Highlighted
Nov 14 2009
By: JoeDuke4 Uncharted Territory 1873 posts

Hand to hand improvement online.

28 replies 26 views Edited Nov 14, 2009

I feel the current hand to hand online is really weak, but also could be improved in practical ways.

For one thing, they need to improve the animation of the punch to allow you to keep control and movement of your character. Animations are the really astounding thing about this game and the current animation just doesn't hold up.

The punch animation similar to the one in SP when your running should be online. This will allow you to keep movement and control and have a good looking animation. When stopped then the punch animation from SP should also be present, the standing swing.

Also, if a player is below 50% health, there should be on the finisher animations for melee. Such as the dropkick, headbutt, slidepunch, haymaker, uppercut, and superman punch. Those animations are amazing, and using the current system used with ledge pulls to sync animations would work well. This would work exactly like the ledgepull/kick off/headsmash.

The hand to hand adds so much to the Uncharted experiance, and the current animation just doesn't do it justice and isn't that fun compared to SP. I think this would work, and seriously, who wouldn't want to take a picture of you dropkicking some fool in the chops?

Naughty Dog please consider this!

Game Photography:
http://s617.photobucket.com/home/JoeDuke4/index

Homemade fightscene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjErlHH21sA

'Fortune Favours the Bold'
Message 1 of 29 (26 Views)
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Re: Hand to hand improvement online.

Nov 14, 2009
agree 100%
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - MichaelRoche
Message 2 of 29 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
223 posts

Nov 14, 2009
Yeh great point, i find it just weird how i can melee someone first but if he attacks back really quickly we both kill each other on the second attack. If you get hit by melee you should get stunned or something instead of being able to hit them right back
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - jon1122
Message 3 of 29 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5921 posts

Nov 14, 2009

jon1122 wrote:
Yeh great point, i find it just weird how i can melee someone first but if he attacks back really quickly we both kill each other on the second attack. If you get hit by melee you should get stunned or something instead of being able to hit them right back

I'm sure they didn't design it that way, but that tends to happen due to the lag. Other games where these types of things happen include GTA4 and MW.

Games like Resistance and KZ2 didn't have these problems because they were on dedicated servers.

Message Edited by pdiss88 on 11-14-2009 11:18 AM
Message 4 of 29 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

Nov 14, 2009

KZ2 doesn't use dedicated servers, and also has double kills.

Anyway, thanks for the positive feedback, I hope naughty dog sees this. I don't think there should be stuns for a melee hit though, it feels cheap to lose your control like that, thats why i suggested improving the punch hit animation and blend it with the run, to still keep movement. I really feel this improvement is doable for ND and wouldn't be anything new for the game, its just done differently.

Game Photography:
http://s617.photobucket.com/home/JoeDuke4/index

Homemade fightscene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjErlHH21sA

'Fortune Favours the Bold'
Message 5 of 29 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3094 posts

Nov 14, 2009

I agree also.

To my knowledge, a one hit punch kill is supposed to be impossible but I have been a victim of them.

Last week I played the same guy in two games in a row and throughout both games he was killing me with single punches.  And I'm NOT talking steel fist.

At first I thought he must be shooting me first but after several kills I actually stood there twice without shooting as I saw him and both times he just ran towards me and punched without firing a shot.  Maybe a glitch or something I don't know but two games running?  I know for certain I have NEVER killed anyone with a single punch.

Also a bit annoying, yesterday in a match there was a guy in a doorway and I saw he had a shotgun so kept my distance and shot TWO grenades from the grenade launcher, then dropped a grenade in the doorway (ok so my aim was crap but he WAS stunned from it all) then charged to him and fired a few shots then hit him but he hit me at the same time and I died while he ran away unscathed.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 29 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5921 posts

Nov 14, 2009

JoeDuke4 wrote:

KZ2 doesn't use dedicated servers

You're 100% wrong. They absolutely do. Look it up. Almost any "double kills" are due to explosives being fired beforehand. There are also some double kills with guns or melees, but they are extremely, extremely rare and don't happen 90% of the time like in UC2.

Message 7 of 29 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
360 posts

Nov 14, 2009
If they improved the melee the onine would be perfect in my eyes. Right now I'm playing MW2 because my friend and I can't join each others parties in U2 but I'm waiting to come back once new DLC/updates are added. A new melee system and new maps would be a nice christmas present Naughty Dog
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Curtins4u
Message 8 of 29 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1573 posts

Nov 14, 2009
I agree.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 29 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Nov 14, 2009

I hope ND can make a booster to counter this problem.  

Pistol Whip/But End:  Use the idol as a weapon if that's possible.

Message 10 of 29 (26 Views)
0 Likes