hilarious.

 

I think that the fact that SA is a booster, that you have to earn it, and that there is actually another booster which completely negates SA, makes it acceptable.  Is it completely fair, no. But I also dont think it is so obnoxious that 14 threads a day have to be started by little cry baby girls who are crying about getting killed by a player with SA.  Like Ive said about 6 times now.  There are multiple weapons, multiple boosters, and multiple gameplay styles/strategies available to you in this game.  If you are a complete and skilled player, you will learn how to use them all.  And if you want to be succesful, you will learn how to implement them all and take full advantage of all of thier capabilities. 

 

Crying about situational awareness being unfair is just like crying about the RPG or the shotgun as being unfair.  At least SA has to be earned.  Any dopey level 7 can pick up a RPG and get 2 guaranteed kills. 

 

EPION, I ALSO DONT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU HAD TO HIJACK THIS THREAD AND TURN IT INTO YET ANOTHER DISCUSSION ABOUT SITUATIONAL AWARENESS BOOSTER.

Uncharted 2: 135,000 kills
Uncharted 3: 110,000 kills
Uncharted 4: meh
Message 32 of 56 (134 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 10/04/2009
Offline
5921 posts
 

Re: I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!

Mar 30, 2010

 


sackperson_cool wrote:

Ok I'll admit and right out say it, no game company is above discretion. They all have their ups and downs and Naughty Dog is no exception. I was a big supporter of 1.05 and after 1.06 I went silent because BFBC2 came out. During that time I still lurked these forums hoping for the gamers to mature but I see I am wrong. I started playing the game being burned out of straight playing BFBC2 and for the last 2 days I have been playing UC2 religiously. And I honestly can't see why anyone is complaining about except UC2s legacy issues with spawns. Need I make a list?

 

 

  • Balanced health in-between 1.04 and hardcore test week
  • Sniper now requires 2 leg and arm shots and I anywhere else
  • Nice DLC with new maps and much asked for character skins
  • Reduced grenade radius (I feel adding .5 meters would be good but I can live with it as it is now)
  • New medals
  • Reduced ROF for FAL giving it balance
  • Leg hit boxes are back to 13 shots
I mean honestly people Naughty Dog has been on the ball the entire time and consistently listens to it's community. Earlier on the forums I had stated that besides Naughty Dog only Zipper and DICE listen but I now have to rescind this. Zipper won't nerf it's LMGs in MAG (in fact they added more better LMGs), still has freezing/disconnect problems and other glitches. DICE refuses to answer it's disturbingly loyal console fanbase with browser listings, actual clan system, and won't release maps that are true BF maps (they pdizzle are the true COD bandwagoners). Naughty Dog has always stayed with a true Uncharted feel for the game and you guys should feel happy for that because there are so few companies that do that these days.
I feel all of you need to stop complaining. It's not like this game is life itself. It's not like it's the only game out there. Go play Heavy Rain, rent GOW3 or go back to some of your older games and rediscover them like I did with UC2. But please for the love of God all this whining and complaining is getting old and I'm sure Naughty Dog is equally tired of it also. Hell, I even bet the Mods are tired of wading through pages of repetitive content just to make sure we are all on topic and are following the New User Guide.
And here for all the haters that will inevitably post some negative comments I'll take care of it for you.
"COD is that way---> n00b"
"You don't know what you're talking you're only level 42"
"I like this game therefore I have the right to demand it to be anyway I want even though I didn't make it or no anything about programming stuuf like this"
I, as I have said many times before, will keep playing this game with one of the finest stories, with my most favorite MP that I have put more time into than any of my other online games, that was made by one of my most favorite developers in the world.
Naughty Dog you keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to the next DLC and whatever Title Update 1.07 will bring. You keep doing what you how to do and don't let these hatemongerers get you down.
End rant.                                

 

 

*********Stupid Safari removing my spaces between paragraphs.


 

No offense, but you told me that's there's almost no lag online in this game on the BC2 forum. That makes me take anything you say here with a grain of salt.

