Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 10 2010
By: Curtins4u Hekseville Citizen 360 posts

Hey Naughty Dog ever heard of New Coke? I'm guessing not.

76 replies 147 views Edited Mar 10, 2010

Here's the wiki since you guys really need to learn a lesson from that whole fiasco. But if you don't feel like reading, I'll sum it up for you and relate.

Coke, one of the most successful drinks of all time and especially during the 1980's was having great success (similar to Uncharted 2, winning pretty much every Game of the Year award possible for making one of the best games of all time).

Since some people didn't like Coke, the boys at Coke got greedy and decided they would completely change the formula that made Coke so successful in order to win over new customers, disregarding how their current customers felt about the product. Once again, just like Uncharted 2 and the good ol' boys (and girls) at Naughty Dog completely overhauling the masterpiece of a game they had been rewarded so much for.

Long story short, Coke realized what a mistake they had made once people were furious that the company had ruined their beloved beverage and quickly switched back to the old formula that brought them success.

The moral of the story: If it aint broke, don't fix it. Switch things back Naughty Dog, or at least some sort of compromise like a Hardcore mode. I die quicker in Uncharted than MAG and that's a modern warfare style game! Why copy idea's in a game you beat out for Game of the Year? Did you miss the hint that people want something that's unique and different and love your game for what you've accomplished?

(edit) Forgot to mention: The new maps are great, and I'm glad that you've added them to keep the game fresh. It's just a shame I can't enjoy them like I would have been able to before all the drastic health changes.

1.06 Update: While 1.06 is an improvement over the awful 1.05, it just shows that 1.04 was the most fair and balanced. My 2 cents:

Limb damage is a huge improvement.

The new Call of Duty style awards are actually enjoyable and seem to result in way more money in medals each game.

Removal of the shoulder swap is good.

Grenades are now almost completely worthless.

The spawns are awful where you usually get spawned RIGHT behind somebody else who just spawned.

The FAL didn't need to be slowed down pre 1.05, but since it became so overpowered in 1.05 it got nerfed big time in 1.06. Edit: After playing it seems like the FAL is still deadly if in the right hands.

People who say the sniper rifle taking 2 hits was too hard are newbs, one hit kills should only apply to head shots with the sniper, stealth kills and explosions.

Anybody who thinks I'm crying, I just came back to Uncharted and well my stats speak for themselves. Go take a look if you think I'm QQ'n for getting owned. When my teammates and I run full speed at another team, with half health, with no fear and watch grenades explode at our feet and laugh about how we should have died. There needs to be a fix. Spawns are also a joke now, I realize Naughty Dog is looking into it, but once again there was no need for a change. I almost feel bad killing somebody when I spawn 10 feet behind them after they JUST re-spawned themselves.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Curtins4u
Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 77 (147 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1995 posts

Re: Hey Naughty Dog ever heard of New Coke? I'm guessing not.

Feb 26, 2010
Your good
VVV>
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 77 (147 Views)
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Feb 26, 2010

100% A++

tripled, streak, fury, rage, you killed em all on this thread

....you recieved 50k

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - KLLYRSLF
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 77 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1977 posts

Feb 26, 2010
Shut the eff up, Uncharted 2 is better than ever.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 77 (147 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3230 posts

Feb 26, 2010

Da-Hedgie wrote:

You know, this is why nobody likes you right?

Excellent post Curtins, you pretty much owned this entire forum. Kudos!

LIVESTREAMING The Last of Us and Uncharted 3!

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 77 (147 Views)
PlayStation MVP
9117 posts

Feb 26, 2010
I think I love you.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 77 (147 Views)
Splicer
88 posts

Feb 26, 2010

Da-Hedgie wrote:
Oh boy. Fanboys/trolls are really entertaining.
Oh yeah, great point TC. XD 

Message Edited by SpongeBob_SP on 02-25-2010 11:39 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 77 (147 Views)
Sackboy
462 posts

Feb 26, 2010

would you please stop?

I never do this, and I don't like guys who think they are forum police, but you guys are going overboard.

I get it, you don't like the update, and if you want to protest it then more power to you.

but do you really have to open a new thread every time someone gets a new idea? can't you just keep it in existing threads?

it ha[[nes the same with every new post, OP is wall'o'texting, first 5 guys tell him how awsome he is, then a pro/con 1.05 war starts and soon dies out.

this is not about me not liking the fact that you speak your mind. this is about me thinking this war is getting  quite old and no new point is added to it, just some semi wise analogy.

just give people room to discuss other things

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 77 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Feb 26, 2010

Anyone else's cheek and/or tongue sore?

edit: guess i'm the only one. i'll have to remember my </s> tag next time.

Message Edited by ArgentFox on 02-26-2010 02:53 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 77 (147 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3230 posts

Feb 26, 2010

sFX_usa wrote:

would you please stop?

I never do this, and I don't like guys who think they are forum police, but you guys are going overboard.

I get it, you don't like the update, and if you want to protest it then more power to you.

but do you really have to open a new thread every time someone gets a new idea? can't you just keep it in existing threads?

it ha[[nes the same with every new post, OP is wall'o'texting, first 5 guys tell him how awsome he is, then a pro/con 1.05 war starts and soon dies out.

this is not about me not liking the fact that you speak your mind. this is about me thinking this war is getting  quite old and no new point is added to it, just some semi wise analogy.

just give people room to discuss other things

Kind of ironic isn't it? That you're complaining about people who you think are trying to be "forum police" when that's essentially what you're doing here?

People are free to do whatever they want here inside of the rules. If mods think they are spamming or making too many threads guess what? They're going to take care of it. It's their actual job here after all.

That said, I agree that most of 1.05 should stay in only a handful of threads. Luckily for all of us, I'll be posting a sizable one here within the next day that'll make everyone happy.

LIVESTREAMING The Last of Us and Uncharted 3!

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 77 (147 Views)
0 Likes