Message 33 of 56 (134 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/10/2010
Offline
201 posts
 

Re: I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!

Mar 30, 2010

 


mbhitman wrote:

Daniel1415 wrote:

I play this game quiet a bit, I've quickly adapted to all of the updates, I don't even remember 1.04, what does that tell you?  People fail to realize that Naughty Dog hasn't left us, they've kept updating the game long after most would have stopped.  We have DLC on the way, and more updates to come.  Stop bashing them and wait to see what they bring.  Maybe they are purposely pissing the lot of you off so you'll leave so they can give us 'a really good update'.  No seriously, most of you leave so we can get the update we've been waiting for.  Although I'm perfectly fine with the current version.


Sorry dude, but 162 games is NOT QUITE a bit.  I'd even go as far as to say you haven't even played enough to comment on adaption or remembering 1.04.  Of course you don't remember it.  You havent even played 200 matches yet.

 

Also, please stop asking for the grenade radius to be increased again.  It does NOT need to be more.  If you toss a WELL PLACED grenade, it will kill your opponent.  At the very least, it will knock them down, giving you ample time to put 1 or 2 pistol shots into their stunned body.  All the increased radius did, was make it possible for horribly bad players with NO aim to run around the map spamming grenades all over the place and getting cheap kills.  (Yes I do understand that a real grenade would do much more damage to a greater radius than the current UC2 grenades do).  But thats not the point.  In light of the big picture, the multiplayer as a whole is better, for not having unskilled players running around the map getting cheap kills by spamming grenades everywhere.  I LOVE the new grenades. 


 

 

i see

what applies to "whining" about situational awareness doesn't apply to "whining" about grenades

why am i not surprised

edit: and you can sign up with more than 5 i thought, not that i've ever tried or that anyone would actually use it for boosting really

played 8 brazillians once all tagged and all talking portugese so i just assumed they were all grped up but i could be wrong

 

triple just plays premade only on that account, amongst others with this guy i believe? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGbvZWXzrWU

___________________
SARCASM!? What's that?
Message 34 of 56 (134 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 10/15/2009
Offline
1668 posts
 

Re: I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!

Mar 30, 2010

 


Lunatickle wrote:

The FAL is terrible. 

 


 

Again, the FAL is not meant to be use at close ranges,thats what the pistol and AK is for, deal with it.

 

Message 35 of 56 (134 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/10/2010
Offline
201 posts
 

Re: I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!

Mar 30, 2010

 


mbhitman wrote:

Ok, for the sake of argument, here is the difference about spamming over powered grenades and using SA to get kills.

 

Lets start with the obvious, not only are grenades available to everyone at every level, even level 1, but you start out with 1 in your inventory from the very start, and get that supply replenished everytime you die and respawn.  It takes absolutely zero skill to toss a grenade at the feet of your opponent as they are shooting you in the face.  It takes even less skill to just click the L2 button while your camera is facing the ground when an enemy is within close range (effectively executing murder/suicide).  Although there are many people here who always said it was 'easy' to avoid these grenade deaths, I disagree.  The blast radius was quite large, and a HUGE number of unskilled players were getting MOST of thier kills by AFTERLIFE grenades.

to start with the obvious you could indeed avoid grenades, you have said (every time in fact) equip evasion in the past when it comes to situational, i'll just say press circle and roll to counter you when it comes to the old grenades

you say it took "absolutely zero skill", but pressing up to determine where people are on the map does take skill? you've lost me there, i wonder if i'm to blame for that though?

popping out from a corner or cover or flanking someone or shooting them in the back with the help of situational takes skill? all it takes is for you to press up actually, that really is all it takes

lastly you argue that because grenades are available from level1 onwards and everyone starts with one they shouldn't be that powerful, but situational is fine because it's a "reward for the leveling" as i've seen you post before and again here

how should playing a game longer than people give you an even bigger advantage over them than you already have by simply playing longer (and thus having had more practise than those people)? that makes the game less and less about skill instead of more and dare i say is quite ridiculous but sadly this system is in place in pretty much all games so the sheep keep playing the games but that's a different discussion

 

Now, as far as Situational Awareness goes.  First off, you have to put in some time to get to level 46 and unlock the SA booster.  Its a reward for playing, and its a BOOSTER.  Boosters are supposed to help you, they are supposed to give you an advanatage.  Thats why they are there.  They BOOST your abilities.  They BOOST your attributes.  And lets not mention the obvious.  Even if you have SA, and you are standing still, pressing up, and you can see me through the wall, or behind you, or wherever I may be.  YOU STILL HAVE TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO KILL ME!!!  Unless you are just hiding around a corner for the entire game with a shotgun (which I guess is possible), you are still going to have to figure out how to outshoot me.  Just because you can see where I am, does not mean you are automatically going to kill me. 

as said above, once you know where someone is you can easily kill them, if you're a decent player that is

if you're not then at the very least it will give you a very good chance of killing someone you normally would never be able to kill since it gives you a huge advantage in response time: you're already waiting for him, waiting, aimed, ready

the best scenario for the victim would be that he was at least facing your direction and even then he will be at a disadvantage in response time, at worst you just shoot him in the back or flank him

if you can't kill someone then well you're hopeless, and most people are thankfully

and though i have seen one guy camp shotgun room on temple with shotgun and situational awareness literally all game long he's been the only person sad enough to actually do that thankfully

 

For a skilled player, SA gives you enough of an advantage to make a difference in a deathmatch.  But THATS THE POINT.  Its a booster.  Its supposed to give you an advantage.  Players who use Down the Irons have an unfair advantage against me when Im not using Down the Irons.  Players who use Fleet Foot and strafe left to right during a gun fight have an unfair advantage agasint me when Im not using Fleet Foot.  Players who are using BREAK UP have an unfair advantage against me when I dont have my BREAK UP equipped!  (ok, that last one was a joke).  Seriously though, why in the world would they even put that in the game as a booster.  Thats hilarious.

why is "SA gives you enough of an advantage to make a difference in a deathmatch" the point of SA? and why wasnt the point of grenades to have that big a blast radius? who decides that and why? you whenever and for whatever reason it suits you? isn't that exactly what you're accusing others of all the time?

fact of the matter is that situational awareness is a gigantic shift in gameplay whereas down the irons is a slight boost for ak at long range

all other boosters provide these similar small boosts to certain things

none of them big really, except sitatuational which doesn't provide a boost at all, in fact it adds a whole new ability, drastically changing your own gameplay and also (potentially, since again, most who use it are noobs anyway) that of your opponents

 

I think that the fact that SA is a booster, that you have to earn it, and that there is actually another booster which completely negates SA, makes it acceptable.  Is it completely fair, no. But I also dont think it is so obnoxious that 14 threads a day have to be started by little cry baby girls who are crying about getting killed by a player with SA.  Like Ive said about 6 times now.  There are multiple weapons, multiple boosters, and multiple gameplay styles/strategies available to you in this game.  If you are a complete and skilled player, you will learn how to use them all.  And if you want to be succesful, you will learn how to implement them all and take full advantage of all of thier capabilities. 

in any competitive game having played longer already gives you a huge advantage, why the crap would you need another booster to slaughter people who have played less than you even easier than you already can (or at least should be able to since not everyone is on the same level of skill after eg 100 hours of gameplay)? doesn't make sense

personally i don't think of equipping situational awareness and killing "newbies" as much of a reward, and neither should you, not that that's even possible nowadays anymore anyway since you'll just meet 50+ teams usually if you're 50+

but as mentioned before this system of making people overpowered who already should be overpowered just by having played more is to do with marketing and it's to appeal to the noobs, keeps them playing because they want to use things that make them overpowered because they need them

but they should lower the level of evasion though to like lvl10 or less for the times the low levels do face someone 46+

 

Crying about situational awareness being unfair is just like crying about the RPG or the shotgun as being unfair.  At least SA has to be earned.  Any dopey level 7 can pick up a RPG and get 2 guaranteed kills. 

but it's absolutely NOTHING AT ALL like crying about grenades right? absolutely nothing like that, no no, nothing at all whatsoever

 

RPG is 2 bullets, shotguns require range and grenades are limited and you can see them coming usually whereas situational is a garanteed wallhack all game long except for the ones using evasion, but you have eyes so evasion means **bleep** all if you use those eyes

again, most situational users don't though which is why i do use evasion every now and then on maps like sanctuary

but the "best" thing for me to do would still be just use situational myself, which i usually don't, and that's not because i "haven't mastered that part of the game" either

 

to close it off, on a console game especially a wallhack gives you a gigantic amount of power because your opponents simply can't turn fast, it's in no way comparable to any of the other boosters, none of them come close at all

 

EPION, I ALSO DONT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU HAD TO HIJACK THIS THREAD AND TURN IT INTO YET ANOTHER DISCUSSION ABOUT SITUATIONAL AWARENESS BOOSTER.

that's because i love hunting wolves that love hunting sheep

 

 

you have answered my question i guess

- "grenades were zero skill even if you can roll away and even if they are limited, lvl1s should not be able to kill me simply because i'm higher lvl, i've earned the right for everything that a level1 could easily access and i could be killed by too easily to be nerfed"

- "pressing up does require skill because knowing where someone is and then just shooting him in the back requires not one but two braincells especially on a console, and lvl46s have played enough to earn them a huge advantage while already having one to begin with by having played longer, that makes it ok

also there's evasion and because every noob with situational i have played against has been a noob and not used his eyes i was just able to jump him with evasion, this clearly shows evasion is super useful and that situational is just crap really"

 

on one hand you argue the response time in favor of the victim but with nades it's the other way around while there's no reason for it other than your personal opinion

pressing L2 is zero skill to you, whereas pressing circle however is too hard and pressing the up button somehow equals skill to you

because situational itself doesn't involve actually shooting the opponent, it just helps you get the jump on him giving you an advantage when it comes to response time and even more so in a console game where you aim with a poke or whatever you call it

 

to be expected, not that there was anything you could have actually said though that would turn your contradiction around

___________________
SARCASM!? What's that?
Message 36 of 56 (134 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/22/2009
Offline
1978 posts
 

Re: I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!

Mar 30, 2010

THANK YOU

 

But I disagree with FAL, it's now useless.

Message 37 of 56 (134 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
3247 posts
 

Re: I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!

Mar 30, 2010

Guys ignore Squirtle, he really is clueless.

Message 38 of 56 (134 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 06/05/2009
Offline
411 posts
 

Re: I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!

Mar 30, 2010

 


mbhitman wrote:

 

Also, please stop asking for the grenade radius to be increased again.  It does NOT need to be more.  If you toss a WELL PLACED grenade, it will kill your opponent.  At the very least, it will knock them down, giving you ample time to put 1 or 2 pistol shots into their stunned body.  All the increased radius did, was make it possible for horribly bad players with NO aim to run around the map spamming grenades all over the place and getting cheap kills.  (Yes I do understand that a real grenade would do much more damage to a greater radius than the current UC2 grenades do).  But thats not the point.  In light of the big picture, the multiplayer as a whole is better, for not having unskilled players running around the map getting cheap kills by spamming grenades everywhere.  I LOVE the new grenades. 


+1 to this.  I also love the new grenades and think it was a change for the better because it requires skill now to use them.  

 

 

My Montages: I II III IV

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - drewwk
Message 39 of 56 (134 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
3247 posts
 

Re: I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!

Mar 30, 2010
Yeah, the grenades were one good thing to come from 1.06. I won't include the hitboxes because they should of NEVER been removed in the first place.
Message 40 of 56 (134 Views)
Reply
0 Likes